Hope502012 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    People keep asking when you're due...

Ugh...this has happened to me more than once :-(
    Happened at my Father's funeral......
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I've always been fat, so I've never not known. My problem is going to be how do I know I'm NOT fat?
  • Hope502012
    Options
    When you have to rock back and forth to get out of bed and you end up rocking yourself back to sleep.
    LOL!
  • changesofalifestyle
    changesofalifestyle Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You sometimes skip going to events because there are people who haven't seen you since your weight gain who are going to be there and the humiliation is too much to deal with.
  • gottogetinshape
    gottogetinshape Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    You get what Alan Carr (UK TV presenter) calls 'chub rub' - when your thighs rub together when you walk.
  • Hope502012
    Options
    how about you know you are fat when your body is covered with it!
    LOL!
  • Pardyqueenxoxo
    Pardyqueenxoxo Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    People keep asking when you're due...

I had that! its horrid! X X
  • greenfalls107
    greenfalls107 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    When frumphy and dumpy is your normal feel and look. I hate looking frumpy and dumpy now. I buy clothes that fit better now, and look better. I will not buy loose clothes that I can hide in anymore. Size matters. Wear the size you fit into, not too big. You will feel better.
  • Hope502012
    Options
    Cardigans to cover the bulges even when it's really hot.

There's another pair of buttocks where the dip should be at the top of your thighs.......
  • gigi_RN2013
    gigi_RN2013 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    when you cut the size tag out of your clothes....

^ guilty lol
  • annp28
    annp28 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    This....
  • surreygirl23
    surreygirl23 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You move from your winter woolies to your spring wardrobe - and it's shrunk over the winter..... :noway:

Or - you look at the family photos that were taken over Christmas, and realise the fat one isn't your mother-in-law....
    That's what got me here.....
  • SaraBrown12
    SaraBrown12 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    1. When u can't tie your shoe laces and or paint toenails
    2. When you have to lift your tummy to quaff the lady garden
    3. When you cannot breathe after going up the stairs (all 12 of them)
    4. When you avoid nights out like the plague to the point you stop getting invites.
    5. When you cannot avoid a night out/ event you hide from the camera as if its a loaded gun.
    6. When you cannot climb ladders or use exercise equipment as you exceed maximum weight.

7. When you want to be a total recluse and not leave the house.

But everyone here is trying to change some if not all of the above :) Good luck to all xx
  • alishacupcake
    alishacupcake Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I got another one you don't smile in photographs or actually make it to where you don't even take photographs.

Or your Facebook picture is at least 6 months old and it's a face shot.

Or your Facebook picture is your kid instead.
  • Pink_Cheek
    Pink_Cheek Posts: 92
    Options
    1. When you have to move your belly out of the way to do some stretches/exercies, or just can't do some of them because they belly is too big.
    2. When you wear the same few outfits over and over because you refuse to go any bigger and only a handful of selections fit you.
    3. When you refuse to let anyone go clothes shopping with you because of the stores and sizes you require.
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I got another one you don't smile in photographs or actually make it to where you don't even take photographs.

Or your Facebook picture is at least 6 months old and it's a face shot.

Or... Your Facebook picture is a picture of your pet, or children.
  • Koholint
    Koholint Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Saddlebags... You squeeze yourself into a small chair with arm rests and your thighs squish out from under the arm rests! Ugh!
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    Worst random stranger one for me: (working at Walmart, 3 years ago, and unfortunately one side smaller than I am now,) a random man approached me and said "I just wanted to tell you that you are so beautiful, you have such a pretty face and a good attitude. You really ought to try losing some weight, if you were not fat I am sure you would really be turning some heads.

