The ultimate ab thread

Options
usmcmp
usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
I hear people say that they've had kids and could never have abs, but that's just not true. I have two kids and reached a whopping 265 pounds while pregnant. I've seen some amazing abs on this site from men and women. Some of the women have had kids and some of the men were morbidly obese. Let's see some abs and hear how far you've come.

a3a1401a-4978-4956-9add-6b4a0018dc26_zpsd044a55c.jpg
208779_4836519146024_2106642244_n_zps40881781.jpg

Replies

• taytaylynn3
    taytaylynn3 Posts: 601
    Options
    You look FANTASTIC!!!
  • usmcmp
    Options
    Also, if anyone asks I do TDEE-20%. High protein (because it makes me happy).

Workouts are heavy compounds and one ab exercise (hanging leg raise or ab wheel) one day a week.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Pics in profile. :) You look great, OP. :drinker:
  • usmcmp
    Options

Your abs look great! It's nice to see others with abs and stretch marks (mine just didn't show up in the lighting).
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I have a 5 and 7 year old.

I was told to report to this thread. :laugh:

20130419_073044-1_zps72107aae.jpg
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    In for the hotness....
  • usmcmp
    Options
    I have a 5 and 7 year old.

I was told to report to this thread. :laugh:

20130419_073044-1_zps72107aae.jpg

Glad you did! You look great! Mine are 4 and 5.
  • AMHouse85
    AMHouse85 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    You all look fABulous!
  • Beezil
    Options

Your abs look great! It's nice to see others with abs and stretch marks (mine just didn't show up in the lighting).

Thanks :) I always get those funny lines from sitting in between them, makes me laugh. I used to hate my stretchmarks, but they don't much phase me now. Not going to cover up all my hard work over something like stretchmarks from having a beautiful baby boy. :)
  • swimmer_chick
    swimmer_chick Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Woah you look awesome!! Bump :)
  • usmcmp
    Options
    You all look fABulous!

I posted what I did above. TDEE-20% and heavy compound lifting (puts the volume in the abs).
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    I have a 1&3 year old and my goal is to get what y'all have!:drinker:
  • simplyjustme
    simplyjustme Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You look amazing girl and I love that you made this post! Now if I can figure out how to post a picture of a grandma of 3 and mom of 4 my abs are not too bad. Still a work in progress but...... no complaints nor excuses. I love this thread girl!!
  • RockyDon
    RockyDon Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Nice abs ladies keep up the hard work
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Thanks :) I always get those funny lines from sitting in between them, makes me laugh. I used to hate my stretchmarks, but they don't much phase me now. Not going to cover up all my hard work over something like stretchmarks from having a beautiful baby boy. :)

Brilliant, brilliant attitude!

You, and the rest of these ladies, look fantastic!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker:
  • MacInCali
    MacInCali Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I have two kids (ages 9 and almost 12). Progressive shots are below. I had lost a total of 65 pounds by the time the last pic was taken, but there is only about a 15 pound difference between all the shots (and two dress sizes) ... I never took a before picture of my tummy prior to losing my weight, but it was big, trust me.

March of 2012:

343hksj.jpg

May of 2012:

2mn3cqs.jpg

January of 2013:

9satsy.jpg
  • Imanido
    Imanido Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Nice abs!!! ladies! I have 4 & 2 years old. Still long way to go to see my abs but I will catch up. I just wonder how long did it take you, specially how long did it take for the lose skin to firm up after losing all the weight??
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I'm getting there....

dm2iSdd.jpg

jXM78sr.jpg

fX3kTJo.jpg

Yes. I have stretchmarks. A LOT of stretchmarks. But still, not too shabby for a woman with a 4 year old who used to be morbidly obese. Never, ever, thought I'd have a flat stomach, let alone ablings.
  • Beezil
    Options
    Nice abs!!! ladies! I have 4 & 2 years old. Still long way to go to see my abs but I will catch up. I just wonder how long did it take you, specially how long did it take for the lose skin to firm up after losing all the weight??

Initially, after having my son, it took about a year, maybe a few months more for the skin to go back to normal (or almost normal) and I did about 50-60 situps every day in that time. Don't know if it helped, but it certainly didn't hurt.

As for losing the weight I gained after getting married, the skin seemed to go back mostly to normal as I lost the weight. I still have a bit of loose skin at the bottom of my stomach that I don't think will ever go completely back to normal, since it's been almost 2 years now. But, I'd say giving it a good year or two is wise. It takes a while for these things to happen on their own. :)