NSV (Non Scale Victory) Not shared enough. Let's hear it!

Options

Replies

• LeopardPrintedLove
    LeopardPrintedLove Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    WELL, yesterday my neighbor walked by while I was sitting outside and asked me what the heck I was wearing. (Rated G wording compared to what she used) and I replied and told her I was just wearing my normal summer clothes (which I have worn for the past two summers) and then she told me it looked like I was wearing a circus tent and my shorts were about to fall down. Then she told me to change my clothes so we could go to the market and buy a watermelon. ;)

AND today, a coworked stopped me in the hall and said, "Woah! You've been losing weight, huh?" and when I told him how much, he congratulated me and told me to keep doing whatever it is I'm doing. :D
  • T_X_L
    T_X_L Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Two things:

1) Putting on a shirt and it was tight...IN THE ARMS and baggy everywhere else - BOOYEAH!!

2) Going into a Stockhomme and finding a "Modern Fit" suit that fits!
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I have (had?) something calles Pseudo-Tumor Cerebri. It cause high intercranial pressure. It appears mainly in overweight, pre-menopausal women. In my case, it was causing pressure on my left-side optic nerve and causing vision loss. It was well controlled with medication, many who have are not so lucky, they have to get shunts placed surgically to drain the extra fluid build up. Well, after losing weight and getting healthier, my doctor (after he high fived me :glasses: ) said we'd try doing without the meds. It's been almost 6 months and all is looking great. It seems I have healed myself. Yay!
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,639 Member
    Options
    Having my daughter put on a grumpy face and tell me I am despicable because my six pack is starting to show. :-)

:laugh:
  • Run4Me2Day
    Run4Me2Day Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Major NSV. Realizing that I wasn't feeling fulfilled and I was trying to replace that feeling with the "happiness" of tasty food. This has been huge for me. Now I can decide if I am hungry, or if I am trying to replace the feeling of happiness that fulfilled people have already.

It's a very personal thing to share, I know, but I think many of us do this and never want to look at it for what it is.

That is a huge thing! Thanks for feeling confident enough to share it with us! We have to remember we are all here to improve our life through fitness and/or nutrition, and here to help each other.
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I have (had?) something calles Pseudo-Tumor Cerebri. It cause high intercranial pressure. It appears mainly in overweight, pre-menopausal women. In my case, it was causing pressure on my left-side optic nerve and causing vision loss. It was well controlled with medication, many who have are not so lucky, they have to get shunts placed surgically to drain the extra fluid build up. Well, after losing weight and getting healthier, my doctor (after he high fived me :glasses: ) said we'd try doing without the meds. It's been almost 6 months and all is looking great. It seems I have healed myself. Yay!

Yea!!!

:happy:
  • goldiejoe
    goldiejoe Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Well, because my body had become so round, I had "gun-slinger arms" when I walked around because I couldn't straighten my arms and let them hang down by my sides. Just noticed TODAY that my arms are hanging down straight when I walk. This is major fo me :)
  • mckellipgirl
    mckellipgirl Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I started in a tight 18 and although I've only lost 8 lbs. I'm now in a 16.
    I went in the kitchen to eat because I was discouraged the other day and didn't.
  • cgphelps24
    cgphelps24 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    My daughter told me I look like I have lost weight. I also noticed that my clothes are loose on me.
    I feel better. I get tired now, but because of being active and I feel motivated to do things with my grandchildren outside.
    I am also not hungry all the time. I eat healthy and drink my water, stay away from sugary drinks and junk food. No more mindless snacking!!
  • BeckyJo19
    BeckyJo19 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm able to wear cute summer clothes that I haven't been able to wear in 4 years! I don't have to buy new clothes because I kept all my skinny clothes!
  • egwene1977
    egwene1977 Posts: 69
    Options

AND today, a coworked stopped me in the hall and said, "Woah! You've been losing weight, huh?" and when I told him how much, he congratulated me and told me to keep doing whatever it is I'm doing. :D

This! Nothing puts a bigger smile on my face than getting an unexpected "woah, you've lost a ton of weight!" from coworkers...especially the males :)
  • jesgaa
    jesgaa Posts: 17
    Options
    My jeans are tight because of muscle instead of fat and my butt is up where it's supposed to be...hehe
  • SexyDexie
    SexyDexie Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    The T-shirt I went to the gym in today was looser around the stomach and tighter on the arms and across the shoulders
  • NumbrsNerd
    NumbrsNerd Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm no longer out of breath walking up the stairs at work.
    My pants are getting saggy/I'm fitting into smaller pants.

The amount of beeps and waves I get on my lunchtime walk is increasing - haha!
  • fannybee
    fannybee Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    that little dress i bought that would not close now its too loose
  • FishingGuy75
    FishingGuy75 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I hit the last notch on my belt and have to go get a new one.
  • missmidge84
    missmidge84 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I fit nicely into a pair of size 14 pants today. That hasn't happened in my adult life.
    Also, I tried on a dress [see profile pic] and actually liked the way my butt looked in it. Never happened before. Thanks squats and deadlifts!
  • withabandon
    withabandon Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Zipped up my leather tall boots (for horseback riding) without too much struggle - calves are going down!
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I have always walked and I just recently dared to alternate between speed walking and jogging. The longest I've gone is 5mins and I'm trying to wait until I lose 20 more lbs before I do the C25K but sometimes I just get the urge to job hehe From just speed walking to now being able to jog 5mins straight and walk then some more jogging. I'm pretty proud. If I keep pushing I'll be jogging before summer is over. My goal is to jog 3miles straight without stopping. I don't even have a time limit yet but I just want to be able to do the 3 miles jogged. :)

If you can jog for 5 minutes straight you're already well into the c25k! If you want to do it, don't wait for those 20 lbs, because you're already practically mid-way through the program on your own!
  • salcha76
    salcha76 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    My clothes are literally falling off of me....I need an entire new wardrobe....nothing fits but socks anymore....and i won't be needing those again til fall!