AWESOME!
  • Lady_Senie
    Lady_Senie Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Bump so I can read this one later! Awesome Monday humor! ^_^
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I got so bulky, I've lost inches everywhere.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    So yeah sure if you want size and strength, go heavy, but if like most of the guys and gals, you just want to look good on the beach, you can definitely train a lot smarter.

Do you use these smarter training techniques you're referring to?

Yeah, I'm curious, NormInv. You seem to have strong opinions on goals as far as strength vs aesthetics goes for these women highlighted in this topic. What are your particular goals?
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    Lifting has totally bulked me up. It's like I lost all this fat and then these HUGE muscle things just started showing....totally wrecked myself.
  • monipie
    monipie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    nice. great job ladies.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Lovely ladies :D I want to lift more and more every day :( some day I will have the means too!!
  • nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    for inspiration
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    I am of the school of thought that you get size and strength doing heavy weights with low reps, and if you want cuts and definition, you want to do more reps and lower weights. The latter would also keep your heart rate up and help lose the fat. However, someone on my FL pointed out to me that my school of thought could be outdated. So currently, I am doing more research. You can find a lot of good info on the net (bodybuildingforum.com).

However, it must be noted, that it was not my intention to attack anyone despite the appearances. So I extend an apology. Should have been more tactful.

My own goal is to stay healthy and fit and look good. Yes, I am vain, I want to look good. So I lift heavy for the glamour muscles but also do a lot of lighter weight, more reps routines, along with cardio. So yeah, my goal is not to be able to lift the back of a truck, more like going to the beach and winning!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I am of the school of thought that you get size and strength doing heavy weights with low reps, and if you want cuts and definition, you want to do more reps and lower weights. The latter would also keep your heart rate up and help lose the fat. However, someone on my FL pointed out to me that my school of thought could be outdated. So currently, I am doing more research. You can find a lot of good info on the net (bodybuildingforum.com).

However, it must be noted, that it was not my intention to attack anyone despite the appearances. So I extend an apology. Should have been more tactful.

My own goal is to stay healthy and fit and look good. Yes, I am vain, I want to look good. So I lift heavy for the glamour muscles but also do a lot of lighter weight, more reps routines, along with cardio. So yeah, my goal is not to be able to lift the back of a truck, more like going to the beach and winning!

I could point you in the right direction and mention where and how you are wrong...but apparently I do not know anything.

ETA: you seemed to know how to quote so I am wondering why you are not quoting your insults to me in your 'apology'.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I'm confused. Sara DL's close to 300 lbs, and she rocks the hell out of bikini with no cardio. I think she's doing something right, no?
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

Somebody once told me that while drunk and while angry people show their true self. In your frustration and anger, you showed how you didn't "intended to attack anyone despite appearances".

Its nice to ask for an apology though. Maybe ask the person that you insulted, directly? Considering that she's the reason so many of the girls (and many guys, including me) are on a very healthy track for fitness?
  • parvati
    parvati Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    To respond to this, I'm actually heavier and thicker than I was prior to heavy lifting. I can no longer wear skinny jeans, I'm often referred to as Quadzilla (yes, fit girl problems!!)
    However, I am strong as hell! And although I can't out lift all of the guys as the gym (yet) I can provide a few examples of my strength gains! I no longer lift the 10-15lb dumbells, instead I can OH press 100lbs. I had never squatted with weight on my shoulders, maybe the 10lb dumbells in my hands & now I can easily busy out reps while holding up a 165lb barbell.
    I'm a little disappointed that I can't deadlift twice my body weight yet, I'm still stuck at 260lbs, but I assure you that 280 mark is gonna happen soon! ;)

For me Lifting heavy has everything to do with how strong I am and absolutely nothing to do with how I look.
    But I think you missed where Taunto was going with this... So many women are scared to lift heavy and look masculine, his point here is that none of us beautiful fit ladies look "manly" and we a lift heavy!!

It's been bothering me for a while, but ... almost always, when there's a thread about women and lifting, it's never about how strong they've got. It's about how slim and therefore attractive they are. Just an observation.

Congratulations to all the women in the pictures for what you've achieved. Lifting is hard work.
  • parvati
    parvati Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    You're lucky I love you Taunto!! ;)

Always have to put a jab in at Canada....

All these ladies are uber sexy!

Stop being an easy target :D
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

Considering that she's the reason so many of the girls (and many guys, including me) are on a very healthy track for fitness?

Truth. :heart:
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

Start here:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/training/weight-training-for-fat-loss-part-1.html

Same rules apply for men and women.
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    To respond to this, I'm actually heavier and thicker than I was prior to heavy lifting. I can no longer wear skinny jeans, I'm often referred to as Quadzilla (yes, fit girl problems!!)
    However, I am strong as hell! And although I can't out lift all of the guys as the gym (yet) I can provide a few examples of my strength gains! I no longer lift the 10-15lb dumbells, instead I can OH press 100lbs. I had never squatted with weight on my shoulders, maybe the 10lb dumbells in my hands & now I can easily busy out reps while holding up a 165lb barbell.
    I'm a little disappointed that I can't deadlift twice my body weight yet, I'm still stuck at 260lbs, but I assure you that 280 mark is gonna happen soon! ;)

For me Lifting heavy has everything to do with how strong I am and absolutely nothing to do with how I look.
    But I think you missed where Taunto was going with this... So many women are scared to lift heavy and look masculine, his point here is that none of us beautiful fit ladies look "manly" and we a lift heavy!!

It's been bothering me for a while, but ... almost always, when there's a thread about women and lifting, it's never about how strong they've got. It's about how slim and therefore attractive they are. Just an observation.

Congratulations to all the women in the pictures for what you've achieved. Lifting is hard work.

100 lb OHP?!?! :love::drinker: I so can't wait to lift like all the strong women here!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options

Google "mr. Olympia reps per set" and tell me what you learn. You couldn't be more wrong.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options

Google "mr. Olympia reps per set" and tell me what you learn. You couldn't be more wrong.

Oh and I just wanted to add--any credibility you might have had went out the window when you conflated hypertrophy and strength training .