What is your favorite "new found" low -calorie food?

Options

Replies

• 55in13
    55in13 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    smaller portions of all the stuff i already like :)

Or less frequent indulgences and weeding out the ones that really weren't that special but I wasn't turning down before. Why eat ice cream if it isn't Butter Pecan or Chocolate Moose Tracks (my 2 favorites)?

For a quick healthy snack I like a small handful of raisins and almonds. You have to be careful with the portions on that though.

Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereals are a good popcorn alternative that can double as a meal.
  • addean1
    addean1 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Sugar snap peas- have become a staple around here when I need some crunch
    Quaker "popped" rice cake minis- all different favors
    Dryers outshine fruit bars- small size- no sugar added, and only have 30 calories!
    Light string cheese
  • Sqauterina11
    Sqauterina11 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    ChocChipC_350_bar.png
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    none. i want all the calories. instead of focusing on low cal, focus on protein.
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Special K breakfast sandwiches (esp. the sausage ones) :love:
  • aprilkats
    aprilkats Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Special K breakfast sandwiches (esp. the sausage ones) :love:

Totally agree. So yummy!

I also like Nonni's THINaddictives pistachio almond cookies. Generous amount for 100 calories.
  • LizardQueen4PointOh
    LizardQueen4PointOh Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    With the spring and summer holidays upon us....these are my new "must haves for the upcoming season:
    Oscar Meyer "select" chicken breast hot dogs "-80 cals per link
    Sweet leaf unsweetened organic black tea w/lime - 0 cal
    "Skinny Girl" margarita - 37.5 cals /per 1 0z serving -my favorite:) what's yours?

I have to find that Sweet Leaf unsweetend black tea with lime! I love the mint and honey one.

I've been on a strawberry kick. I just ate 3/4 a container and only maybe 72 calories (weighed for accuracy).
  • katelynal
    katelynal Posts: 114
    Options
    Blue Bell Banana Fudge Bar - 100 calories, yum :)
  • terriejones
    terriejones Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jello w/whipped topping, cucumber slices w/seasoned rice vinegar and sugar free Fudgesicles.
  • rdcphone572
    rdcphone572 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Arctic Zero...OMG! It is 150 calories for the entire pint of frozen nom nom ness! Try vanilla maple. Throw on a teaspoon of almond slivers and a squirt of whipped cream...be ready to be happy happy!

(Arctic zero is frozen whey protein. You probably could make at home but for some reason I can't get it creamy like the store brand)
  • terri_journey
    terri_journey Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Vanilla low fat greek yogurt with crushed pineapple. Yum!!! Or FF Cottage Cheese with crushed pineapple!!
  • Lineape
    Lineape Posts: 9
    Options
    Strawberries. I just had 560g (about a pound and a quarter) and it was only 179 calories (and 11g fiber)
  • bventura35
    bventura35 Posts: 1
    Options
    Kim's Magic Pop. Not like any rice cake I remember! They help quench the carb craving!
  • Howe2girl
    Howe2girl Posts: 2
    Options
    take ground chicken breast mix in taco seasoning (homemade with no sugar), then make a romaine lettuce leaf taco! Low carb, very spicey and yummy!
  • tnicmorris
    tnicmorris Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Chocolate cake with white frosting--147 per sqaure piece.
  • babyseal_24
    babyseal_24 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Stove-popped ladyfinger popcorn; you can add whatever seasonings you want and the kernels are smaller so you feel like you're eating more.
    or
    An apple with yogurt for a dip
  • Timeforthesemuscles
    Options
    Water
  • tra428
    tra428 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Cucumber slices with a wedge of Laughing Cow light cheese topped with a craisin is delicious!

goooooood idea!! I am addicted to the following...

- laughing cow light cheese, as aforementioned
    - triscuit thin crisps topped with a light cream cheese, seafood sauce and imitation crab
    - pita bites (they're from costco...sensible portions is the brand i think)
    - open nature frozen greek yogurt in honey flavor or vanilla topped with berries or half a banana for a high protein and incredibly indulgent feeling dessert
    - a big old bowl of cucumber slices with coarse salt and vinegar
    - roasted chickpeas w coarse salt & garam masala

Meal wise, about 75% of the new recipes I've tried have been from skinnytaste. OMNOMazing!

Ps. I realize this isn't low cal so much as no cal but I've discovered that diet pop makes me want all the world's junkfood so instead I started drinking grapefruit Perrier, which got expensive so I switched to club soda and bought a ton of citrus and it's a really refreshing drink!
  • yonky50
    yonky50 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Bump