Isagenix Cleanse for Life

Options

Replies

• tungsten93
    tungsten93 Posts: 76 Member
    Options

Wow, thank you so much for this information. It's no surprise but definitely good to read unbiased info from someone who has no financial gain from Isagenix.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    My trainer is trying to push Isagenix Cleanse for Life on me. I've been telling him for months I'm not interested because of course if you don't eat for 9 days you'll lose weight but who's interested in losing muscle mass???

He claims everyone who's tried it has lost at least 15 lbs of FAT in 9 days and that it has sped up their metabolism. I say that if that were the case it would be FDA approved, all over the news and every doctor in the country would be selling it.

I am NOT going to try it but was wondering if anyone has tried it and agrees with me that it's a gimmick and a waste of money.

Dump your trainer, that's unprofessional and unscientific.
  • barbiek999
    barbiek999 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Dump your trainer, that's unprofessional and unscientific.
    [/quote]

I agree with ^ ! It's not a sustainable approach and it's pretty expensive. Healthy eating is the way to go:)
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    New trainer.

If they are qualified in any way, that just makes it even worse.
  • charlesrunner
    Options
    I do cleanses every 90 days, not that one. Mine is a full body cleanse that cleans out liver, kidney and GI tract. Within 4 days I usually gain energy and feel better. I eat plenty of food and still lose weight. The first one I did about 2 years ago I lost 12 lbs in 10 days. I now average about 6. I went from 234 to 154 in 8 months with other supplements after the cleanses. Had hernia surgery and gained back about 20 lbs, but in 8 days, I am down 10 of those already. I usually fluctuate between 154 and 160 on a given day.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    alkalining your body.

Bwaa ha ha. And you're telling people to do research. What a load of codswallop.

From wiki:
    This proposed mechanism, in which the diet can significantly change the acidity of the blood, goes against "everything we know about the chemistry of the human body" and has been called a "myth" in a statement by the American Institute for Cancer Research.[15] Unlike the pH level in the urine, a selectively alkaline diet has not been shown to elicit a sustained change in blood pH levels, nor to provide the clinical benefits claimed by its proponents
  • jez4ever
    jez4ever Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking the shakes twice a day (for breakfast and late in the evening around 8:30 or 9) since Jan 1, 2013. I've been eating very healthy in between too, and I've lost 8 pounds since Jan 1. Not too much, but I've also lost 3 inches off my waist (Obviously, I am exercising too). Any way, most will probably attribute it to eating healthy and exercising - which is true for the most part. However, I've used lots of different shakes and doing p90x for over a year. I've never had as much energy and stamina as I've had since drinking the isagenix shakes. I give it 2 thumbs up! Of course there is all kinds of other stuff that Isagenix sells too, but I can't really speak for that (I haven't tried it). I am thinking about doing the cleanse though. Just for trying to drop a little more weight. My wife has done it and it isn't a "true cleanse". You still eat. It seems like you basically consume mostly a lot of vitamins and organic healthy stuff for up to 9 or 30 days instead of processed nasty foods.
  • erinpickering12
    erinpickering12 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Someone else might have already answered you. But the 9-day cleanse doesn't mean you don't eat for 9 days straight. The program is built so that you have 4 cleanse days total (This means that you have four cleanse shakes (160 calories total). Then you are supposed to take their Isagenix snacks (6 of them is 90 calories) to support your blood sugar levels if you feel like you need it.

The other days, you are on shake days. These days, you are supposed to be taking a little over 1200 calories. They recommend that you drink half of your weight in water. In my opinion, this is the MOST IMPORTANT part - because your body is resetting itself, so to speak and water is key.

They say that the average results for women is 7-10 pounds lost in the 9 day cleanse and most men lose 10-16 pounds. Of course, each person is different.

But I highly recommend the 9-day cleanse. I lost 12 pounds on it!
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    alkalining your body?

Homer_hedge.gif
  • lindafoggphillips
    Options
    You need to go back and talk to your trainer in more depth about this program. You do not go without food for 9 days. It looks like you may not have understood the program. I am a trainer and I use this program myself. I love it. I have had great success on it as have my clients. It is a very healthy program. My recommendation is to give it a try.
  • Brookej26
    Brookej26 Posts: 1
    Options
    I just started the isagenix 9 day cleanse.. I did all the research and honestly am so happy I found this product. A trainer introduced isagenix to one of my friends that was going into a body building comp that hit a plateau with weight loss and suggested the product that she used. My friend used it and lost fat while keeping lean muscle on her body.
    There are different isagenix product .. One for lean muscle building .. Weight loss.. Performance and energy and healty aging. I am on day 4 which is the last day of the actual "cleanse day " portion of it and I feel great!

