SUSHI ADDICT AND PROUD

Replies

• NaomiMc_Ra
    NaomiMc_Ra Posts: 64 Member
    I love sushi too! And our supermarket does little packets of fish rolls. The calories for medium pack are around 275 cals so for lunch I just add fruit too. Perfect!

One thing I want to know - how bad is the soy for you? I loooove the soy!
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    tuna shashimi, i could eat it everyday...
  • meowkapow
    meowkapow Posts: 103 Member
    I love sushi! Chirashi and Inari especially!
  • LeeshLove
    LeeshLove Posts: 197
    I love tuna, snapper and yellow tail sashimi (could eat it all day). Also with the sashimi I don't eat the rice. But I also love spicy tuna roll (rice and all)...

What can I say I just love sushi, just not salmon!
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    A good, plain salmon roll with appropriately prepared rice makes me weak in the knees.
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Mmmmmm, I guess I know what I'm having for lunch today!!
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 672 Member
    One month until I'm eating birthday sushi!

I love hamachi nigiri with a razor thin slice of lemon, topped with masago. My favorite thing in the world. I also love caterpillar and spider rolls, regular old kappa maki, and hokkigai.

I use the "reduced sodium" soy sauce because the full strength masks the fresh flavor a bit.
  • misskym
    misskym Posts: 52 Member
    I love sushi too, but too much rice is horrible! If you like dipping it in soy sauce (like I do), say goodbye to that sodium goal lol.
    I actually ate sushi today though, but instead of rice I used quinoa :) and I didn't use soy sauce.

There are things in this world you just don't mess with.

Sushi is one of them.

Shame on you.

^Like, +1, this, all of the above.

MFP needs a like button.
  • megandme120
    megandme120 Posts: 95 Member
    Here here! Now I need some! and a big bowl of miso soup.....
  • JuliaLee67
    JuliaLee67 Posts: 149
    I love sushi, and luckily I live in a place where there are many sushi places to choose from. My favorites are tuna sashimi, New Hawaiian rolls (spicy tuna and macadamia nuts), Sexy Sexy rolls (regular sushi roll with spicy tuna and cucumber inside), California rolls, and seaweed salad. And if I can fit them into my allowance for the day, gyoza!
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Sushi is the reason I'm not a full on vegetarian. Haha! Love it!! :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    I love it but it's not something I would do everyday... Too many calories for what it fills me up unfortunately (my favorite is salmon too).
  • shellbatronic
    shellbatronic Posts: 193
    When I was ultralow-carbing it, I totally lived on sashimi. So much yum! Now I know what I want for dinner...
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    I love Sushi as well, used to make it when I had the time to. There is a cheap sushi place around the corner and I go there sometimes. It's no where near as good as fresh sushi. I have a friend who went on a tuna fishing trip and ate the sushi on the boat. Basically reached down and just took a bite. Said it was the best sushi he's ever had.

I haven't been able to do that yet but I'd have no issues doing so.
  • SuccessHere
    SuccessHere Posts: 240 Member
    I'm a sushi addict and I'm proud of it too. I will NEVER give up Sushi!
  • I LOVE sushi and sashimi. I eat it at least 4 times a week. If I had my choice I’d eat sashimi every day for lunch. Mmmmm….great, now I’m hungry…..and I just drooled on my keyboard…. -__-
  • cfredz
    cfredz Posts: 292 Member
    unfortunately for me, i LOVE spicy mayo. So bad, yet so good. :'[[[[[
  • BobOki
    BobOki Posts: 245 Member
    Sushi lover here... but I am confused.. HOW do you eat only ONE? Does NOT compute!
  • mfrkorey
    mfrkorey Posts: 176 Member
    Spicy Tuna or crab yumm-O!!!
  • mfrkorey
    mfrkorey Posts: 176 Member
    oh and I loooove the wasabi!