This is a photoshop - signed, a graphic artist. (with pics)

Options

Replies

• Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    some of this is starting to look so grotesque. thank you for opening our eyes Tia!
  • RawCarrots
    RawCarrots Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this thread!
  • DystoniaGirl
    DystoniaGirl Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Im in love with this board, its fab!!
  • charmarbobar
    charmarbobar Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Bump to keep following the rollover!

Thanks to everyone posting comparisons....they really are eye opening (not that I wasn't aware, but the depth of it is unbelieving!)
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Freaky smooth knees and armpits and elbow, and a slimmer middle, oh and they stretched her neck. I keep finding more things and editing this post. lol

celebrities_get_the_photoshop_treatment_640_23.jpg
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I wonder if celebrities think of themselves as those perfect Photoshopped versions of themselves because that's what they see in photos most of the time, or do you think they are shocked when they see edited versions of themselves with teeny waists and Barbie doll legs?

If it was me, I would hate it. But I would hate most things about being a celebrity so it's hard to say.

To me though it would make it really difficult to go out in public, knowing that people who see you are expecting you to look like a magazine cover.
  • khartley535
    khartley535 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    These have helped with my self image a lot lately. Thank you!!!

And bumping :)
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    In for more Photoshop shenanigans.
  • Showmm
    Showmm Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I can usually spot something that is photoshopped, but can't say how exactly. Nice to have it explained and pointed out exactly, thank you!
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    Bump! This is so fascinating!
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Bwahaha! So, let me get this straight.... the trend is to make black women look lighter, but black men look darker? What's up with that?

In case you are serious... here's my guess. The darkened skin vs the brightened lighting (note the light parts are MUCH lighter) makes the muscle definition look more dramatic, due to higher contrast. In real life, fitness people get tanned, oil up, and go under bright lights for the very same reason.

But, on a woman (unless it's a fitness shot) they usually want a smoother look, so they'd lighten up the skin tone to reduce contrast.
  • kvandeman
    kvandeman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • alglenn2013
    alglenn2013 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Bump to keep following! This is fun!
  • TiaFerrera
    TiaFerrera Posts: 93
    Options
    Link to original thread:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/982475-this-is-a-photoshop-signed-a-graphic-artist-with-pics

I'm so glad everyone is seeing how absurd it is... and hopefully seeing their REAL bodies as beautiful the way it is, especially those who have met their fitness goals and still aren't satisfied. Weightloss should have a light at the end of the tunnel and this stuff would rob all of us of that if it could.
  • amez1974
    amez1974 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    This is fascinating-I'm with others I can look at pictures and think something isn't quite right, but having the changes pointed out makes it much clearer!
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    this makes me feel sick :/