Replies

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    In for the ice cream!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    It's been bothering me for a while, but ... almost always, when there's a thread about women and lifting, it's never about how strong they've got. It's about how slim and therefore attractive they are. Just an observation.

Congratulations to all the women in the pictures for what you've achieved. Lifting is hard work.

Agree somewhat.

Also there are some misconceptions on the net about lifting. You can lift for a lean body, size or strength, and the techniques will differ. What i see a lot on the internet is women going for the heavy lift without paying much attention to their ultimate goal. If your goal is aesthetics then you need a slightly different lifting regimen.

Yes and no - they can go hand in hand - just focused slightly differently.

Ummm......no! not everybody is an expert just because they saw some poster of a woman lifting 200 lbs and attempted the same.

Some of the girls in this thread ARE the women in said posters...

Also, my female friends at least lift a LOT more than 200 lbs. I wasn't kidding when I mentioned that they lift more than me...
  • AnnaMolly17
    AnnaMolly17 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Love this thread! These ladies keep me motivated !!
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    It's been bothering me for a while, but ... almost always, when there's a thread about women and lifting, it's never about how strong they've got. It's about how slim and therefore attractive they are. Just an observation.

Congratulations to all the women in the pictures for what you've achieved. Lifting is hard work.

Agree somewhat.

Also there are some misconceptions on the net about lifting. You can lift for a lean body, size or strength, and the techniques will differ. What i see a lot on the internet is women going for the heavy lift without paying much attention to their ultimate goal. If your goal is aesthetics then you need a slightly different lifting regimen.

Ummm......no! not everybody is an expert just because they saw some poster of a woman lifting 200 lbs and attempted the same.

Also, my female friends at least lift a LOT more than 200 lbs. I wasn't kidding when I mentioned that they lift more than me...

The 200lbs was an example, could have picked any number. One thing i have observed is a lot of confusion about lifting for women on this website and I see that firsthand with some of my FL where they are just attempting to go heavy regardless of fitness goal. And it probably gives them a sense of being tough and rugged and badass, but it doesnt help them meet their fitness goals.

So yeah sure if you want size and strength, go heavy, but if like most of the guys and gals, you just want to look good on the beach, you can definitely train a lot smarter.
  • taunto
    Options

The 200lbs was an example, could have picked any number. One thing i have observed is a lot of confusion about lifting for women on this website and I see that firsthand with some of my FL where they are just attempting to go heavy regardless of fitness goal. And it probably gives them a sense of being tough and rugged and badass, but it doesnt help them meet their fitness goals.

So yeah sure if you want size and strength, go heavy, but if like most of the guys and gals, you just want to look good on the beach, you can definitely train a lot smarter.

So you're telling me, that just because somebody wants to lift weights because they'll look good lifting weights, is not a good enough reason? THey need to have a fitness goal to be strong too? OMG! Its like talking to my parents.
    Dad: "You have no goals!"
    me: "I have a goal..."
    Dad: "well... that goal isn't good enough. Find another goal!"
  • Momowink
    Momowink Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Agree somewhat.

So, you have no idea as to my experience and knowledge but you decided to attack me by making a ridiculous insinuation as I did not completely agree with you? Nice!
  • taunto
    Options

Agree somewhat.

So, you have no idea as to my experience and knowledge but you decided to attack me by making a ridiculous insinuation as I did not completely agree with you? Nice!

See what happens when you get out of the kitchen! GAWD!
  • taunto
    Options

Haha....typical reaction on your part. Disagree with the badassness of your highness on your mega thousand pound daily routine and, Oh no you insulted me, you insulted all womenzhood, how dare you, you misogynist, sexist pig of an excuse of a man!!!!!!

I'm surprised you read all that into her reply but not the fact that you're posing as if you're self-pleasuring yourself in your profile pic...

Be thorough please. Thats one of the goals!
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Ok ok, I need a snickers bar......

:heart: :flowerforyou:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Agree somewhat.

Haha....typical reaction on your part. Disagree with the badassness of your highness on your mega thousand pound daily routine and, Oh no you insulted me, you insulted all womenzhood, how dare you, you misogynist, sexist pig of an excuse of a man!!!!!!

Stop being ridiculous

[You may want to seek some professional help about your obvious issues - it is pretty apparent that you have them as not once did I mention anything to do with gender or misogynism - projecting much?]
  • taunto
    Options

Agree somewhat.

Stop being ridiculous
    Ok ok, I need a snickers bar......

:heart: :flowerforyou:
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options

Do you use these smarter training techniques you're referring to?
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    I hope someday I can look as manly as these women. :wink:

Hi taunto!! :drinker:
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options

Agree somewhat.

its been working pretty well for me...i add a few accessory lifts, most of us do...i really dont understand what you are trying to accomplish here...there are a variety of programs the women in the OP use. From New Rules, to Stronglifts/ Starting Strnegth, to Wendler's 5/3/1
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

Agree somewhat.

Oh. Guess heavy lifting means I won't look good on the beach.... Damn. I should just give up now.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Agree somewhat.

its been working pretty well for me...i add a few accessory lifts, most of us do...i really dont understand what you are trying to accomplish here...there are a variety of programs the women in the OP use. From New Rules, to Stronglifts/ Starting Strnegth, to Wendler's 5/3/1

Well, if you are not training for strength (myofibril) and are not training for size (sarcoplasmic), it seems as though he may be telling us little women that to train smarter is to do cardio? But what do I know!

ETA: apparently he thinks that to look good at the beach you should only be doing high reps and low weights.....orly! And *I* am the one who apparently does not know what they are talking about. I wonder if the guy even lifts!
  • sundaywishes
    sundaywishes Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    428702_546269938745229_956126559_n.jpg

BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Awesome thread is awesome.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

So what you are saying is that lifting heavy doesn't make you look good on the beach? Or that there are easier ways to look good on the beech? Or that if you want to be a bad-*kitten* AND look good on the beach you should lift heavy but if you just want to look good on the beach you should do something else?

I don't understand your point.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    There is not enough praise for these women in their success that I could give. They define determination. They defined their WANT.

What's yours?