How the 9 day cleanse works is that It is actually 11 days( 2 days for prep). 2 first days are shake days where you substitute the shake meal replacement for breakfast and dinner and have a healthy 400-600 cal meal for lunch. They also provide snacks in the package for in between meals. Then you have 2 cleanse days .. This is the liquid portion of this so called "cleanse". I am not going to lie it takes a lot of will power to get thru these days but once you do it's great! You have to distract yourself .. Isagenix is not made for people who have weak will power.
    Then you go back to 5 shake days and the last 2 days are the cleanse days again.

This is to rid the toxins from your body! To help you fight the cravings that you may or may not have, help you live a healthier lifestyle with no perservtives and chemicals in your food.. No it's not for everyone .. And your trainer should not push it on you if your not interested but I would say its something to consider and look into
  • judypriv
    judypriv Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    My cousin did and lost 40 lbs really fast and was really into and pushing other people into it. She lost even more weight and swore by it. That was last summer. I just saw her a few weeks ago and she has gained all the weight back. She went back to eating normally and even more healthy and she still gained it all back in a few months. That's all I know.
  • ron2e
    ron2e Posts: 606
    Options
    Hi There, I can see why you would be turned off by your trainer pushing you to do Isagenix. I've been supplementing with Isagenix for almost 3 years. there IS science behind supplementation. you should do your own research. you can find articles of why water is bad for you. so of course you will find why isagenix is bad for you. it is NOT sold at GNC or walmart. We are a network marketing company. but you can just be a customer. same as going to BJs or Costco. You become a wholesale member and get discounted prices for all products. or i can show you how to get your products for free.. I coach the nutritional cleanse and detox. i personally have done 9day cleanse (which is max 2 days back to back of cleansing once a week for a max of 4 weeks) you eat real food and snack and drink half your body weight in ounces of water. if it doesn't work for you then maybe you didn't follow the recommended program. we have amazing scientists and health advisors on board, including Dr. Bill Andrews and Dr Michael Colgan. it all depends on how you are coached and how you incorporate fitness into your lifestyle. don't believe everything you read online. sometime you need to try it to criticize. since april 2010 i have maintain a FAT loss of over 50lbs, over 50 inches off my body and 15%body fat. started at almost 200lbs and weighed in this morning with my personal trainer at 144! haven't been this weight since i was 15 years old, (i'm 26 now). and there's is science behind your pH level.. if you have fish, ask them what happens when their environment becomes too acidic.. oh yea you can't ask them cause they die! we get SICK when our pH is too acidic.
    done venting :) questions... contact me dkassirer at ventfiness.com

Sorry this is garbage bro-science. Can I remind you that your stomach uses acid to process everything you eat. Quote the properly monitored scientific trials, not personal (or other) anecdotes.
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Hi There, I can see why you would be turned off by your trainer pushing you to do Isagenix. I've been supplementing with Isagenix for almost 3 years. there IS science behind supplementation. you should do your own research. you can find articles of why water is bad for you. so of course you will find why isagenix is bad for you. it is NOT sold at GNC or walmart. We are a network marketing company. but you can just be a customer. same as going to BJs or Costco. You become a wholesale member and get discounted prices for all products. or i can show you how to get your products for free.. I coach the nutritional cleanse and detox. i personally have done 9day cleanse (which is max 2 days back to back of cleansing once a week for a max of 4 weeks) you eat real food and snack and drink half your body weight in ounces of water. if it doesn't work for you then maybe you didn't follow the recommended program. we have amazing scientists and health advisors on board, including Dr. Bill Andrews and Dr Michael Colgan. it all depends on how you are coached and how you incorporate fitness into your lifestyle. don't believe everything you read online. sometime you need to try it to criticize. since april 2010 i have maintain a FAT loss of over 50lbs, over 50 inches off my body and 15%body fat. started at almost 200lbs and weighed in this morning with my personal trainer at 144! haven't been this weight since i was 15 years old, (i'm 26 now). and there's is science behind your pH level.. if you have fish, ask them what happens when their environment becomes too acidic.. oh yea you can't ask them cause they die! we get SICK when our pH is too acidic.
    done venting :) questions... contact me dkassirer at ventfiness.com

"Dr."

I've maintained fat loss over 50lbs just by eating a crapton of steak and cheese and drinking a gallon of diet coke a day. I've also successfully gained muscle in a caloric deficit through long-term recomposition. There's science disproving your product. So pisoff.
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I just started the isagenix 9 day cleanse.. I did all the research and honestly am so happy I found this product.

LOL at all the people with positive reviews having 1 or 2 posts here. All the people who agree that it's not effective have hundreds of posts.
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    What else can I sell? I have this magic water that keeps you hydrated for a few hours....
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    The original post was made in 2012

...and of course some spammer bumped it to try and sell product.

Probably best to not reply to this thread anymore. And yes I see the irony in my post.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    MjAxMi0yMWZlYTU1YjkwM2RhZjUz.png
    I'm starting this one today, anyone want to join? It's free + the price of groceries.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    The original post was made in 2012

...and of course some spammer bumped it to try and sell product.

Probably best to not reply to this thread anymore. And yes I see the irony in my post.

dawww my old account is on the first page.