what do u put in ur oats?

Options

Replies

• falilvx
    falilvx Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I eat oats a few morning a week, I usually alternate between the list below:

nkd infused raisins
    fresh berries
    apple
    bannana
    chopped nuts

I'm lucky because I actually love porridge and enjoy it plain aswell. additionally I've found that adding the fruit before I cook the oats means you end up witha fruity sauce swirled through your porridge, apple works great like this!

i love porridge too!!but oats is seriously different from any porridge i've ever taste . i'll try to add the apple first then,thanks :)
  • Alexandra289
    Alexandra289 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Recently I've started to put in cocoa powder, a little bit of natural sweetener/honey, a banana and raisins. So good.
  • Lorix94
    Lorix94 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Before I go to bed I always put water in it.
    In the morning I put fruit and a lot of cinnamon. sometimes yogurt
  • cybersheel
    cybersheel Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Add frozen summer berries.
  • beyondjupiter
    beyondjupiter Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I am obsessed with my oats!

I use the old fashioned rolled oats. I cook them in milk (going to try them in Almond Milk now since I cut out dairy) on the stove (NEVER microwave!! Just NOT as good). Once they are done cooking I add just a touch of brown sugar , a smidgen of honey, dried berries, maybe golden raisins too (This is so good because the dried fruit plumps up in the hot oatmeal), and depending on my mood I'll add some cinnamon and nutmeg (never ground!! I buy whole nutmeg and used a grater).

YUM!!!
  • frugalafterfifty
    frugalafterfifty Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I like to cook up a big batch of steel cut oats and keep it in the fridge that I can take some to work everyday. I'll either add some sort of cooked fruit like apples, apricots, etc., with some chia seeds and unsweetened almond milk. A great filler.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I put a half cup of quick oats in a ziplock bag and sprinkle cinnamon and splenda in it. When I get to work, I dump the bag into a coffee mug and add boiling water, stir it up and let it sit for minute, then add 1tbsp of coffee cream. I love it.

Sometimes I'll add raisins, craisins, or slivered almonds.
  • xprplstardust
    xprplstardust Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    a scoop of peanut butter, milk, cinnamon, & a cut up banana & sometimes strawberries if i have them.
  • spangler1972
    spangler1972 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I usually have steel cut oats. When they haven't been rolled flat, they have a texture that I like, and a bit of a nutty flavor on their own. I typically just microwave them in water, and eat them like that. However, some breakfast stir ins (not at the same time) are: bananas, cranberries, a splash of milk, a drizzle of honey, that sort of thing. Usually just enough to accent the oatmeal, instead of overwhelm it.

Occasionally, I'll put in some soy sauce and chopped green onions, and have it for lunch. If it's still in grain form (not rolled oats), you can do some things like that.
  • cherrybomb_77
    cherrybomb_77 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I use steel cut oats. I soak them over night in water with a little bit of kefir, and eat them with butter, salt, and real maple syrup.
  • Annerk1
    Annerk1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup fast cook (not instant) oats and one cup water. put in microwave for one minute. Remove, stir in 1/3 cup frozen (unthawed) blueberries. Microwave for another minute. It's one of my favorite breakfasts. I have that with a hard boiled egg.
  • atticfanatic
    atticfanatic Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup dry Old Fashioned Rolled Oats, water to cover oats, 1/2 c. unsweetened applesauce & 1/2 cup frozen blueberries. Microwave for 3 minutes. YUM! Healthy and no sugar needed.
  • mightyminerva
    mightyminerva Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal/porridge made with soya milk and cinnamon, and then after it's cooked I add blueberries, banana and a bit of peanut butter, or some baked apples (done in the microwave with a little bit of sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves). YUM! I sometimes add a few mini chocolate chips to my banana and peanut butter breakfast, too!
  • mommabenefield
    mommabenefield Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    I eat Better Oats oatmeal varieties, it has flax seed in it and i had 1/2 to a full serving of almonds very filling for me and the pouch is your measuring cup so you always get the perfect amount of water milk whatever you use
  • skyekeeper
    skyekeeper Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    It's also yummy with nutella!
  • aigoooooo
    aigoooooo Posts: 31
    Options
    In terms of taste + health an ex of mine taught me peanut butter and banana slices. Its amazing, but you have to be careful with the amount of peanut butter because its calorie dense. Usually i just put a lot if flaxseed and suck it up :/ lol
  • Crystalchaos72
    Options
    Peanut butter and jelly or oikos greek yogurt with strawberries.....yum!
  • quianab76
    quianab76 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I absolutely detested oatmeal..until today actually :) Try these refrigerator oats (or summer porridge) from the Yummy Life website. So far the mango is my favorite:

http://www.theyummylife.com/Refrigerator_Oatmeal
  • readysetgo33
    readysetgo33 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I eat oats almost everyday - love them!!

1) my fav - 1/2 rolled oats or 1/4 cup steel cut oats (I cook mine in minimal water because i like the oatmeal thick, not soupy!)
    1 tsp. coconut oil
    2 tbsp. PB2 -- (if you love peanut butter, this is is such a fantastic product!!! minus the fats and oils just the protein
    and peanuty goodness)
    1/2 scoop of chocolate whey protein

2) simple sweet and salty - a dash of sea salt and some drops of stevia
    3) grandma's oatmeal - a tbsp. of orange blossom water, and some drops of stevia
    4) cinnamon all day everday! maybe with some nutmeg or pumpkin spice
    5) chocolate chip banana oatmeal - a tbsp. of semi sweet chocolate chips + banana
    6) nuts and dried fruit
    7) try baking your oatmeal!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    A tablespoon of Peanut Butter and Co Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter. You don't know heaven until you try it.