30 Day Shred - Starting April 15 2013

Options

Replies

• aliann30
    aliann30 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Today was supposed to be my last day of Level 2. I don't think I'm going to be able to shred for the next few days. We went to the beach on Saturday and I put sunscreen on but didn't get my back and am pretty burnt. :( I was good on Saturday, but the skin has stiffened up quite a bit. Yesterday I figured I'd rest and then try to do L2D10 today and start L3 tomorrow through Saturday to catch up. I'm doing aloe and trying to keep it moisturized, but I honestly can't move very freely without it hurting. I feel like I've royally screwed up the past week, and am afraid of what another several off days will do - I really don't want to lose my progress.

Not sure if I should start all over when I'm able to move again or if I should maybe do another week of Level 2 and then move on.

I'll stick around here until I get back on board, you guys are doing amazing.
  • leeroxboro
    leeroxboro Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    aliann....OUCH!! Those pesky sunburns can really hurt, and make you feel bad in general!! As much as I HATE level 2, I'm thinking about doing another round of it this week, just because I'm doing modified versions of EVERYTHING, and one more week might make me more able to do level 3....I took a peek last night, and JM was saying something about how the "jumping" stuff that Natalie was doing Is better for boosting the metabolism or some such thing....Maybe if you feel a little better and do a couple days of level 2 the end of this week we can start level 3 together Monday??? If you're like me, you'll start to feel better when the peeling starts....

Don't beat yourself up too much, we all "screw up" sometimes, it's called being human!!
  • aliann30
    Options
    Aww, Lee, thank you so much for the encouragement! I'm definitely hoping to be up and moving better in a few days, I have some blistering but they are the tiny ones so I think it shouldn't be too bad by Wed/Thurs...so I think that's a great plan!!! :flowerforyou:
  • chipmunk_87
    chipmunk_87 Posts: 42
    Options
    Level 2 Day 10 done! Finally!!! Should have been yesterday but I went to a theme park with some friends instead! Did heaps nd heaps of walking around though. Today was one of the hardest L2 workouts I've had, maybe the hardest apart from Level 2 Day 1. Don't know if it was the day off, or just because I'm a little tired.

Really looking forward to starting Level 3 tomorrow, though.
  • clareyoung80
    clareyoung80 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I was so wary of level 2 after reading all you guys say it's the worst! I actually quite liked it! I did do some alternates to some of the moves (no plank twists at the end, I just tried to hold a shoulder plank for as long as possible instead).

Day 5 of level three, and I quite like level 3. I find that it takes me at least 3-4 goes of the levels to really get a feel for the moves and start really feeling it affect me.

I must say - I'm glad I've nearly finished 30 day shred. Starting to get a little sick of it! I'm slightly tempted to double-up on some days just to get through it slightly quicker!

Next, it'll be Ripped in 30 (can't wait to get sick of that too!)

I think once I'm done with my little training schedule (after Ripped in 30 it's on to Insanity) I'd like to come back to 30 Day Shred and do all the levels with the advanced moves! Here's hoping by the time I finish Insanity I will actually be able to do one military style push up!
  • Amy_Andrews
    Amy_Andrews Posts: 106
    Options
    I did Level 2 Day 10 yesterday - woo hoo - level 2 is done. Of course I previewed Level 3 --- looks like more cardio based moves. I'm kinda excited about it!

I am doing progress pics/measurements tonight. I am running 3 days a week in addtion to 30DS, but I have seen amazing results. I'm down over 6 pounds in 23 days (I take Sundays off from all exercise)!

I hurt my shoulder Thursday and got put on a muscle relaxer, so I really hope it doesn't affect my workouts. With only 10 days left of the shred, I refuse to quit!

I can't imagine doing this workout with a bad sunburn Aliann :( Hope it heals quickly.
  • roxy08fox
    roxy08fox Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Im on day 1 of level 2 today. Just curious - how many calories is everyone consuming? Are you eating your excerise calories back?
  • SAB8A
    SAB8A Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I started L3 D1 yesterday.. All I can say is wow.. I had one more day to do Level 2 but I just couldn't get myself to want to do it so I went ahead and started Level 3. Let me tell you I was dripping sweat and it seemed so much longer but I was able to keep up with this DVD. I will probably do this Level for more than 10 days just because I think this Level will help work me more. I have convinced my husband to let me buy BR by JM so I look forward to be able to start that after I'm done with the 30DS =)

Way to keep Shredding Everyone.
  • leeroxboro
    leeroxboro Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Well, looks like I'm out of commission for a while....pulled a muscle pretty bad....the chickens needed more food, and with the hubby out of town I decided I could tote the 50# bag of layer's pellets to the hen house and dump it into the barrel....NOT YET!! I got it done, but it will be a long while before I do it again!! (Hey, at least I was strong enough to get it there this time!!)

Carry On!! Get Shredded!! I'm so looking forward to seeing your results!!
  • Amy_Andrews
    Amy_Andrews Posts: 106
    Options
    Just did Level 3 day 1 - that 25 minutes went by FAST! I actually had fun! It was def hard work with all that jumping around, and I couldn't quite keep up with Natalie, but am impressed with my progress. Hopefully my shoulder won't protest too much and I can finish just NINE MORE DAYS!

Lee - so sorry you got injured. Def try again when you're better :)
  • Johlawrence
    Johlawrence Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Need motivation! I SOOO do not want to workout tonight!!! I just want to be lazy...but I couldn't do it yesterday. So...I guess here goes L2 D6...
  • travlinmel101
    travlinmel101 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Hi All!! I had an unexpected 3-day break, but got back on track yesterday with Day 5 of Level 3…5 more days!!
    Let me catch up…

corrs – AWESOME that you finished…congrats!!! We’re all looking forward to following you!!

