5 things you should never eat/drink? your opinion

Options

Replies

• BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    I've never said "never" to food or drink. I have, however, reduced my intake of sodas and alcohol simply because I'd rather spend my calories on yummy food.
  • Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    my own personal list:

artificial sweeteners
    hydrogenated oils
    high fructose corn syrup
    nitrates/ preserved meats
    pineapples (im allergic!)

i break the nitrate rule once in a while in the name of bacon, but other than that i stick to it. i havent intentionally ingested artificial sweeteners ever. im not talking weight loss, im talking fueling the body with healthy goodness. i get the everything is permissible in moderation thing, and im all for the philosophy, but personally i avoid the above list whenever possible. and i still manage to eat the goodies i want in moderation.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    trans fat

that is all

This rules out grilled meat then...vegans win again...
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    trans fat

that is all

This rules out grilled meat then...vegans win again...

the trans fats in animal products are so minimal they're not worth worrying about, as long as you're not eating all the meats and have a balanced healthful diet. :)
  • Buff2022
    Buff2022 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    For me it is:
    Milk
    Ice Cream
    Cheese
    Sour Cream
    any dairy that is not yogurt

I am allergic
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Road kill (unless it's very fresh), arsenic, shipping peanuts (they don't taste anything like Planter's!), yellow snow, and Brussels sprouts.

Agree, with the exception of Brussels Sprouts!
  • hollygparr
    hollygparr Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Humans
  • mrscarman
    mrscarman Posts: 1
    Options
    Alcohol is a killer I stopped drinking it in 2008 and it made sheding the lbs amd maintaining it soooo much easier!
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I always see the ads where it's like "five things you should never eat" and it has a huge banana on the side...
    So I'm curious what are the five things you feel you should never eat/drink with trying to be healthy/lose weight?

It's funny about bananas. They are featured in almost every "yummy" (taken with a grain of salt) low-cal "treat" in the recipe section.

No smoothies-- I am not a baby, I chew my food.
    No liver.
    No mushrooms (or any fungi).
    No soda.
    No things I hate.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    sea urchin

has nothing to do with weight loss, really. I just didn't enjoy it.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    1. Trans fats
    2. Things you're allergic to
    3. Things that are expired
    4. Things you don't like
    5. Non food items
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    boogers!!! it's disgusting!!!
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    1) Cyanide
    2) Dirt
    3) Live animals
    4) Drywall
    5) Nitroglycerine
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I always see the ads where it's like "five things you should never eat" and it has a huge banana on the side...
    So I'm curious what are the five things you feel you should never eat/drink with trying to be healthy/lose weight?

It's funny about bananas. They are featured in almost every "yummy" (taken with a grain of salt) low-cal "treat" in the recipe section.

No smoothies-- I am not a baby, I chew my food.
    No liver.
    No mushrooms (or any fungi).
    No soda.
    No things I hate.

Did you know that white powdery stuff on the outside of grapes is a fungus? Not sure what that has to do with anything. Just thought I'd share
  • hung3r
    hung3r Posts: 5
    Options
    It all depends on your goals. For instance bananas are VERY healthy, but also high in calories. Which is why it was probably there. My advice is diet sodas, zero calorie sweeteners, red meat, frozen foods/meals (even if they are low calorie!) and probably the last one would be potato chips.
    Diet sodas are a must to avoid though; they can literally rot your brain because of the mixture of zero calorie sweeteners and caffeine. Zero calorie sweeteners make you crave carbs anyways, but this stuff gives you mood swings, and destroys brain cells. Bananas have fiber and potassium which are two main things you want when you're trying to lose weight. If you're worried about the calories walk to the grocery store to get one so it's already burnt off :]
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Cherries. I hate cherries.

Melon, all of them.

Pumpkin, unless baked into a cake, full of sweetened cream cheese, and sprinkled with powdered sugar.

Avocado

...people. cause that's wrong.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Road kill (unless it's very fresh), arsenic, shipping peanuts (they don't taste anything like Planter's!), yellow snow, and Brussels sprouts.

Oh, I like you.
  • missability
    missability Posts: 223
    Options
    Sugar in refined form,
    Anything with HFCS,
    Anything with a GMO ingredient<<especially SOY,
    Anything with Trans-fats, ...
    White and enriched<<<especially flour
    Anything with food dyes
    Canola Oil

Just my 2 cents. You don't have to agree...
    and I do eat these things on occasion, but I stay very aware of it, and keep it modest.
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Urine (yeah, I recently found out some people drink it as a health drink :sick: )
    Boogers
    *kitten*
    Plasma
    Red Snapper :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    It all depends on your goals. For instance bananas are VERY healthy, but also high in calories. Which is why it was probably there. My advice is diet sodas, zero calorie sweeteners, red meat, frozen foods/meals (even if they are low calorie!) and probably the last one would be potato chips.
    Diet sodas are a must to avoid though; they can literally rot your brain because of the mixture of zero calorie sweeteners and caffeine. Zero calorie sweeteners make you crave carbs anyways, but this stuff gives you mood swings, and destroys brain cells. Bananas have fiber and potassium which are two main things you want when you're trying to lose weight. If you're worried about the calories walk to the grocery store to get one so it's already burnt off :]

Rot your brain? Orly!