I will date anyone. Is there something wrong with that?

Options
1235»

Replies

• NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Usually I stick to the ones that are breathing. ---Minimum.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I would never say I'd date anyone. That's how you get murdered, or herpes.
  • ImpossibleGrl
    Options
    It really befuddles me when you make an honest genuine post and some people feel the need to be negative. Why so serious?

Some people seem to have nothing better to do with their lives but try to bring others down to make themselves appear higher. *shrug* THOSE types of people I probably wouldn't date...lol
  • crlyxx
    crlyxx Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm quite the opposite, and have a very specified choice in men xD Someone mentioned "missing out" however, and I fail to see their rationale. I don't exclude personality types (unless you're a total ****), simply appearances. Of course I've gotten the whole, "you're so shallow" spiel from those who are clearly morally superior to me *cough*, but I'd prefer to pass on my genes to those who I'd deem a good match.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Be careful. I said the same thing and that was a big mistake.
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    Nope.

I have preferences and guidlines, but no hard and fast rules:
    - must have income
    - should have vehicle
    - should have ~80% of your teeth

it's all the stuff that comes after you start getting to know someone (like, more than just a couple of dates) that is what sinks or floats:

- drinking/drug problem?
    - unhealthy lifestyle?
    - irresponsible? immature?
    - disordered mind/emotions?
    - @sshole?

those are the things i say 'no' to, and they are the things you don't always uncover right away about someone. if i can tell just by looking at you and/or talking to you for a little while that you qualify for one or more of the above, i won't date you. but nobody should date you either, so i don't feel like those are *my* 'dealbreakers.' that's just common sense.

i don't say 'no' to things like race, class, position, appearance, dress, etc. i love all the different kinds of ppl in the world, too.

(expect stupid ones and mean ones.)
  • cosmic8o8
    cosmic8o8 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I have three preferences: I find you attractive, you're respectful, and I don't want to punch you in the face after talking to you a few times. This is hard to come by.
  • FearAndTrembling
    Options
    I can't date anybody I'm not physically attracted to. I think women are more likely to give men more leeway in the looks department than vice versa. Women will allow you to make it up in other ways, like personality, and of course, money.
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    I have three preferences: I find you attractive, you're respectful, and I don't want to punch you in the face after talking to you a few times. This is hard to come by.

What If I'm into that though?
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    When I was dating I never discriminated by race; I've dated black men, asian, men, white men, latino men. My husband is white. My only criteria was looks; I like good-looking, well-built men :smile:

I dated a few older men but were I to become single again I would not date anyone more than 10 years older or 10 years younger. When I was in my early 20s I dated a man who was 46. He was just 2 years younger than my mom. The generation gap was just too much. PLUS my own parents are 25 years apart and I see how for the younger spouse, you become the caretaker of an elderly person when you are still young-ish.

Height, eh. I prefer tall men, but would not necessarily reject someone short.

Kids, maybe leaning towards no. Very hypocritical of me I suppose because I was a single mom and my husband took on my 2 kids, then we had one together but I think it is very different to be a step-mother than a step-father. My mom was/is a step-mother to my older siblings and just seeing what all she went through with them made me very leery of dating a man with kids. I did date a few men with kids when I was single and one experience was ok, just when we broke up both his daughter and mine were hurt because they had come to think of themselves as sisters. The other guy, he was always ditching his kids to spend time with me and mine so I knew he was a loser dad, he had to go.

Other things: No drug addicts, alcoholics, smokers, low intelligence, uneducated/undereducated, low standards, crazy, jealous/possessive, small-minded, insecure, mean-spirited. No thanks to any of that!
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Another thing, too many divorces are a no-no :noway:

But then again my mom is my dad's 5th wife and they have been married for 44 years now! I'm very glad my mom took a chance :laugh:
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I'm engaged so at this point I'm no longer interested in dating HOWEVER when I did date, I have to be honest and say that I do look for certain qualities...

Absolutely NO DEAD BEATS
    Excellent hygiene is a must
    A job (and if in between jobs must be diligently searching)
    Goals (not only goals but be an achiever whether the goals are immediate or long term)
    Nice teeth
    Not lazy
    And I'll be honest, being a "big girl" I honestly did not aspire to have a "big man". What was my definition of "big" someone much heavier than me and "sloppy" with it. Now if he was a big man and well put together (like Cedric the Entertainer) then I can go with that. If "sloppy", absolutely not. :(
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    I think you have to be a little selective. "dating anyone" does a disservice to you and your worth. I'm sure you have values that you want your partner to have that reflect yours.

I don't think so. Of course I have my limits but I am open to anyone

so you wouldn't date anyone then. there goes the premise.

No, I will date anyone. I am saying I have my limits on how much I could put up with while dating. Premise coming back.

would you date both women and men?
  • bbl2013t
    bbl2013t Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    not at all, its fun! I usually do that and sees where it goes!