Amy – thanks for the ABC idea, I forgot to do it on Monday, but maybe I’ll remember tomorrow! The good news about my 3-day break is that I basically felt no pain on Monday night’s run!

aliann – Sorry to hear about the sunburn…how is it now? If I were you, I’d just keep going where you left off and see how it feels. I was surprised that even though I had 3 days of rest, I felt like I picked up right where left off…and I can’t wait to be done with Day 30!

Lee – Sorry to hear about your injury!!

Angie – I, too, am losing very little weight, but I can definitely tell I’ve lost inches (and I took my measurements on Day 1, so I can’t wait to see what they are on Day 30!) And, yeah, I am noticing the same little “dipping in” at the top of my tummy, too…I even made my mom and aunt look so I knew I wasn’t just imagining it! Lol

CrysArri & xLexa – Great job on getting started! It’ll get better, don’t worry…just keep going!! :)

Johlawrence – After tonight, you’ll be “more than” half-way done! You’ve made it this far...keep it going!!

As far as what I’m going to do when I’m done - I’m going to start back over at L1! I’m going to see how my body has improved since going through the full 30 days. I’m not going to do it every day (want to concentrate on longer distances coming in my 5K training) and I probably won’t do it for 10 days each (maybe 5-7 days each level?). I’m going to try to follow Natalie as much as possible, and I’m going to do things like modify L1 by adding weights to the cardio (like L3) or heavier weights where I couldn’t before…and see how I do!

BTW – Jillian has a live tour here called “Jillian Michaels: Maximize your Life” and I went to go see her about a week ago. She said the best way to lose weight is circuit training (i.e. her DVDs), as well as “body weight exercises” (our squats, push-ups, etc) and free weights. So I’m pretty much going to stick with Jillian for a while! :)

Way to go everyone!!! Keep it up, one day at a time!!
  • amayctfu7117
    Options
    Hey i heared my friend to got one site http://tinyurl.com/30dayshredmy
  • AJoyfulLife
    AJoyfulLife Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Just finished Level 2 day 5. Ugh. I took Mother's Day off and then Monday also. It is so hard to jump back in after a break. I'm pushing ahead. Before doing 30 Day shred I had been doing Just Dance 4 45 min. workouts to ease myself back into being active. I still do those sometimes besides shredding. My husband gave me a fitbit flex for Mother's Day and I noticed today that doing the 45 min. workout really earns me a lot of steps.

After finishing the 30 Day Shred I plan on doing some Winsor Pilates and maybe some jogging. After that I want to try the shred a second time.

Keep shredding!
  • Johlawrence
    Johlawrence Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    YAY ME! I didn't want to workout, but I did it anyway and I am SOOOO glad I did!!! Now I am officially halfway through!!! 15 days left!!! I always feel so empowered when I finish and am so glad that I pushed through the little voice in my head saying, "Be lazy, don't do it!"

When I finish I plan to do Shred It with Weights and Killer Buns and Thighs, both are JM and are relatively short.

I am seeing big changes in my body!!! Can't wait to see the end results!!!

GO LADIES!!!
  • chipmunk_87
    chipmunk_87 Posts: 42
    Options
    Level 3 Day 1! I agree with the others, its FUN! But that last cardio circuit with all the jumps - crazy!
  • SAB8A
    SAB8A Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    OMG I have no motivation to get my workout done. I have vacation coming up next week so I'm concentrating heavy on getting my house and kids prepared for our leave but I can't seem to get motivated to want to do my workout. It's sad because I've come this far.. I did Level 2 up until Friday of last week took the weekend off. started Level 3 on Monday and skipped yesterday due to house work. Plus I can't seem to drag myself out of bed in the morning to get it done.. reading all your comments makes me want to push forward and do this so I too can see great results.

I just want to Thank Everyone for coming back everyday to post.. good or bad. I feel like I'm not the only one feeling this way and to see you all push through it I know I can too. Level 3 D2 will be done today after work even if it kills me LOL
  • aliann30
    Options
    You all are doing AWESOME!!!

My back has pretty big blisters on it but feels SO much better. The only problem is trying to get a sports bra on is pretty dern painful...not been able to do that yet. :ohwell:

Hopefully by the end of this week I'll be able to get back into the swing of things. And I totally agree, I think I'm going to just jump in where I left off and then start Level 3.

I think when I'm done I'm also going to continue using it, but not everyday. I am going to be starting C25k once I can get back up and going, and I'd like to do that 3x a week and possibly 30 DS, each level once a week (on the days I'm not doing C25k). Then Sundays as rest days.

I LOVE this group and if it weren't for yall this sunburn would've totally knocked me off permanently. :flowerforyou:
  • AJoyfulLife
    AJoyfulLife Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    L2D6 Only 4 more days of Level 2! My knees were really killing me last night and this morning so I decided to not do the pendulum lunges because that is what was hurting them the most. On the bright side, I don't feel like grumbling about oblique twists anymore!

Keep going!
  • meghanmaeandrews
    meghanmaeandrews Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    L2 D7 in the books!!!! Just realized today there is a modified jump thrust ( I think that is what they are called). i have been doing it the hard way all along. Oh Well might as well keep doing them the hard way. I really can't wait do be done with Level 2, I am so tired of it! Only 3 more days till level 3.

After this I am going to do Ripped in 30. I am still doing C25k 3-4 days a week as well