Replies

• NuWaveFitness
    NuWaveFitness Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    welcome to the club
  • LissaK1981
    LissaK1981 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I eat.....That's why I am here. I eat between 1500-2000. I kind of fluctuate my calories. I am trying to eat as many whole foods as possible. I will start supplementing with a little juicing soon, but I also enjoy my little indulgences. I lose weight just fine when I am actually working at it and not being lazy.
  • OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    go ahead and add me if you like. I am doing IPOARM and F2F method as well. I am eating at a 20% off my TDEE and eat roughly 1300-1839 a day. Normally more around 1200-1400 I am struggling with stomach issues so eating what I can handle.
  • allie491
    allie491 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I"m set at 1830 + exercise cals.
  • DoxieLove10612
    DoxieLove10612 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm a recent 1200 calorie refugee. All my mfp friends seem to either eat or net between 500-900 calories so yes any of y'all that eat (ESP with open diaries) please add me. I'm tryin to come up with healthy food ideas after having my RMR tested!
  • megs2003
    megs2003 Posts: 90
    Options
    I'm aiming for 1800 calories a day and am always looking for other girls who eat. I'm not always consistent, but am really working towards finding a good balance. Any other girls who eat can add me.

Edit to add: I'm trying to work toward IIFIYM and I keep an open diary so you can see the good, the bad and the ugly.
  • juliep1974
    juliep1974 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I eat. Currently, I'm cycling to net an average of 1600 net a day (so usually that means I eat between 1900-2300/day). I have an open diary and for the most part I eat clean. Feel free to add me. I don't always log weekends because I'm not that set on weight loss right now. I do tris and during the season, my prime focus isn't losing weight. Off season, I lift heavy.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I just want girls, period..
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for girls that eat as well,

If they took a breath or two now and again, that'd be nice too.

The man who wants it all.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    i eayt about 1800 calories aday
    and have lost 21 pound s in 4 months
  • JessicaZen
    JessicaZen Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    have been on this journey for a minute right now I am at low calories but am feeling fine I don't deprive myself of anything and the weekends I take off and relax so if I am over OIam over. you need to do what is good for you but if you would like you can add me. we are all in this looking for the same result a healthy lifestyle good luck to you Peace.
  • GeekAmour
    GeekAmour Posts: 262
    Options
    I eat anywhere from 1800 to 2200 & it's awesome haha. As someone who always equated starving with weightloss, eating like a normal human being & still losing weight is blowing my mind.

Anyone similar feel free to add me - just this morning I was lamenting the lack of fellow "eaters" on my FL. ;)
  • kts3639
    kts3639 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    *raises hand* Me!!!! I've never been on a vlcd, so I can't say how it is switching. I started out straight away eating at least 1800 calories since I started this journey while breastfeeding (still am). I then went into TDEE -20%, and eat anywhere from 2100-2300 calories/day. I go by the way of thinking, IIFYM. I eat anything from tuna to pop tarts, fruits and veggies to pizza. I am an equally opportunity eater :happy: You would have to kill me before you could get me to go on a vlcd!!!

I think I have had great success with it. I started at the beginning of February, and have been steadily losing since. I am down 28 lbs. and counting. I also did cardio for less than an hour a day, but have now cut back on that since I began weight training yesterday (also doesn't help that doc said no running due to an ankle injury).

Feel free to add me if you would like!!!
  • MrsSassyPants
    MrsSassyPants Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I eat 1900 a day. TDEE minus 20%. I've lost 9 inches in 6 weeks. Add me if you want to. No weight loss yet but I'd take the smaller size any day over weight loss.
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for girls that eat as well,

If they took a breath or two now and again, that'd be nice too.

LOL haha
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    I am looking to add some girls that eat. Most on my list don't. I just started the fat2fit method a week ago. It says to eat 2161 cals a day, but I was eating a vlcd.before so I am working up to it and need ideas to add in more calories that are healthy. I did manage at least 1900 each day this week :) I feel better than before. Not tired or sluggish than when I was eating 1300-1500.

Also would like to hear some success stories of people that went from a vlcd to eating more and how its affected your weightloss.

They don't eat? I certainly eat I am just strict with what I eat but ALWAYS have minimum 3-4 meals a day! They are just full of protein and nutrition. I don't actually like junk food or much sweet stuff so my weakness is savoury things which I keep for my cheat days! I also used to drink A LOT and curbed that. Alcohol causes a lot more damage on the body than you think!
    My diet usually consists of oats, eggs, advocado, rye and wholemeal bread, SPINACH leaves, light serves of pasta (to have with spinach leaves, veggies GREENS, fish, chicken, STEAK (I get the little packets, not sure if you have them where you are and REMOVE THE fat), salmon, and any variation that constitutes a salad. Cheat days- vegetable pizza and my ABSOLUTE must Cheese and Dip platter :)
    I do 4-5 gym sessions a week (only about 30 mins cardio and the rest weights- free, dumb bells, core, abs, triceps, glutes. squats, LUNGES!!! and for an added boost I will do a sunday session- run and some weights for about 30 mins at home (I want abs!)

Things I changed:
    *my diet- it was mostly good but less fruit and more meat (I only used to eat chicken, only source of meat)
    * consistency- I made a promise to myself to commit to both gym and diet
    * hired a trainer- he is an absolute god send and used to train athletes so as I wasn't in that calibre I needed to prove him that I was dedicated! Plus he is great to look at ;) I have only been seeing him for about 2 months!! that's it
    * I substituted Friday drinking sessions for Friday night workouts and have done so for about 6 weeks :)

The results?
    *Lost 6 kilos in about 6 weeks and have strengthened and toned my entire body
    *I love the pain you get when you are on the leg press- it really f** pushes you!

Good luck and here to help or advise if you need any assistance.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I eat! I've never been on a low calorie diet, though.
  • cathleen73
    cathleen73 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    actually, if you're really overweight, you need to eat more in general. think of it this way. if you weigh 150 pounds and walk a mile versus being 150 pounds and carrying an extra 100 pounds with you, which will burn more calories? You need more calories just to sustain your weight, so you don't have to cut a lot to start losing.
  • BackToFree
    BackToFree Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm a 2000 calorie girl :) I like food, and I've never dropped below 1700 cals. I eat a bit more when I work out if I'm hungry.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Girls who eat?

Well I am a chick and I do love food (all food. Except melon. Ugh) I eat close to 1700 and I'm gonna be upping to around 1900 on weight days. I keep an open diary for friends and it's a sordid mix of healthy foods and Pillsbury ready to bake cookies/dairy queen. Also I enjoy long walks on the beach and new friends!

I actually hate the beach.