The Original Power 90 Check In?

Options

Replies

• casl00
    casl00 Posts: 19
    Options
    Hey Lobster,

I have been enjoying your post and only 3 pounds to go!! I plan on starting p90 this Sunday.

TIme to begin my journey! :)

Casl
  • janaf
    janaf Posts: 4
    Options
    Gosh, just three pounds to go! I can't wait for that day, but I know that you have put a lot of hard work into it, I'm really excited about getting my dvd's I just wish they would hurry up and get here even though I just ordered them two days ago! haha I have very little patience at all so I know I need to find some to be able to do this right! I will be checking back in here with you I did physical therapy today and 30 minutes on the WII that is what I will be doing along with walking when it isn't to hot here in TX to be outside. I haven't lost anything yet but it's just been a few days so I'm not to discourged yet...

Good Luck on Sunday Casl, starting P90 I should only be a few days behind you

Cheers!
    Jana
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Power 90 peeps,

I did sculpt level 5/6 - day 62!!!! or I could say I have 28 days left!!!! My hubbie - to -be took pictures on day 60 and you can really see a difference - (especially from day 1)!!! So now my goal is three more pounds and 28 more days of Power 90!!! I can do this!!!

My clothes fit so much better - it is really nice to slip jeans on and they fit just right!!! It makes for a good mood all day!!!!

casl - how was your first day of power90??? Remember to take it easy the first few days - it really helps. I took it easy and didn't do any other workout for the first week - althought I was tempted. I tried to listen to Tony as much as possible - I figure he knows waht he is talking about!!!

Jan -did you get your dvd's in? I remember when I was waiting for mine - it seemed like forever... I wanted to get started right away!!

Hope everyone had a happy healthy weekend.!!!

Just push play!!!!!!
  • casl00
    Options
    Hello all,

My first day was great, but I am a little sore. I was feeling pretty confindent until the 777's which turned out to be the 520 meaning 5 push-ups then 2 and 0.... lol

Lobster, nice to hear the jeans are fitting!!!

Jan, I hope your dvd's are in mailbox today!

Time to push play..
  • lobster888
    Options
    casl - I couldn't do the close (narrow) push up nor could I do the dips. Well unless you count barely moving your elbows - even at that I could only do like 3!!!! But never fear!!!! I can proundly do dips 15 with really good form and I struggle with the narrow push ups but I can do 7 of them.LOL You will be so surprise how much stronger you will become !!!! It happens fairly quickly too!!!
  • casl00
    Options
    Day three and I'm sore... lol

I'm going to switch over to the dumbbells and put the resistance band away for now. I like using the resistance band and might bring it out when I'm a few weeks into the program. Lobster, thanks for making me feel better about the dips... they really !@#$..

Time to hit play again.. :)
  • lobster888
    Options
    Way to casl - day 3!!! Yippie! I know how I felt when I finished the first couple of days. I used the weights from the begining - I am a little uncoordinated to use the bands LOL !!! Keep pushing play!!!!
  • casl00
    Options
    Okay, I'm really sore today.. ouch!!! I tried not to over do it but, I had a really hard time getting out of bed this morning. I'm here at work sitting at my desk and tried to get up to get more coffee.... and decided not to it hurt to much and I'm never without coffee.. lol

Lobster no hitting play today.... :)
  • lobster888
    Options
    Ok day 67 of Power 90 !!! CHECK!!! I did the core cardio (in master series) ! Its' 48 mins long - the longest I have done yet...but it flew by. I loved it. I can really feel it. Each dvd works me a little harder but not too much harder. Didn't lose any weight this week but according to the scale my body fat % in slowly going down. I just made it into the fit range from acceptable...Yeah!!!! That is almost as good as reach my goal weight.

How is everyone else doing???
  • lobster888
    Options
    Good Afternoon Power 90 people, Day 69 Master series sculpt 5/6 check!!!

I just wanted to check in and tell a little story.On Saturday I went to my Godchilds birthday party. I wore a pair of white shorts that I haven't worn in quite awhile, with a black tank shirt. Well, a friend at the party gave me a big compliment. She said she noticed a difference in my arms and legs. She said "I can tell you have been working really hard and I am telling you it is paying off." Well that should help me complete my next 21 days!!!!! Also, my hubbie to be printed out the pictures from day 1, day 30 and day 60. The difference from day 1 to day 60 is really noticeable!!! day 1 to day 30 , day 30 to day 60 not so much but day 1 to day 60 - a big difference. So that should be enough motivation for me - and you too to complete the program. That's why I am posting this. You can't get disappointed at day 30 when it doesn't show so much or like when the weight doesn't seem to coming off. Like Tony says you HAVE to do the whole program.

So keep pushing play everyone!!!!
  • casl00
    Options
    TIme for my update,

I'm on day 8 and I'm starting to flow with the workouts. It helps to know which steps are coming up next. The only thing that slowed me down was day 4 when I over did it and was sore on day 5 and 6. I took day 5 as a rest day and learned my lesson about using to much weight.

