Is there anything you cannot/will not cut out of your diet?

Options

Replies

• MustangUSN
    MustangUSN Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Anything I enjoy eating. If I want it badly enough to make it fit in my cals for the day, or badly enough to be willing to eat a little less for X number of days to compensate, then I will eat it without guilt. Nothing to feel guilty about if I figure a way to make it work anyway. Anything I cut out will just make me crave it more. Better to just fit it in with as little fuss as possible.

Ditto. I eat the same foods, just make the portions fit my target calories and look for better choices in those items. For example, I was raised on "tube steaks." Yep, you heard it here, HOTDOGS! I love 'em and eat them ALL the time. Only, now, instead of the 260 calorie ones my hubby eats with the 120 calorie bun, I eat the Hebrew National 97% fat free 45 calorie ones on the 80 calorie Sara Lee bun. Still get my "dog" fix and it fits into my daily allowance. Even have chilli dogs..... My nutritionist shared that because I am eating the way I will in maintenance, the transition will be much easier at the end. And I have to admit, I don't feel deprived at all. Had Taco Bell tonight! YUM!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    i got nothin'

if i want something i eat it. :smile:

Stop saying things I completely agree with. It's confusing me.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    i got nothin'

if i want something i eat it. :smile:

I am going to give myself another aneurysm by doing this.......but ^^this. :tongue:

:drinker:

reminds me of that song from the 60's!

"C'mon, people now, smile on your brother.
    Everybody get together
    Try and love one another right now!! :)"
  • JenCatwalk
    JenCatwalk Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I tried and tried but can't give up my redbulls.. so **** it its stayin. Lol.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Pasta - it's here to stay! :drinker:
  • mann17
    mann17 Posts: 15
    Options
    Chocolate, peanut butter, and sushiii. I'm addicted to all three 0_o lol
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    everything. the diet i have chosen was chosen because it's all about counting cals. no food MUST be eliminated. if I want something I fit it up my macro's and enjoy it.
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    coffee and chocolate.

I am a HUGE coffee drinker. I am completely and utterly addicted. Can't go without. Ironically, I do not have much of a sweet tooth, but when I have a craving, it's for dark chocolate. Just a little tiny bit will work, but I MUST.HAVE.IT.
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I used to cut a lot out and it just didn't work for me. Now I'm taking the approach of eating what I want in moderation as long as it fits into my calorie goals, which is usually pretty easy for me to do. If I eat more, I try to move more.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Ice cream

diet soda (it's a godsend)

I already gave up pizza, wings, and fries except on occasions :(
  • QueenGyn
    QueenGyn Posts: 106
    Options
    Rice

:drinker:
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I refuse to cut out my favorite foods because most of them aren't junk food. I just need better portion control. Eating moderation is what I need to work on.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I don't cut out anything.
  • Momwidomski
    Momwidomski Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Pre diabetic bloodwork results and my doctors orders to cut back on sugar and white flour started the ball rolling. I started with a 1,200 calorie day which I increased to 1,300 after 6 weeks and still lost weight. I found Truvia was even better than Splenda and I use it in my coffee and I dust my strawberries with it. Switching to whole grain pasta was easy, and whole grains toast or Sara Lee Bread thins for an occasional sandwich was an easy substitute for white flour items.. I eat a lot more greens, a lot less in portion sizes of the meats (mostly chicken). There are so many good tasting low calorie and low fat substitutes out there that make this just a new way of eating... less, but differently than I did three months ago and the weight is coming off. My biggest weakness has always been ice cream, I will never give it up. I did find that Popsicle fudge pops with no added sugar and at 40 calories a pop satisfies the craving and I am not eating several hundred calories by having a bowl of ice cream. The best tool has been the mfp daily food tracking for portion sizes and keeping close to or under my daily goal one day at a time. It keeps me honest.:flowerforyou: BTW after 60 days my bloodwork came back normal.
  • Momwidomski
    Momwidomski Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    To Kanras: Short and sweet, well said. I found after a month that this is how I had to do it as well.
    :blushing:
  • CrazyC
    CrazyC Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Anything I enjoy eating. If I want it badly enough to make it fit in my cals for the day, or badly enough to be willing to eat a little less for X number of days to compensate, then I will eat it without guilt. Nothing to feel guilty about if I figure a way to make it work anyway. Anything I cut out will just make me crave it more. Better to just fit it in with as little fuss as possible.

This
  • lvbor
    lvbor Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Wheat and dairy.
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Wine. I cut ddown a lot but nnot completely . Otherwise it just feels like life is all workwork work and no fun. especially since my husband works away and i have to go without that kind of fun as well!
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Tomatoes ( supposedly they make Fibro worse), Grapefruit (no no when you are taking a staten, but I think that is if you eat like 3 or 4 a day), SALT (supposed to be bad for high blood pressure), diet soda with all the caffeine in it and all the bad artificial sweeteners and the stuff that melts nails, oatmeal (supposedly drives up glucose levels, but mine came down), soy (they say it will give you man boobs, but I already have a set well not man boobs any who), fake meat ( I loved it even before going vegetarian), onions and garlic (I just recently read something negative about them forget what it was and don't rightly care), cayenne pepper, sweet potato chips.
  • Mrsallypants
    Mrsallypants Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Diet soda!!!!!!!!!!!