What is your favorite "new found" low -calorie food?

Options
Thee365
Thee365 Posts: 59 Member
With the spring and summer holidays upon us....these are my new "must haves for the upcoming season:
Oscar Meyer "select" chicken breast hot dogs "-80 cals per link
Sweet leaf unsweetened organic black tea w/lime - 0 cal
"Skinny Girl" margarita - 37.5 cals /per 1 0z serving -my favorite:) what's yours?

Replies

• amaysngrace
    amaysngrace Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Plain yogurt with 1 tsp of sugar, 3/8 cups of granola, 2 squirts of Reddi Whip Cream, 1 teaspoon of cocoa baking powder, and 1/4 cup of fruit makes a great low-calorie dessert for me.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    product_smoked.jpg

Only 90 calories for 2 slices, Who knew something so good could be low calorie.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I'm loving Harley's jelly pots at the moment.....10 calories.....lots of yummy flavours : )
  • Sycoholic
    Sycoholic Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Canned chicken breast. Get the 10-12oz cans... drain the water... add hot sauce (or buffalo wing sauce). I mix it all up with a fork so it's shredded and delicious. It's filling, low in fat, high in protein, and delicious.
  • aimforhealthy
    aimforhealthy Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I'm in love with Skinny Cow ice cream bars. They're delicious and they're 100-150 per serving.
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    87 calorie mint chocolate chip ice cream bars if desserts count

And kimchi jigae and sundubu jigae, though I've always loved this... I just wasn't aware that it wasn't so high in calories for a meal.
  • shaneNSW
    shaneNSW Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    cous cous
  • mokoko123
    mokoko123 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Fresh Salsa! I love it on salads in place of dressing - you can use 1/2 cup for 40 calories! I get the stuff at Sams Club, but I recently noticed it does have some added sugar - I found one at my local Publix that is the same calories and no added sugar that I'm going to try (it is more expensive though). If I like it, I'm going to switch. But Yum!!! It's great to cook your chicken in too - throw some chicken breasts in the crockpot and cover with salsa and cook all day - you can then shred it for fillings or salad toppings and even add black beans, corn or 1/2 block lite cream cheese to make it creamy (I can't do the dairy). And the Pace Salsa Verde with Lime juice is amazing cooked that way!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    cous cous

I love couscous. So filling and really not that bad calorie-wise.

Fresh salsa doesn't work for me, I'd just eat it right out of the box in one sitting... I love it lol.

For me it's the 100 calories ice cream bars/cones, frozen yogurt cups, and chocolate bars (those are from Trader Joe's).
  • foreverroses123
    foreverroses123 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I never was very fond of bananas, but now that I freeze them, I eat one almost everyday.. It's really delicious and also a great snack for warm days.
  • exostan
    exostan Posts: 38
    Options
    Progresso light canned soups. A big bowl is around 160cals
  • SurfyFriend
    SurfyFriend Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm going into Autumn / Winter, so I'm loving roast vegetable salads, black coffee, and interested in learning to make soups :D
  • phieaglefan
    phieaglefan Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Funny, I was thinking about posting a thread like this. Ocean Spray cranberry pomegranate water mixer. It is 5 calories, not zero like most, but the taste is amazing and not too sweet.

I ordered some flat out hungry girl fold-it's. they're like tortilla buns. 100 calories but really good.

Fiber one makes a protein bar that tastes just like a candy bar.

Of course I love my EAS Advantage pre-packaged protein shakes. Chocolate Fudge, yum!

Probably the product that's helped me the most is Maple Grove Farms Fat Free Balsamic Vinegarette. It's 15 calories for 2 Tablespoons. Love it!!! But you kinda have to like vinegar.

Thanks for the tip on the chicken hot dogs. I love hot dogs. I will have to try them.
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Funny, I was thinking about posting a thread like this. Ocean Spray cranberry pomegranate water mixer. It is 5 calories, not zero like most, but the taste is amazing and not too sweet.

I ordered some flat out hungry girl fold-it's. they're like tortilla buns. 100 calories but really good.

Fiber one makes a protein bar that tastes just like a candy bar.

Of course I love my EAS Advantage pre-packaged protein shakes. Chocolate Fudge, yum!

Probably the product that's helped me the most is Maple Grove Farms Fat Free Balsamic Vinegarette. It's 15 calories for 2 Tablespoons. Love it!!! But you kinda have to like vinegar.

Thanks for the tip on the chicken hot dogs. I love hot dogs. I will have to try them.

Kiwi with the skin still on it.
    very filling for the caloric content, probably related to the fiber on the skin
  • Lincolnshire
    Options
    kale chips and plain popcorn
  • awoodz13
    awoodz13 Posts: 10
    Options
    I get the Hebrew national 97 fat free hot dogs. They are only 45 calories :). I also love Quakers- you can have 14 for 100 calories and they are pretty big and they're filling.
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Frozen grapes.

"Ice cream" made from frozen blenderised bananas.

Bit crazy about homemade soups lately. I now always make a huge pot of lovely vegetable soup (tomato/basil, carrot/coriander, minestrone, roast pepper/tomato soup, spinach soup, butternut squash etc) on Sunday, divide it into one portion containers and then freeze/refrigerate them to eat at lunch, dinner or for a snack the entire week. Great way to get your veggies in and not heavy on cals.
  • marcvandenberg
    marcvandenberg Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Soup and steak
  • 5a71n
    5a71n Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Cucumber slices with a wedge of Laughing Cow light cheese topped with a craisin is delicious!
  • targosz33
    targosz33 Posts: 2
    Options
    Weight Watchers fromage Frais only 49 calories per pot and extremily creamy and tasty!!