Easy breakfast that sticks with you?

Options

Replies

• inktotree
    inktotree Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I love Eggo Low-Fat waffles with a dash of sugar free syrup and a Morningstar Farms Sausage Patty crumbled up over it! Delish! :)
  • eroddy84
    eroddy84 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    A bowl of Oatmeal/Porridge (using 2% milk but i usually use water )with a teaspoon of Nutella and a Banana with black sugarfree coffee...The porridge and Banana stick to the ribs :) Only 304 calories and Yummy
  • KylieJordan16
    KylieJordan16 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Multigrain english muffin, 2 slices Canadian bacon, two eggs scrambled.
    My favorite breakfast!
    :)
  • cmcoyle776
    cmcoyle776 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Omelet w/ 1 whole egg + 1 egg white (or 3 whites), mushrooms, tomatoes, spinach, and a sprinkle of feta cheese.

Toasted slice of Ezekiel sesame bread, topped w/ a scrambled egg, shredded cheddar, & tomato or avocado slices.

1 cup of steel cut oats (I cook several servings at once on Sunday night & refrigerate, so they are ready to heat & eat during the week) plus 1/4 cup blueberries & a tsp of maple syrup or honey.

1 Van's Whole Grain toaster waffle with 1/2 cup Greek yogurt & 1/2 cup of berries.

1 cup of raisin bran or shredded wheat + 1/2 cup milk + 1/2 cup berries.

Yum! :)
  • DDDelight
    DDDelight Posts: 1
    Options
    Oats!
    Usually made with water and almond milk, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, and:
    1/4 cup blueberries or
    1 cup strawberries, halved or
    1 half of an apple, peeled
    with either:
    5 walnuts
    5 almonds

If you cook the oats first, then add the blueberries, then reheat, you get a gorgeous purple/pink colour that looks as delicious as it tastes!
    I don't usually use sugar but you could try adding Truvia or a tsp of honey.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    English muffin with 2 eggs. Eggs cooked in pan over easy with just a little cooking spray, and then I top each half of the toasted english muffin with one egg. Add an apple on the side and it's 330 calories, add another 100 for a tablespoon of butter on the english muffin.
  • jess1992uga
    jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    For the past 2 year I have alternated between two b-fast because I love them so much:

Either Kashi Go Lean Original (1 cup) with Activia Light, 1/2 english muffin, 8 almonds, and 3 prunes
    OR 1 cup Grits with cayenned pepper and a dash salt again with the Activia, muffin, almonds, prunes

Recently I tried a new favorite and did:
    Instant Oatmeal Original with cinnamon and cocoa almonds (4 each) mixed in, dash of truvia and cayenne pepper
    Again with activia, muffin, and prunes...creature of habit I guess :)
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Two packets of reduced sugar maple and brown sugar oatmeal, 4 chopped up strawberries and a chopped up banana mixed up in there, two mircowaved jimmy dean turkey sausage patties, a nice coffee, and I'm set for most of the morning.
  • myrealname
    myrealname Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Bump (breakfast ideas)
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Three to four shots of black coffee in combination with whatever I ate for dinner the night beforehand.
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    instant oatmeal date & walnut with peanut butter & co. dark chocolate dreams and honey

or pancakes and eggs with 1 apple.
  • GenF32
    GenF32 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Those all look tasty...but don't they give you too much sugar? I'm having the HARDEST time keeping my sugar down, and I don't even eat a ton...mostly fruits and such.

I'm with you - have to avoid sugar almost completely, so I have the same breakfast every morning - a small tin of baked beans with 40gm of salami mixed through and zapped in the microwave. Yummy and filling.
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oats, with a scoop of whey protein sometimes.

With a small amount of natural sweetener e.g. Honey, dates or half a mashed banana. Powdered ginger or cinnamon is also delicious.

If its a big workout day then I will add flaked almonds or other nuts or fruit as topping.

Best breakfast ever!
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    A greek yogurt before I leave to work and Belvita Start biscuits when I get to work.
    It's great on the calorie, I like it... and it satisfies my needs. Mostly around summer I can't have a big breakfast at home (I don't have a problem with eating it) because it's very hot and a big breakfast in the rush hour, in a heated crowded subway train... well... it will get me nauseous. So I eat an yogurt at home and endure the hunger until I get to work.
  • baroqueviolin
    Options
    I always eat an Atkins Peanut Butter Granola bar. Only 3 net carbs and super easy.... Keeps me full for about 5 hours!
  • phyllisgehrke
    phyllisgehrke Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I switch and I either eat my oatmeal with Berries.
    Or I love my special K cereal with Berries and I put more raw strawberries on it with my Almond Milk
  • Tanana66
    Tanana66 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    200g low fat cottage cheese = 150cal - Mon-Fri. and I'll have an apple at 11am.

weekends
    2 eggs with 6 kalamata olives/or ham/onions/peppers.....
    or
    40g oats, 10 pecan nuts, skimmed milk, 1tbs maple syrup, cinnamon
    or
    vanilla protein shake, 1/2 banana, 1 tbs peanut butter
  • densmore47
    densmore47 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The days that i work i make a protein smoothie. 1 Scoop of protein powder, 1 banana and 1/2c. fat free milk with as much ice as you like. The more ice, the thicker the shake (delicious).
    On the weekends or my one day a week off I usually like to have a veggie, usually asparagus or spinach mixed in one or two eggs, depending on how hungry I am, with some type of venison meat (today was 1oz. of venison loin). My husband and I also make venison breakfast sausage. Venison, eggs and asparagus are all high in protein. Keeps you full for a long time.
  • affacat
    affacat Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I do steel cut oats... I boil them for one minute the night before, then just let them sit on the stove overnight (soaking) and cook for another 7 minutes or so in the morning.
    I then add:
    -a dash of rice milk
    -a bit of cocoa nibs
    -some blueberries
    -15g honey

i also have a egg on toast.

and then a cup of coffee and a shot glass of OJ.

healthy, filling breakfast well within my cal count.
  • mwbulechek
    mwbulechek Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    1 Thomas Light "Triple Health" English muffin, toasted
    .46 Gm Eggs beaters (Microwaved)
    1 Morning Star Spicy Sausage patty.
    Sometimes cheese and sometimes not
    I have also used ham or turkey in place of the Morning star patty

I wrap it up and take it to work, heat it in the microwave for 30 seconds and you have a great breakfast that sticks with you for about 200 calories!