Is there anything you cannot/will not cut out of your diet?

Options

Replies

• inksyrup
    inksyrup Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Frozen yogurt! I cannot, will not, be taken down without it.

Also, some Japanese food. Like Taiyaki, Taoyaki, Udon, and Calpico drinks; they're too good to cut out all together, but I don't have them as often as I used to.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I refuse to cut anything out of my diet.. I eat what I like, what I want and what makes me feel good. the stuff I do not eat.. i do not eat because I do not like it, it makes me feel gross, makes me sick or I'm allergic. :~)
  • dorthymcconnel
    dorthymcconnel Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    There is nothing I will completely cut out of my diet, and I refuse to go fat free on anything. However, I do try to watch portion sizes when I have something with more fat calories (as with everything else) and I limit access to certain things can trigger binging. Deprivation doesn't work for me, but learning moderation does.
  • RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I kinda want to say I don't cut anything, but there are some things I can't eat in moderation like cheese and Gummy bears :( So I try not to eat those anymore.
    The 2 things I refuse to cut out of my diet are Alcohol (especially vodka and white wine) and Chocolate (in any form). They make me very, very happy and I can't see why that would be a bad thing :)
  • sstoro
    sstoro Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    The only thing that I’ve cut out of my diet is the excessive portions that got me here in the first place! But seriously I’ve not cut out anything. I figure as long as I’m within my daily goal, “it’s all good.”
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I refuse to cut anything I want. ever.

I have coffee with cream every morning, eat ice cream, cookies, chips...seriously. I just eat in MODERATION and it works for me.

This! Except I actually prefer my coffee black except every once in a blue moon I'll have some whipped cream on my coffee, don't know why, I just get the weirdest hankering for it...

It's all about moderation and I'm not afraid to put in some extra exercise or even a double workout if I want something that will skew my goals.

I even put in a giant run so we could make fried chicken and then we had the worlds worst grease fire and after we put out the flames we had to let the house ventilate and we went out for prime rib instead..
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    you'd have to pry my coffee from my cold dead hands.

tumblr_m47ru3pRwi1rtrjuvo1_400.gif
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I refuse to cut anything...I just smaller portions and the "bad" foods not as often...and makes sure to do an extra work out...
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Eggs and cheese.
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Coffee with my cream and sugar. And cheese. Neither one I'd ever let go of. Then again, there isn't any need to.
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I haven't really given up anything. I did give up alcohol and soft drink (soda) for January. This was mostly a habit change. Now I am just having things in moderation, or basically within my calorie allowance .
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    A lot of people saying 'cheese' and 'dairy'. I'm confused by that. Is that Megan Fox syndrome or something? Cause both of those are healthy options. In proper portions and moderation of course.
  • 7opoundsin16weeks
    7opoundsin16weeks Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    there's no way i can survive without grilled chicken
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    I refuse to cut anything I want. ever.

I have coffee with cream every morning, eat ice cream, cookies, chips...seriously. I just eat in MODERATION and it works for me.

^ This! Don't give up what you like to eat, it just causes you to crave it more and unfortunately many people end up binging later as a result. Even if you never succumb to the binge, you may struggle once you reach your goal weight when you go back to eating "normally" if you got there by cutting out certain foods. It's much better in the long run to just eat what you like.

Agreed. Try reducing your intake have a cheat day ONCE a week. I am not a sweet person at all (I literally hate all the 'yummy' desserts - chocolate mousse, cheesecake, pavlova groooooss) MUCH prefer savory things! (Cheese, dips etc) I had savory things on my cheat day and because I'm über motivated and seeing results I barely cheat anymore and like I said in previous posts I ALWAYS incorporate spinach leaves!

Some suggestions:
    Substitute sugar with honey (I drink soooo much tea)
    Try dark chocolate instead :)
    Ice cream??? Frozen yoghurt :)
  • shred_me_up
    shred_me_up Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    everything :) everything in moderation i think! oh except for transfats and preservatives which i dont even want so its all good.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Rare beef, cheese, chocolate, crystallized ginger, ginger spread. I will not give those up, and I enjoy most of them nearly every day. Beefsteak, not every day, but several times a week. Quality of life, and all that.

....what is ginger spread and where can i get it? ginger is like....top 5 best things ever.

Kodiak Cakes whole wheat/oat/honey pancakes with ginger spread from The Ginger People. Crystallized ginger as a snack, 1 oz. per day. Sliced bananas sauteed in a little Smart Balance butter spread with ginger ( or curry) sprinkled on. Ginger and lime dressing or sauce for grilled chicken breast. Crystallized ginger baking chips in pancake batter, in homemade bread, sprinkled on Carb Master Spiced Pear yogurt and a ripe half pear... Sheer heaven. The Ginger People have a website with wonderful sauces and ginger spreads, some of which are carried by Abe's Market, at AbesMarket.com. That spread of sweet/hot crystallized ginger on top of pancakes, OMG.
  • REDI4CHANGE60
    REDI4CHANGE60 Posts: 170
    Options
    you'd have to pry my coffee from my cold dead hands.

tumblr_m47ru3pRwi1rtrjuvo1_400.gif

This with plenty of Splenda (did eliminate creamer unless it's a special occasion) and full-fat cheese!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Cheese, chocolate (which I have once in a blue moon, lol), ice cream/frozen yogurt. Just got to be smarter about it.
  • shea888
    shea888 Posts: 1
    Options
    argo corn starch
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    having the mindset that you need to cut things out of your diet is silly.

you can eat whatever you want within your calories.

why make yourself feel deprived?