Am I the only one who hates Greek yogurt?

Options

Replies

• mfleeg
    mfleeg Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I hated it, too!!

But now I want to try it witht he peanut butter in it to see if I like that! :)
  • scwilson38
    scwilson38 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I can not eat greek yogurt either. Something about the texture for me. It makes me gag too.
  • lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I don't eat it plain.... add stuff to it... for savoury dishes add lemon, garlic, salt and pepper, chilli and coriander?

Sweeter stuff a bit of honey and lemon in it... whatever you prefer. You don't have to eat it as it comes... shake it up a bit :)
  • amaranthine1018
    Options
    I can't stand it either, too sour.
  • ttknowles01
    ttknowles01 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Nope...I hate it too! I keep trying different brands to see if they is one that I will like eventually...but alas, still hating for the moment lol
  • sarahDickson501
    sarahDickson501 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    The only kind I can stand is healthy choice frozen Greek yogurt. its with all the weight watchers frozen dinners in the grocery store, and they have a few different flavors :)
  • CarolElaine25
    CarolElaine25 Posts: 102
    Options
    I've only recently tried Greek yogurt. The flavored Fage non-fat ones are very good, as are the full-fat Trader Joe's (which is 320 calories, as opposed to 120 calories for Fage Blueberry Acai). Flavored Trader Joe's non-fat Greek Yogurt is nasty. I don't think I could ever eat this stuff plain.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I hate the plain kind, but I really like Dannon Light n' Fit greek yogurt. The strawberry and blueberry are really good.

ETA: I cook with the plain stuff, though. I really can't tell the difference when I substitute it for heavy cream.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I took me awhile to get used to the taste, I had to add some raw honey for sweetness and Kashi Go Lean Crisp. 23g of protein.
  • ilovesparkle
    ilovesparkle Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I can't even stand the smell, let alone sight or taste. I'm a traditional yogurt kind of gal and I intend to keep it that way. Who wants yogurt that's thicker than sour cream? (I don't like that either. :p)
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt seems to be one of the favorite foods in the healthy eating world and I wanted so badly to love the stuff. But I cannot stomach it- the texture makes me gag and I'm not a fan of the flavor, as it's more sour than traditional yogurt. So far I have tried the Dannon Oikos and the Yoplait Greek yogurt- but both were a no go for me. I also tried the Ben and Jerry's Frozen Green Yogurt and didn't like it as well. Maybe there is one brand that is better than all the others, but so far I have not found it.

If you don't like it, don't eat it. I bought Oikos once and ended up feeding most of it to my dog. I eat Fage and Chobani just about every day, though.
  • kemeko
    kemeko Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt seems to be one of the favorite foods in the healthy eating world and I wanted so badly to love the stuff. But I cannot stomach it- the texture makes me gag and I'm not a fan of the flavor, as it's more sour than traditional yogurt. So far I have tried the Dannon Oikos and the Yoplait Greek yogurt- but both were a no go for me. I also tried the Ben and Jerry's Frozen Green Yogurt and didn't like it as well. Maybe there is one brand that is better than all the others, but so far I have not found it.

Thank you! I thought I was the only one with a violent repulsion for that nasty stuff! :sick: I love regular yogurt, but can't tolerate the greek stuff. I've pretty much tried all the brands I could find, hoping one was "decent". But ugh! Not possible. I've given up on it.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Dannon and Yoplait are not real Greek yogurts. Also, don't eat plain. It's not meant to be eaten plain. Chobani and Fage are the best brands.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I discovered that it's an acquired taste. I switched from "fancy" yogurts to greek yogurt about a year ago. Tried a few different brands of plain, vanilla or honey flavored and they all tasted horrible to me! Then I tried the Chobani fruit on the bottom and those were pretty wonderful. Still a bit of an adjustment with taste/texture but not bad. About a month ago I bought some Fage side cups on a whim (plain 0% or 2% with yummy flavorings on the side) and decided to try the yogurt by itself and was pleasantly surprised! It was tasty, creamy and totally yummy on its own! Now I buy the Fage 2% in big tubs and portion it out with a tiny bit of all natural strawberry jelly for an extra treat. YUM!
  • kokalvt
    kokalvt Posts: 143
    Options
    I HATE Greek yogurt and everyone thinks I'm crazy! It's like eating sour cream, yuckkkkk
  • nekoxvampyx
    nekoxvampyx Posts: 163
    Options
    I love it!! add some strawberries and granola to it and it makes a yummy snack :)
  • jeanniemartin3000
    Options
    I do not like Greek either. BUT I did find Dannon Light & Fit Greek to be suitable.I know most people will say it's not "real" greek. I like the strawberry kind. I mix it up real good and have an easier time eating it!
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    *raises hand* I don't care too much for yogurt. I do like it frozen since we have this big froyo trend lately. I love Sweet Frog!
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Nope, it's not just you. I find it nasty, bitter & way too sour.
    The only stuff I've been able to eat has been those small Chobani® cups with chocolate pieces.
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I bought Chobani and Oikos brand. I use to love it. Couldn't get enough of it. Then I got over it and haven't bought some in months.