Is there anything you cannot/will not cut out of your diet?

Options

Replies

• nettasue35
    nettasue35 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I won't give up coffee! I d have it black and no sugar, never even thought about giving up chocolate.
  • laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Alcohol (at least a few a day). Pizza and french fries (once a week or so). I have done well losing weight just budgeting those things in and logging.
  • NumbrsNerd
    NumbrsNerd Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I refuse to cut anything I want. ever.

I have coffee with cream every morning, eat ice cream, cookies, chips...seriously. I just eat in MODERATION and it works for me.

This is my approach as well - everything is okay - in moderation.
  • cordianet
    cordianet Posts: 534 Member
    Options

I have coffee with cream every morning, eat ice cream, cookies, chips...seriously. I just eat in MODERATION and it works for me.

^ This! Don't give up what you like to eat, it just causes you to crave it more and unfortunately many people end up binging later as a result. Even if you never succumb to the binge, you may struggle once you reach your goal weight when you go back to eating "normally" if you got there by cutting out certain foods. It's much better in the long run to just eat what you like.
  • genofreek
    genofreek Posts: 75
    Options
    Soda. I don't need much, but I won't give it up. I've gotten myself down to one Coke Zero a day, which isn't great but it's better than several cans of regular Coke!

Everything else I really love but shouldn't, like cheese and fried foods, I try to take in moderation. Wait for a cheat day. Only order a small. Promise myself an extra half hour on the elliptical if I give in. I've been able to keep my diet about where I want it and still lose, so I'd count that as a win.
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    My once in a blue-moon beer or two.
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    My weekend homemade cappuccino made with half/half and truvia. I grind my own beans from an italian roast. It's so much tastier than anything from a coffee shop. Not giving it up. Nope. Not ever.
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Pancakes. I just have them a little less often and in smaller portions. Then I up the amount of egg whites instead. :laugh:
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Pretty much anything. I've just learned how to not over do it. But I eat and drink what I want. I drink alcohol a lot these days, but since I work at a liquor store I don't see me quitting drinking any time soon. It's honestly almost a necessity, so I can try things to recommend to customers.
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    MagicalLeopleurodon Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    i refuse to cut anything out. if i enjoy it, im going to eat it.
  • Camille0502
    Camille0502 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Why should you give up anything? I see people at healthy weights drinking coffee all the time. It may be black or have low fat milk and a little sugar in it, but it is still coffee.

If we are trying to lose weight, we may have to change the way we eat or drink things (less quantity, less frequently) but I can honestly say I haven't had to give anything up completely to lose the weight I've lost so far.

Now if you ask whether I've cut down on certain items, I'd definitely say yes to that. But given stuff up entirely, no.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,525 Member
    Options
    I've basically ate what I've wanted to for my whole life. It's not what most people are eating, it's HOW MUCH that's the issue. Now yes it's important to ensure you get in the correct macros of optimal health (which I personally do), but if we're just talking about weight, then really all people have to do is be in control of their calories.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,149 Member
    Options
    To start, I don't think of this as a diet. It's a lifestyle change, with more knowledge about how things work. That being said, I don't give up anything. I don't eat five servings at a time, or eat some foods every day, but I haven't not eaten anything I've eaten before. Just not as much or daily. And sometimes I look at something and think "nah, it's just not worth it at this particular time" and not eaten it then, but will have it on another day.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options

This.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Pancakes. I just have them a little less often and in smaller portions. Then I up the amount of egg whites instead. :laugh:

Protein pancakes my friend. The key to making them like regular pancakes is buttermilk. But a scoop of whey, a little whole wheat flour, vanilla, and buttermilk. The BEST.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I refuse to cut anything. This lifestyle change ain't worth a damn thing if I can't have what I want.
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    MagicalLeopleurodon Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Rare beef, cheese, chocolate, crystallized ginger, ginger spread. I will not give those up, and I enjoy most of them nearly every day. Beefsteak, not every day, but several times a week. Quality of life, and all that.

....what is ginger spread and where can i get it? ginger is like....top 5 best things ever.
  • SJackson50
    SJackson50 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Morning coffee (light & sweetened w/sugar!), bacon & my monthly McDonald's...never.
    Actually don't think I will cut out anything forever! Everything in moderation.
    Much success with your goals everyone!
  • SugarNtheRaw
    SugarNtheRaw Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Chocolate. The only reason I've cut out meat and dairy is because I have a severe hormone issue, otherwise, I'd just cut it down, not nearly abandoning it completely. Maybe have dairy/meat 2-6x a month.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I don't cut out anything. Everything in moderation.