how do you interpret this text?

Options

Replies

• vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Guys don't value easy, putting yourself out there just made him feel good about himself having hit it soo good that you can't let go. You have two options walk away with whatever pride you have left but you don't seem to want that option. Which brings us to the second option, go all psycho on him. I'm talking about showing up at his place unannounced wearing scandalous outfits, texting him 50 times a day, call him at work, claim you are pregnant with his love child (doesn't matter if you had sex or not, say you withdrew some when he was asleep). At that point he will be forced to love you or take out a restraining order, either way you will be back in his life.

Idk = it's not official just like you guys weren't.

You may know here = when we were hooking up, I saw someone who struck my fancy and I'm hitting it now. There is a remote chance that you noticed and that is why I think you might know her.
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Maybe he's hooked up with someone on your facebook friends list, which is why he thinks you may know her. or maybe he met someone else in your town you are just not aware of it yet.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    See if I were talking to a man and got the text "stop texting my man"
    A) she wouldn't be a skank
    B) he would be
    C) I would run far away, he is trouble.

As for "idk" and "you might know her"
    Idk = yes (but I am looking are you offering?"
    You might know her = but if we do talk keep it on the DL Cuz IDK!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Drama. Grow up.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    3rj60y.jpg
  • TheMiddlePath
    TheMiddlePath Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    if his reply was just 'idk' then I would think all the same things about it not being official or he's open to whatever.

it was just the 'you might know her' that threw me off since we don't know any of the same people, he doesn't have FB, and LA is such a big city.

but this is all very helpful.
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I know I should just ignore this posting but what are you 12? Grow up!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    You deserve better in a relationship :flowerforyou:
  • Kmanouchehri90
    Kmanouchehri90 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Don't get involved with someone with PTSD unless you have to (i.e. already married/in a relationship with before PTSD kicks in). It is one of those really rough journeys, and although he should seek out help and support of friends and family it is wrong of him to even consider starting a relationship, and it is a really bad idea for you to consider starting one with him. Maybe in a couple years if your paths cross again and he's mentally stable.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    It means stop texting somebodys elses man....

If he's NOT denying he's got somebody else (which I woulda checked first to make sure somebody else wasn't doing a prank) then this means you're the other woman. How is this not a simple thing to understand?
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Even if he is referring to you, do you really need this drama? Love YOURSELF enough to walk away.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options

Why? You don't know her, what's to say she does? Honestly, everyone says that to everyone, even people they don't know a speck about, and I'm not honestly convinced it's true. The real statement should be, 'You should want better for yourself'.
  • foraubs
    foraubs Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    He hasn't bothered with you in two months. Girlfriend or not, there's your answer. Text interpretation unnecessary as his behaviour in the interim denotes everything you need to know.

Good luck!
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Multiple choice answer time!

A. He's got a girlfriend/someone who isn't you.

B. He's ashamed to tell you he's in prison.

C. He's afraid of his intense feelings for you, and is trying to muster up the courage to tell you that he wants to marry you in a castle and make a bus load of chubby babies with you.
  • CristyMusicLovr
    CristyMusicLovr Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Oh hell no girl! Move on! He has a gf, you are sort of the victim here and he is the liar, so um why would you want a lying bastid as your man? The IDK means I dont want to hurt you but YES I have a gf! That is clear as water! I suggest get into some zumba classes:wink: , go out with your friends:drinker: and flirt with hot guys:bigsmile: I think the other chick is equally as umm accepting of his crap, cause If I would've found something like that ha! I would've said Peace!
  • sarahtonin015
    sarahtonin015 Posts: 193
    Options
    I think the other chick is equally as umm accepting of his crap, cause If I would've found something like that ha! I would've said Peace!

They BOTH are making the same mistake; although we don't actually know if he's with the girl who texted her anymore. He might be with someone new. But the girl who posted this clearly is still letting him get away with it, so she's the one we should be focusing on in terms of moving on and saying "peace".
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Oh hell no girl! Move on! He has a gf, you are sort of the victim here and he is the liar, so um why would you want a lying bastid as your man? The IDK means I dont want to hurt you but YES I have a gf! That is clear as water! I suggest get into some zumba classes:wink: , go out with your friends:drinker: and flirt with hot guys:bigsmile: I think the other chick is equally as umm accepting of his crap, cause If I would've found something like that ha! I would've said Peace!

wait wait wait... SHE is the victim? How is SHE the victim?

First off, the guy didn't lied. The guy plainly said that he doesn't know whats goign on with the other girl. OP however still wants to be with this guy.

In this scenario, nobody is the victim. They are all drama seeking grownups who needs to walk away from the jersey shore type of TV shows and actually get into the real world.

And stop taking sides. You don't know jack about the situation.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

What relationship?
  • adamalle
    adamalle Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Delete his number. If your phone is able to, block him from texting/calling you.

Move on.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Multiple choice answer time!

A. He's got a girlfriend/someone who isn't you.

B. He's ashamed to tell you he's in prison.

C. He's afraid of his intense feelings for you, and is trying to muster up the courage to tell you that he wants to marry you in a castle and make a bus load of chubby babies with you.

Duh! It's obviously C. He's probably trying to think up the perfect proposal scenario right now.

Well, maybe after he's done with round three with the chick that's answering his texts, anyway