What do you eat now that you didn't before?

Options

Replies

• tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Avacados, I'm going to try kale, bacon, eggs, steak, protein shakes, and fish.
  • tyrantduck
    tyrantduck Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    asparagus. but it has to be cooked a certain way. i have selective eating disorder and if it tastes even a bit wrong, i can't eat it or i'll gag. stupid brain and tastebuds.
  • innocenceportrayed
    innocenceportrayed Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Nothing really.
    I added yogurt but I'm not a huge fan.
    Everything else, I still eat, just in the correct proportions.
  • amyniceneasy
    amyniceneasy Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese, avocado, brussel sprouts..
  • spetermann190
    spetermann190 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt! Doesn't taste terrible, LOADED w protein, low fat ..... Perfect food??
  • TedStout
    TedStout Posts: 241
    Options
    Lots of vegetables. I was pretty much meat and meat. Ate vegetables when I had to. Now I love em...except cauliflower. And brussel sprouts. Ech.
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I never used to eat much meat because I was trying to economise. I eat way more meat, cheese and yogurt than I used to.
    Things that are new to me- tofu and almond milk.
  • MrsTorresisBACK
    MrsTorresisBACK Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Tofu and Almond milk.....
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    A lot more fish and I never drank protein powder. My list of what I used to eat and don't anymore is much much longer...lol
  • JulieAnn1109
    JulieAnn1109 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Ricotta Cheese with a dash of vanilla or cinnamon for dessert :tongue: YUMMY!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Squash.
  • DankaCibulka
    DankaCibulka Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    oatmeal, asparagus:)
  • Psyb3r
    Psyb3r Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I love quinoa. Just started eating it since I've done my life style change. Check out this recipe, it's sooooo good!
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/strawberry_rhubarb_quinoa_pudding.html
  • amapril
    amapril Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Almond milk, wasa crackers, black beans, summer squash, and greatly increased spinach intake.
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    spaghetti squash, kale, asparagus
  • prettigirl01
    prettigirl01 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    honestly i still eat everything i did before but i limit it. i did add more water to my day which was little to none at first and i also excercise more. i think u should still be able to eat what u want but adding new foods is good as well
  • amdarosa619
    amdarosa619 Posts: 98 Member
    Options

I want to try Quinoa. I've never made it.....wouldn't know what to do with it....but am going to try it.

It takes a bit to cook, but it's very versatile. 2 of my favorite, yet very different recipes are:
    1) Serving it separated and cold in a salad with arugula and goat cheese, maybe some pine nuts too
    2) cooking it hot with almond milk to serve as a substiture for oatmeal. Serve with cinnamon and honey, or add slivered almonds or walnuts, or bananas for more texture.
  • icjason
    icjason Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Overall, I'm eating less. Also, the proportion of protein has gone way up and the proportion of grains has gone way down. More meat, yogurt, less wheat and rice.
  • shellyb17
    shellyb17 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Chia seeds, greek yogurt, almond milk
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Before this site I was always looking to cut certain foods for diets sake; cakes, cookies, ice cream, alcohol, pasta, breads etc.

Now I eat more food and all the stuff I thought I had to cut out (in moderation of course), even Quinoa!

Lifting heavy things has freed me from food restrictions.