Are accents universally awesome?

Options
LonLB
LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
Does everyone love an accent that is different from their own or is it just me?

Favorites

Boston
Jersey/New York
Southern/country
Australian
GBR English

Those first two...........So awesome......................so awesome

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Boston.
    Australian.
    Southern.

THE BEST :heart:

EDIT: I need to learn to spell.
  • chantelp89
    chantelp89 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Agreed. I was watching a video last night and the guys had Australian accents. Totally did it for me. For me though, I love a good southern accent.
  • BostonStrong617
    Options
    I find it ironic you both like Boston accents. Oftentimes I hear that it makes me sound uneducated, to the point where in important interviews or with people of authority I've learned to control it to an extent.

I'm from Boston so most of the accents you're mentioning seem normal to me but I do like them. But my favorite accent is Southern, I like a nice Southern drawl as long as it isn't too strong.
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I love accents! My favorites are:

Scottish
    English
    Irish
    Netherlander
    Texan
  • chantelp89
    Options
    I find it ironic you both like Boston accents. Oftentimes I hear that it makes me sound uneducated, to the point where in important interviews or with people of authority I've learned to control it to an extent.

I'm from Boston so most of the accents you're mentioning seem normal to me but I do like them. But my favorite accent is Southern, I like a nice Southern drawl as long as it isn't too strong.
    Being from Alabama, I understand how you feel lol. Nothing's better than a nice sexy man saying yes ma'am
  • LonLB
    Options

If by Ironic you mean awesome I'd say ya you're probably right.

And ya even before we were friends I saw your name and thought "must hear her talk".
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options

Same here!
    I sound wicked Boston when I'm tired or drunk.
  • coliema
    Options
    Nothing's better than a nice sexy man saying yes ma'am
    You're making me all flustered :blushing:
  • DessyDemi
    DessyDemi Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    German <3 - the hottest thing ever when spoken by guys
  • coliema
    Options

If by Ironic you mean awesome I'd say ya you're probably right.

And ya even before we were friends I saw your name and thought "must hear her talk".
    She defintely meant awesome. :)
  • LonLB
    Options

Being from Alabama, I understand how you feel lol. Nothing's better than a nice sexy man saying yes ma'am

Southern guys must know how to do something right. LOL

I've actually had people ask me if I am from down south because of various "acts" like removing a hat when coming in doors, saying yes maa'm, and a couple other things.

I sound like NOTHING. I'm from Michigan.
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I'm Irish with a British accent, I lost my Irish accent a very long time ago :(

My favourites are

Scottish
    Texan
    New York
    Welsh
  • chantelp89
    Options
    Nothing's better than a nice sexy man saying yes ma'am
    You're making me all flustered :blushing:
    Lol my boyfriend called me ma'am on our first "date". I was 18 and he's was 28. I was sold
  • chantelp89
    Options

Southern guys must know how to do something right. LOL

I've actually had people ask me if I am from down south because of various "acts" like removing a hat when coming in doors, saying yes maa'm, and a couple other things.

I sound like NOTHING. I'm from Michigan.
    Manners are sexy
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Not really there is too much variety.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I hope so. I have a classic Texas drawl, and it ain't going anywhere.
  • harley1968
    harley1968 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hi I am from England I never really think I have an accent.....

But I do like an American accent and also and Irish accent is lovely :smile:
  • chantelp89
    Options
    Not really there is too much variety.
    Don't worry hun, whatever accent you have won't matter.
  • Nerdphiliac
    Nerdphiliac Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Australian! ;D <3
    I love a thick Scottish or Irish accent too!
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I love a man with a liverpool "scouse" accent like me but i lovee itslians like gino decampo