This is a photoshop - signed, a graphic artist. (with pics)

Options

Replies

• ctpeace
    ctpeace Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Gimme more! This is really an education! This is why those tabloid shots of celebs at the beach looking "terrible" are so shocking, we never get to see the real thing in print! I can't imagine what it's like as a model to see what the photographer "fixes".
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options

I know that sounds awful, but, there is racism still and we know this because it drives the market. Just like we are all shocked how extreme the photoshopping is. Bottom line the Dove "real woman" campaign got a lot of attention, but the sales simply didn't improve. There is no evidence women want to see healthy normal women, not according to the sales. And thats what drives the race war in advertising as well.

I wish there was more justice in that, I hate anything that shames people into buying. But that shame, gosh its a powerful emotion and we just eat it out of their hands.

That's really sad that the Dove women ads didnt generate sales. I guess we want the plastic white fakes since ultimately our dollars are what drives sales and advertisements...sigh makes me sad.
  • _kimberly
    _kimberly Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    thanks for posting all the photoshops. more please!
  • J_Dragonfly
    J_Dragonfly Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Bump for sure!!!
  • viser_haut
    viser_haut Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    LOVE this thread!

Although unfortunately it's not a 'modern' problem - think the painting of Anne of Cleves which looked nothing like her ;p
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Gimme more! This is really an education! This is why those tabloid shots of celebs at the beach looking "terrible" are so shocking, we never get to see the real thing in print! I can't imagine what it's like as a model to see what the photographer "fixes".

I am sure they can photoshop some of those beach photos to make them look even better or worse than they're.
  • SexiBayBeezy
    SexiBayBeezy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    This is crazy and im addicted.... MORE!!
  • Showmm
    Showmm Posts: 406 Member
    Options

I know that sounds awful, but, there is racism still and we know this because it drives the market. Just like we are all shocked how extreme the photoshopping is. Bottom line the Dove "real woman" campaign got a lot of attention, but the sales simply didn't improve. There is no evidence women want to see healthy normal women, not according to the sales. And thats what drives the race war in advertising as well.

I wish there was more justice in that, I hate anything that shames people into buying. But that shame, gosh its a powerful emotion and we just eat it out of their hands.

That's really sad that the Dove women ads didnt generate sales. I guess we want the plastic white fakes since ultimately our dollars are what drives sales and advertisements...sigh makes me sad.

That's not true. In 2005, when Dove first launched it's Real Beauty campaign, sales went up by 20%. (source: http://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesleadershipforum/2011/10/20/beware-the-hidden-traps-in-cause-marketing/) Quite a significant number in an already saturated beauty product market.
  • 36jessica
    36jessica Posts: 319 Member
    Options

hm-body-morphing-huda-beauty-similar.jpg

Hilarious!

That is. How lazy & cheap.
    ...and very very disturbing. I'm starting to become kind of attached to some of my many flaws...
  • AnderMama88
    AnderMama88 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • dunnodunno
    Options
    Bump!
  • dunnodunno
    Options
    Bump!
  • mtnstar
    mtnstar Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Just read both of these threads from beginning to end and couldn't stop! I knew things were photoshopped but just never realized the extent of it! How enlightening and empowering this thread has been for me. I will never look at another magazine picture without seeing it. Our society is pretty twisted.

On another note, I was feeling kind of down about myself because so many of the women I went to high school with seemed to look just incredible on their facebook profile photos. I actually thought I was doing something really wrong because I had so many wrinkles compared to them. Only after recently seeing some close ups from the HS reunion did I realize they had photoshopped their facebook pics! LMAO!

Thank you OP and everyone else who has shared!
  • littlelouis
    littlelouis Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    bumping for later!
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    Bump!! This needs to stay at the top!!
  • CalypsoNi
    CalypsoNi Posts: 44
    Options
    I hate this on fitness magazines. On this one I can't decide if they were add or removing muscle.
    3531183.jpg
    Oh dear god she's got a man's body. =/
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I hate this on fitness magazines. On this one I can't decide if they were add or removing muscle.
    3531183.jpg

Those are the nicest moobs I've ever seen!
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    Just read both of these threads from beginning to end and couldn't stop! I knew things were photoshopped but just never realized the extent of it! How enlightening and empowering this thread has been for me. I will never look at another magazine picture without seeing it. Our society is pretty twisted.

On another note, I was feeling kind of down about myself because so many of the women I went to high school with seemed to look just incredible on their facebook profile photos. I actually thought I was doing something really wrong because I had so many wrinkles compared to them. Only after recently seeing some close ups from the HS reunion did I realize they had photoshopped their facebook pics! LMAO!

Thank you OP and everyone else who has shared!

Yeah, I've definitely noticed that trend on my fb feed too - and we're not even to our 10yr reunion yet! WHY do you need to photoshop a friggin profile pic?!? :huh:

MOAR!! :laugh:
  • TiaFerrera
    TiaFerrera Posts: 93
    Options
    WOW! I didn't realize this thread was still going!! Its hard to keep up with you guys! Lol I'm so proud of everyone posting pics and impressions, I hope everyone is seeing the truth now. I crack up every time I see the Kim K magazine cover saying "you call this fat" lol Just awesome!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    3531183.jpg

Please be joking. Please be joking.

:noway: