How much sleep do you get?

Options

Replies

• vstraughan
    vstraughan Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Less then 6 hrs during the week and maybe if my internal alarm doesn't wake me up 6.5 on the weekends. Coffee is my friend. My best friend.
    What he ^^ said...I dnt sleep well, I go to bed early - like 9pm sometimes earlier and I still only get a few hours bc I wake up between 6-20 times a night! Yuck! I would so love a solid 5-7 hours!

What you said Jess! I'd go to bed about 10 and wake up 3-4 times for anywhere from 20 minutes to 3 hours at a time. Then my alarm would go off at 5:30. I had be be put on sedatives (as i also had injuries that weren't healing as a consequence) and now I get 5 1/2 hours continuous sleep. By the weekend, I'm destroyed and (w/sedatives) can get up to 10 hours.

Not the best!
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    generally need 8. usually get 6. catch up on weekends.

now that summer's around the corner and there's more light i will need less sleep. 5-6 might do for a while.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I had be be put on sedatives (as i also had injuries that weren't healing as a consequence) and now I get 5 1/2 hours continuous sleep.

That's a big thing for me, too! I heal sooo slowly because of my horrible sleeping. Going to go pick up my refill for my sleeping meds today, haha. (I take muscle relaxers to sleep)
  • goldenboy2532
    goldenboy2532 Posts: 856
    Options
    4.5-5 hours
  • catneon
    catneon Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Usually between 7-8 however I do wake up a few times it's rare that I'll sleep a full night.
    If I do not get enough sleep during the week I can feel it and on weekends I can go 10-12hrs straight to recoup!

It's gotten better over the years but I also tend to think a lot....I use to wake up in the middle of the night fully awake thinking of a problem at work that I was resolving in my sleep! Trying to fall back asleep after that was torture thankfully this seems to only happen a couple times a year now.
  • MzzFaith
    MzzFaith Posts: 337 Member
    Options
  • mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    7 Hours. Go to bed at 10, wake up at 5 and hit the gym.
  • goldenboy2532
    goldenboy2532 Posts: 856
    Options
    Damn, I wish I was this disciplined... I go to bed between 12:00 and 1:00 Am and wake up between 5:00 and 6:00. Get to work at around 7:00 and hit the gym afterwards at around 5
  • Jimaudit
    Jimaudit Posts: 275
    Options
    I have a 4 year old so sleep on her schedule. If she is healthy, then I get a good night's rest (usually 6-8 hours). If not, then 3-4 up and down all night.
  • nahiluoh
    nahiluoh Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    6-7 during the week. I try to get to bed by 10pm so it depends whether I work out with my trainer in the AM or not.

Weekends I try to get a solid eight but that requires filling the kids with pizza and movies on Friday nights so they will let me sleep until 7:30am!

We have another baby on the way in a few weeks so forget everything I said starting next month.
  • KathyPBiles
    KathyPBiles Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    7-9 hours per night
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    very little, i have a husband that snores,, tonight i am going to tape his mouth shut.
  • glbragg
    glbragg Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I usually get about 7-8 hours a night.

A study I read says to check to see how much sleep your body needs is if you are on vacation for a week just wake up whenever your body is rested. Usually the first few days you will sleep long (like your 14 hours) until your body catches up but on days 6 and 7 you will wake up when your body is rested. That can range from 6 to 10 hours depending on the person and then you know how much sleep you need for your body.
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    During the week I'm lucky to get 6. Weekends I try to get 7-10 because I need it by then. I get so worn down during the week...grrrr lol.
  • mousepaws22
    mousepaws22 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    A good night's sleep is about 4-5 hours. I'm getting abour 2-3 hours at the minute. I'm exhausted.
  • The_Outlaw_Torn
    The_Outlaw_Torn Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    4-6 hours... anything more or less and you don't want to know me.
  • taytaylynn3
    taytaylynn3 Posts: 601
    Options
    While i am away at school i normally get 5-6 hours a night while on the weekends a good 8-9.
    At home during the summer i get a good 7-8 all the time. (:
  • mamosh81
    mamosh81 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    usually between 7-8 hours but when i take my meds i take naps during the day for another 5 hours
  • JonathanBB
    JonathanBB Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Not enough,5-6 hours.

I am perpetually exhausted.

^^ This. I could get more but then I would have no time for my morning workouts.

BTW 14 hours of sleep on weekend makes sense as the body can "catch up" on lost sleep.

Later - off to get some more coffee and get back to working.
  • kenzietate
    kenzietate Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    7 hrs 15 mins is what I need according to my body's sleep patterns. As in no matter what time I go to bed and whether or not I have to get up the next morning, this is how much sleep I am allowed by my body. During the week though I average between 5 and 6.