bathing suit wearable?

Options

Replies

• PrettyPearl88
    PrettyPearl88 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    For the people suggesting a 1-piece, some of us pear-shaped women have a terrible time finding them to fit both the top and lower parts of the torso while still fitting. It's either too big on top or too small on the bottom.

I can attest to this!

Before I lost the majority of my fat...and before my boobs were enhanced...I was a definite pear and had serious issues with buying a one-piece or even a dress. I had to wear tops with skirts because the tops were always smaller. Finding something that fit the bottom half left extra loose material on top every time for me. I think the only one piece bathing suits that I ever wore when I was a pear shape were made by Speedo because of the way they are cut. But, unless you find those on sale, they are quite pricey when all you wanna do is have a weekend at the beach.

As a pear, I'm going to third all of this lol! One pieces are a HASSLE for pears! Either our boobs slip out because the top half is too big (but the bottom half fits perfect!) or our thighs and butt are exploding out because the bottom is too small (but the top half fits perfectly!). Ughhh! But OP, if you want to do a one piece, I'd recommend getting a two piece tankini with an extra long top part that covers all of the skin on the stomach. It actually looks just like a one piece, but it's REALLY a two piece; a perfect choice for pears! I have a bathing suit like this that I got from JC Penny last summer that's super cute (and super inexpensive too!) It's purple and shimmery, with some blue ruffles and the top part was a corset-like cut. It was adorable! Sadly it doesn't fit any more because I was heavier back then....but then again that's a good thing haha! :laugh:
  • lsmsrbls
    lsmsrbls Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Without violating the forum's rules, I will just politely ask you and everyone else who believes this nonsense to please stop the skinny bashing, and remember that "real women" have 2 X chromosomes, no matter what shape they happen to be!!!!!!!!!!!

Plenty of real women have only one or more than two X-chromosomes as well.

Oh good God, are you really going to nit pick me here???

I would hope you understood the point of what I said without the need to have to say this.................................

I believe I understood the point of what you said -- that the original statement was offensive because it took too narrow a view of who qualifies as a "real woman."

I agree with that sentiment but think that it also applies to your comment.
  • RecoveringSugarAddict
    Options
    I completely get the "scary" feel. It is terrifying to get a bathing suit, I went today and spent 2 hours with no success. I think that if you are comfortable, go for it! Your pretty and should go out in the world!
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    I think you should go up one size.
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I appreciate all the honest answers. I'm going to get more bottoms one size up and see if that helps. I know when you wear stuff too small it really makes you look bigger

I love that you see the comments as constructive, not mean. You are right and you are beautiful.
  • sd0104
    sd0104 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I think the top looks great but the bottom is a little small..if I were you, I would maybe wear a sarong..or get the bottom a little bigger..but if you are comfy wear whatever you like and be confident! :flowerforyou:

This^^^

Congrats on the weight loss! What an AMAZING accomplishment!!!
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Real Women Have Curves!

So much this.

Personally, I like a snug boy short because they manage to make a less than magazine cover @ss look good! I find them to be forgiving and flattering all at the same time.

That being said, wear what YOU like!
    please stop with this 'real women' crap. there are 'real' women who do not have curves i.e. do not have much of a body shape like keira knightly and who are naturally that way. to infer that they are not 'real women' is extremely rude and short sighted.

What is rude and short sighted is to tell a person what their opinion should be. I prefer a woman with curves, so does my hubby. QFT & STFU.
  • cherio256
    cherio256 Posts: 219
    Options
    alright. I went to get a bigger size bottom and they still didnt look good. so I decided to go with this one instead. I think it looks alot better.

4i0lyw.jpg
  • baileybiddles
    baileybiddles Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    alright. I went to get a bigger size bottom and they still didnt look good. so I decided to go with this one instead. I think it looks alot better.

4i0lyw.jpg

This is literally SO MUCH BETTER. You look much slimmer and those bottoms are so flattering on you. Way to go picking out a new suit, girl, stun in this one!
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    The update is VERY cute! Way to go!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

4i0lyw.jpg

Totally this! You look great in it!
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    NOW you're looking good! Maybe pull that top down at the back -if you think of it. You look LOADS slimmer - I envy your waist that goes in - have a great trip! :smile:
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

4i0lyw.jpg

Totally this! You look great in it!

The other one was cute, but I REALLY like this one. Love it actually.

Have fun and congrats on your weight loss so far.
  • juliasays77
    juliasays77 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    The new suit looks awesome! It is so flattering, especially on your waist. I haven't had the nerve to go swimsuit shopping, yet!
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options

4i0lyw.jpg

The new swimsuit looks so pretty! I like it.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Real Women Have Curves!

Mmmm Hmmm.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Are you comfortable in it and will you have a good time wearing it? If yes, then go for it and have fun!

I just saw the black and white one! I like it but only because that is more my style!

Either one will work!
  • Pink_turnip
    Pink_turnip Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I have lost 30 pounds. I am wanting to lose about 20 more. I am going to the beach this weekend and got a new bathing suit today. Is this too scary to wear in public? honest answers please

33ytn3k.jpg

rock that swim suit! you've worked hard!
    If you're happy that's all that matters
  • Pink_turnip
    Pink_turnip Posts: 280 Member
    Options

4i0lyw.jpg

This one looks amazing too :)
  • smtillman2
    smtillman2 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I would get a bathing suit that fits you properly. Not only will you feel more comfortable wearing it but it will make you look smaller if it fits better.

New suit looks super awesome!!!