You know your fat when ...
    Someone tells you that you have gotten 'lunch lady arms' (the underside of your arms wave at people)
    You are looking at face washes and the attendant asks what you are looking for. You say a good wash for acne breakouts. She tells you that 'heavy' people breakout more because they sweat doing every day things and your best bet would be to lose weight.
    You have neck fat
    Your playing and laughing with your sister. She tickles you and you tell her to stop or you will sit on her. She gets really freaked out and stops instantly.
    You have to move the seat of your car back after your friend drove it (the friend that you thought was bigger than you.)
    You ask your friend, very politely, that you thought was bigger than you what size of pants she wears and she tells you a number that is 4 sizes smaller than the pants you just bought yesterday because your pants 3 sizes bigger than her were too tight.
    When you return the pair of pants that your husband lovingly bought you because he had boughten them in the size you told him you were not the size you actually are.
    When you child tells you that they are so sorry you are fat
    When you jokingly comment, while standing in line at a store and talking, that you are 'too lazy' to go back and get that item you forgot and you will get it later. The lady behind you scoffs and says 'perhaps that is the problem then?'
    When you haven't been hit on in years.
    When sex is actually very exhausting
    When your child tells you that she meet one of her classmates mom's today and you aren't actually the biggest mommy, but the second biggest. (Oh, thanks! I feel ALL better now! ...?)
    When you eat more than all of the men in your life. (Brothers, husband, dad, friends ...)
    When you start blaming your extreme exhaustion after everything very physically demanding on low blood sugar.
    When your c- section scars starts twinging, hurting a little, and you want to look at it. Then, it takes a couple minutes to get your belly up enough to see it.
    When you are soaking in a bathtub and get out and realize that the bathtub practically emptied.
    When a 75 year old friend of the family asks you to go swim laps with her. She just wants someone to come with but secretly you take it as a challenge. You want to see who struggles keeping up with who, if you know what I mean. Then you feel awful inside after when she laps circles around you for 45 minutes after you are already totally exhausted.
    When your husband points out a shirt in your closet saying he loves that shirt and wants to know why you don't where it anymore. You just shrug but down inside you are sad because you know you have been trying on that exact shirt a couple times a month lately hoping it fits again.
    Your child decides, just for fun one day, they want to pick out your clothes for that day. You see the clothes lying on your bed and want to cry because the outfit is so cute and cleverly matched but you know it doesn't fit. Your child is mad when you come out wearing something else.
    You look at a chart of body fat percentages and BMI, knowing full well when deciding to pull them up you would be placed in the overweight range. You decide instead that the charts must be wrong because they say you are actually obese.
    You get your very first deer tag and are so excited to go out for the hunt. Half way up the first mountain you change your mind. Or so everyone thinks, you actually turned around and went back because you were trying so hard not to cry because of how much pain your body was in.
    Your grandmother asks you if you are going to keep trading in your pride for larger pants and at what size you are going to stop.
    Your doctor tells you you are fat.
    You realize that you husband is not blissfully unaware of your weight loss but actually just good at keeping his mouth shut.
    You ask yet another friend. This one you KNOW is way bigger than you. You ask her how much she weighs and she tells you a number only 10 pounds higher than your weight.
    Your child asks you to teach them how to properly do crunches and pushups. The next day they are knocking out 50 at a time and want to see you do it. You can't.
    You hurt in places that have never hurt before.
    You sweat during every day normal tasks.
    You ask, at a family gathering, 'is it hot in here, or is it just me?' Turns out, you are all alone in this opinion, it really is just you. Worse, all the thin and fit family members agree it is actually cold.
    Your mother-in- law buys you a pair of shoes and some pretty hair ties. She says these things will still fit in a year regardless of how my weight will "fluctuate."
    Your husband notices you aren't shaving any higher than your knees now and asks about it. You say nothing.
    You need to reach something on the top shelf and your husband is not home. So, you decide to climb on the counter. Problem is, your realize after several attempts, you can just pop/jump yourself up onto the counter anymore. You have to actually hunt down the stool, to climb on the counter, to reach the top shelf. And, get down ain't easy. Finally, just getting down, your husband gets home. And, actually wants to know why you don't look happy.
    Your nephews want you to play tag with them. This lasts less than 5 minutes and they find you lying on the grass, red faced and breathing hard.
    You decided to attempt running. You get less than a block and swear your heart is going to burst in your chest.
    You come home from running said block and are tired and want a nap.
    Your cleaning routine including a child putting everything away where you tell them to.
    You find it easiest to get out of bed by just rolling on out.
    Your neighbors punk teenager says, 'see that's not curvy, that's lumpy.'
    Your brother comes home from the military, fit as a fiddle. You give him a big hug and make him out of breath.
    Your other brother comes home from Alaska, having been gone for years. You go to see him and first thing he says is, "Yea, they told me you had gained a little."
    You wear guys gym shorts to go swimming and tell anyone who asks, it is a preference, you actually like them.
    Your child comes home from school all excited. Someone had asked them if you are pregnant. They immediately assumed this person must be right because, in their words, "I knew there must be a good reason for you being fat."
    You look in the mirror and finally see it for what it really is!!!
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Getting in and out of a chair is a major challenge.
    All your "fat clothes" are too small.
    You can't tie your shoes AND breathe at the same time.