Story behind your username

Replies

• MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    When I taught Sunday School, my last name is incredibly difficult for people to pronounce, so the kids just all called me Miz Terry. Even the fellas at my office call me Miz Terry.
  • commanderval
    commanderval Posts: 187 Member
    oh gosh... back when I was a teenager, I had this metallic silver jacket that I wore all the time (it was pretty damn cool!) One of my friends said I looked like I could play in Star-Trek and he called me "Commander Val aboard the USS Enterprise". And I've had this username for ever. I ALWAYS use this username. BTW, this friend of mine passed away a couple of years ago. He was very sick with bone cancer. It reminds me of him and of the happy days :flowerforyou:
  • Forever4me
    Forever4me Posts: 76 Member
    From the time I was little, I've always put everyone else first, and myself dead last (always as a result of wanting people to like/accept me even though I was fat). Always trying to please....so finally, for the first time in life, I'm putting myself first, and it feels amazing. I'm so much happier! (Of course, within reason, but I'm done always putting myself last) So this is 4 me, and will be forever...
  • odddrums
    odddrums Posts: 342 Member
    I came up with it way back in high school because I always considered myself odd and play drums, sometimes in odd time signatures. I also like the ddd because it makes the words flow together a little.
  • LondonsAngel1990
    LondonsAngel1990 Posts: 71 Member
    I was born in London, UK in 1990 & my late grandfather used to call me Angel so I've used LondonsAngel as all my online usernames/gamer tags etc!
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    It's just a matter of time: sick body, sick mind.
  • Lindabummy1
    Lindabummy1 Posts: 73 Member
    We had a close elderly gentleman that I used to go and visit frequently as he lived alone and had health issues and was a great cook! If I wasn't home, I was at work or at his place. One time my husband teased me and said you are like a little bummy going from house to house and eating from house to house. (Might have been the start of my eating problem! lol) It was funny cause they both liked each other and he would come visit with me sometimes. It came to the point where if I hadn't come home from work and forgot to let him know, he would call the house and "Jimmy" would answer and hubby would say "Is the bummy there?" They would laugh and he would give the phone to me. The nickname stuck so I added it to my first name and that is the origination of the Lindabummy. lol.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    I used to be simple. My first and last names smashed together. Then I had a problem with a stalker who was a bit too creepy, and decided I needed to change it. My MFP lover always called me her special snowflake in an affectionate way. So, when I decided I was ready to go back into the forums, I changed it.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,412 Member
    :laugh: Just my name. It is who I am. And not many women (maybe some little girls) are named Rilea.
  • TheWiseCat
    TheWiseCat Posts: 297
    I am wise.
    I am cat.
    I am the.
  • ucabucca
    ucabucca Posts: 606 Member
    It is a former Romanian exchange students Nick name that is still dear to us.
  • When I was a boy I started throwing knives as a way to deal with stress and I never stopped. It forces me to shut-out everything but my target. Focus + Determination.
  • CharlotteTheCoffeeLover
    CharlotteTheCoffeeLover Posts: 1,205 Member
    I love coffee :smile:
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    I had a customer call me Freida one day (apparently Briana sounds like Freida...), and they also used to call me the "rogue" employee since I'm the only female in our company. I guess it was pretty darn hilarious that I was called Freida, so it then turned into "rogiefreida" and "princess rogiefreida", which I thought was too long for a user name.

Bonus: it's never taken by anyone else. :glasses:

:laugh:
    I'm a nurse and I work with the elderly, many of whom are hearing impaired.
    You would think "Sue" would be easy for them to hear and understand.
    Apparently not, "Jue"? "Jule""? etc etc
    NO, SUE!
    Then they want to know why I'm yelling at them... :tongue:
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    oh gosh... back when I was a teenager, I had this metallic silver jacket that I wore all the time (it was pretty damn cool!) One of my friends said I looked like I could play in Star-Trek and he called me "Commander Val aboard the USS Enterprise". And I've had this username for ever. I ALWAYS use this username. BTW, this friend of mine passed away a couple of years ago. He was very sick with bone cancer. It reminds me of him and of the happy days :flowerforyou:

:flowerforyou:
  • I tried multiple user names that meant something to me, variations of my name, nickname etc.... hybrid of my kids names... all were taken... the rest is history.
  • Autumnsun26
    Autumnsun26 Posts: 83 Member
    Its part of my email address I have had since I was younger. My name is not autumn.. just saying :)
  • missybct
    missybct Posts: 321 Member
    BCT are my initials (sort of) and missy was my nickname by an ex boyfriend which for some reason, has sticked! (ex boyfriend is good friend!)
  • ironrunerr
    ironrunerr Posts: 8
    I'm the Iron Runner. Mainly, I choose this username because I have spent the past seven months running through my troubles, the iron weighing me down. Also, because I'm a runner and weight lifter.
  • brillmer
    brillmer Posts: 1,268 Member
    play on words from my last name

nothing exciting lol