Still pushing play!!
  • lobster888
    Options
    Great going Casl (oh not about the over doing it part - the day 8 part!!!! In the begining it is really important to take it easy. I read some prior post and asked for help from the members so the advise was to take it easy. I waited two weeks before I added anything else to my work out schedule and was really slow in adding weights and moving up.

You are doing great - you will love the progress you make. You will soon rock those dips!!!!!

Janaf - did you get your dvd's yet?
  • lobster888
    Options
    Just checking in - completed day 71 Sculpt 3/4 - I switched back to 3/4 from 5/6 just to change it up. I like doing it because I feel so much stronger with how much better I can do the workouts. I will do Sweat 3/4 tomorrow then back to level 5/6 .

I still can not move the scale. Pretty much between 128 - 129. I think I will re-evaluate at the end of the week and see what i can do different next week. I have two months to move that scale 3-4 pounds. I know I can do it... Maybe go back to the first two weeks of South beach???? Maybe do a meal replacements with protein shakes???? maybe tape my mouth shut????

Let's see if anyone is listening????

Hope everyone is doing great!!!
  • casl00
    Options
    Day 12 update.

I'm very happy to report that the scales said 199 this morning!!! In two weeks I have lost 6 pounds and to be honest it was not as hard as I thought it would be...

I keep hitting play.. :happy:

And Lobster I know those three pounds will be gone soon!!!!
  • lobster888
    Options
    Ok fellow Power 90'ers - I decided to switch things up this morning and instead of doing sculpt level 5/6 I did the UML (Upper Middle Lower) DVD from the Matsers series. I may not be able to move tomorrow - the moves are tough and there a lot of them - or you have to them for a minute!!!!!! I was sweating like mad, for sculpt-restistence not for sweat cardio!!!!! But, I feel good!!! I will do the core cardio tomorrow and then back to 5/6 . I really like the added dvds that I got with the Master series!!! Highly recommend it for those thinking about it. Tony promised me a transformation and he is keeping his promise. The only problem I have is the scale has not moved in almost three weeks. It's pretty stable and I have 3 more pounds I want to lose..... With only 17 days left (I did day 73 this morning) I don't think that I will meet my goal by then..... but I do have more time to lose it before my wedding ....That means I have to continue with the program everyday before I go on maintenance. uhggg!!!!

So I will keep pushing play!!!!
  • casl00
    Options
    .. Hello all,

I went out of town for the weekend and was not able to press play Friday, Saturday or Sunday. I did keep count of my calories. I'm looking forward to getting home after work and hitting play again. It did surprise me how much I was thinking about not working out... hahaha crazy..

Lobster, I was wondering if those 3 pounds your trying to lose is muscle now?
  • lobster888
    Options
    cas100, - You might be right - but I am bummed about it. I know it's silly but I have it in my head I want to weigh 125 for my wedding. I have been that weight before - atually late last year - after I did boot camp. So I know that it is not impossible. But the scale is not moving. It's stay between 128.00 and 128.8 . I am trying something new this week. Really watching calories and trying the meal replacememnt thing with protein shakes and bars from GNC. We will see what next Monday hold.

My measurements haven't really moved either and my clothes fit better - it's just the one pair of jeans have a little bit to go before that have that perfect fit...you know what I mean. I don't want to lose my muscle either.

It is crazy how you get hooked on working out - I tease my hubbie to be about my date with Tony every morning!!!!

Keep pushing play. I am on day 76!!!!!!!!!! But I I am going to keep going for another 30 - I may take a day or two off bu tthat's it!!!

10-10-10 will be here before I know it.!!!
  • casl00
    Options
    Hi Lobster,

I'm still hitting play and I'm 18 days into the program.. :smile: So far I have lost 6 pounds and have really enjoyed getting excited about getting fit.. So excited that I bought a Swiss ball last night... lol, not sure why, but I have one now..

That's my update for today.
  • lobster888
    Options
    Great Going casloo day 18 yippie!!!! Great weight loss too. That should help keep you motivated!!! What is a swiss ball. Is it a small weighted ball??? I am thinking about a kettle ball for some of the exercises of Power90 - that have a set for $30.00 that has a 5 10 and 15 pound one. Maybe I will treat myself after I complete the first 90 days. Then I will ahve something different to motivate me for another 30 days.

Great going - I am so excited for you - you are going to be amazed how good you feel and look! I will be here with you!!!!!

Have a happy 18th day!!!!!
  • jha1223
    jha1223 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Great Job everyone. Stay motivated!

I'm on Day 16. One of my bands broke during Sculpt 1/2 this morning. RAWR! Haha. Looks like a trip to the store on lunch!

Starting weight was 205 and I weighed in this morning at 197.4. Woo!

I'm sure cutting out the fast food, big meals and beer has helped me lose a lot from the beginning. Should be tapering off real quick though.

Lobster - since you mentioned it, changing up your diet may be the exact thing you need to kick your metabolism in to gear. kind of like the whole muscle confusion, but for your diet. Are you getting enough calories to burn - i.e. "starvation mode"?