30 day shred, starting Monday, 13th May

Options

Replies

• bpalferys
    bpalferys Posts: 45
    Options
    Just started today as well! Feel free to friend me (: I'd like some fellow shredders.

Didn't find the first go too difficult, it was hard and worked my muscles but I didn't push myself because I've got two hours of Taekwondo later as well. Hoping to do all 30 days although my last day will take place on holiday! Taken a 'Before' picture and really hoping it'll be world away from my 'After' picture that I take in a month's time...

SW: 133lbs
    Heights: 5"3

Also doing the 5:2 diet which I've already lost about 5lbs on in a month (: Slow and steady wins the race but I've got to be in a bikini in a month, so hopefully 30DS will help out with that.
  • megamac33
    megamac33 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    just started it today, man im outta shape, im sure i will get better with time, how many calories you think you burn in the 20 min workout?
  • Need2lose456
    Need2lose456 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    just started it today, man im outta shape, im sure i will get better with time, how many calories you think you burn in the 20 min workout?

I burnt 268 in my 1st session! will monitor from there
  • megamac33
    megamac33 Posts: 34 Member
    Options

thanks, i will use 250 as a base then
  • cals83
    cals83 Posts: 131
    Options
    What size weights are people using? I bought some 3Kg ones - they are a wee bit heavy but 1 & 2 k felt too easy...

The first time I tried the workout, it was with 5 pound weights and they were too heavy for me to do anything with my shoulders. In level 1, where you do the squats with shoulder press, and the side lunge where you bring your arms up to your eye level...I couldn't do those at all so ended up going out and getting some 3 pound weights for those portions. The 3 pound weights are still too heavy for those shoulder exercises so now I am using 1 pound to do it and I can make it through but the muscles are definitely tired by the time I'm done.

I am using 5 pound weights for the chest flys, bicep curls, and dumbell rows although by my third session those ones are getting kind of easy so I don't know if I will continue using the 5 pound weights and let everything else catch up or if I will up those exercises to 10 pound weights.

I am doing 30 ds 2-3 times a week with spin classes in between.
  • lilalief
    lilalief Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I will start tomorrow! :)

I know I said that I will start tomorrow, but I finished my studying early, so I just finished day 1 of 30 day shred!
    It's so nice to have a group of people doing it together. Makes me want to stick to the plan. What's more is that I NEED to stick to the plan, because I hate starting over AGAIN.
  • lilalief
    lilalief Posts: 76 Member
    Options

How do you know? I tried to enter the mini exercise of which the 30DS consists and I didn't get more than 100 kcal, haha.. :p
    Thanks!
  • momo9128706
    momo9128706 Posts: 45
    Options
    I've done it twice. Lost 10 lbs the first time, and 7 the second. Just make sure you stretch a ton before/after! I have a FB page to and there are girls on there also doing the 30DS.. www.facebook.com/proudtobeafitmom =]
  • vstraughan
    vstraughan Posts: 163 Member
    Options

thanks, i will use 250 as a base then

^^ that's what I log.
  • cdcooper321
    cdcooper321 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I began on May 4th! Finished my 5th workout Saturday! Let me tell you, your endurance will sky rockett. It is difficult in the beginning! Feel free to add me, I'm on this journey too!! :-D
  • innocenceportrayed
    innocenceportrayed Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I planned on starting today too.

Taking my measurements in about an hour and gettin' to it!

I don't have the DVD so I find it on youtube (it's there) and I use 5 lb weights but I know people who did it (level 1) all the way through without weights the first time and then used weights the second.

People don't seem to realize that you don't have to move to level 2 after level 1 you can continue level 1 until you master it.
  • cazzamartinek
    cazzamartinek Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Im going to start this tommoro which will be tuesday :smile: I have just had my 3rd child and we are going on holiday in 8 weeks i cant fit into any of my holiday clothes so this would be a great challenge for me looking forward to starting it with you all :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • Lady_Taylor
    Lady_Taylor Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm starting the 30 day shred tonight when I get back from work.
  • ValMartin79
    ValMartin79 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I started 30Ds today. Glad the workouts are short, it is a great way to start the day and I only have to get up 30 minutes earlier. That rocks since I am NOT a morning person.
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    In! I had a few false starts last week but am going to do it for real today. I have the weights, yoga mat, DVD and room set up to do it to it.
  • Kphenderson
    Kphenderson Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today, add me ya'll!
  • elm7f
    elm7f Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new to MFP community, actually this is my first time on any Internet forum so I'm not real sure how it all works. I started 30 day shred last week. I've got 3 days left of level 1 and I'm excited I've lost 3 lbs! I'd love to join your group. I thought my two older sisters were going to shred with me but they have already bailed :( Happy Shredding to you all!
  • Need2lose456
    Options

How do you know? I tried to enter the mini exercise of which the 30DS consists and I didn't get more than 100 kcal, haha.. :p
    Thanks!

Polar Heart Rate Monitor :)
  • CJH2201
    CJH2201 Posts: 24
    Options
    I'm in! Are you going to create a group? Starting weight 244lbs - measurements will be taken later. I've tried the 30ds a few times and haven't stuck to it, so here's to 30 days along with everybody else!
  • Need2lose456
    Options
    Ok so a few ppl have asked about a group, here it is... http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/14179-30ds-13-may-2013-share-compare

Please join the Group!