Coach Potato to 90 Mins on the Elliptical in 68days

Options
I guess I'm kind of patting myself on the back right now. 68 days ago I was fat and lazy, unmotivated, and in poor health. High BP and I'm sure on my way to Cholesterol meds. Everything ached. I'm in my mid 30s 6'3" and I was facing the real possibility that I was going to see 300lbs. I weighed in at 296.

Sitting in a bar 69 nights ago, throwing back as much liquid as I could in as short of a time always seemed like a good idea. Couple this with horrible foot choices late at night and it isn't difficult to understand why the above statements were dead on. One of my friends came in that night, looking remarkably skinnier than before. He told me he had lost 34.4lbs in 8 weeks for a competition at work.. He also clued me in on MFP.

The next morning I woke up, slightly hungover from my exploits the night before. I saw this new app on my phone and had to think about what the heck it was.

I struggled with the thought of change, but hey, if Darryl can do it, why the hell can't I? I jumped on the elliptical that is sitting in my bed room, aka, as clothes rack, and I went gung ho that first day. Honestly, I thought I was going to die and promptly got off at the 3min mark. Sweating, heart beating like nuts, and weak in the legs.

My goal was to add a minute a day to the elliptical. Soon I had reached the 10 minute mark, and with a drastic change in eating and drinking habbits the results were encouraging. I think I had lost like 7lbs. That's great, but I had so far to go. I want to lose 97lbs total to get myself to 199. ****, 7 gone... 90 to go...

As the days turned into weeks, I learned that with the help of MFP and some very supportive friends on here, I could find interesting foods to make or buy. I learned where to cut calories. Who needs mayo and the calories, when you can use all the mustard you want??

So here I am half way to my goal. I've lost 48lbs in 68 days and jogged 8 miles on my elliptical in 90 mins yesterday. I've got 49 to go and I will NOT stop till I get there. Oh and I put on pants today that I haven't been able to wear in 3 or 4 years.

If anyone reading this has any questions, or if you are a Hot Chick and generally want to Flirt, I'm always open to that too :P

NO SODA
NO JUICE DRINKS
NO MEAT
Limited Alcohol
Limited condiments
Limited Carbs
Lots of Seafood
Lots of Veggies
Lots of Nuts
Lots of Fruits

I do try and have my 3 main meals every day, along with snacks in between.

New food that I've tried and I like, olives, mushrooms, tofu, veggie fajitas, Carrot Juice, Almond Milk.

Replies

• nicolej1016
    nicolej1016 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Sorry, not a hot chick here looking to flirt, but just an almost 40 year old married mom of two who wants to say "You ROCK!"

Awesome work!
  • LK115
    LK115 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing fantastic! I too had the same challenges with the ellipitcal. I would feel like I was about to die at the 7-10 minute mark. After a few days though I pushed through it and was able to go for a long time. I kept my exercises at 40 minutes a day for a while until an old knee injury came back to haunt me. I ended up having to sell my elliptical b/c I hated to work on it without the resistance being cranked up all the way like I liked it. I instead now do Zumba on my Xbox, and get out for the occasional hikes. I've lost 25 pounds so far and MFP helped me lose 20 of those with the great trackers and new friends. I have learned so much about what I had been eating that needed to be cut out and what nutritious foods would give me the energy I needed so desprately to keep me off my tail! Keep it up! I have 15 pounds to go and look to get there in the next few months. I wish I could lose as fast as you have!
  • booker2shoes
    booker2shoes Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    also not a "hot chick" flirting. What an amazing transition in such a short time! I stopped eating meat in January, and have found that losing weight is easier (as long as I don't load up on carbs). If you have any recipes, please share!!
  • neilvv
    neilvv Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Absolutely outstanding progress and commitment and you deserve a huge pat on the back.
    To lose 48 Lbs in 68 days is absolutely incredible and takes a hell of a strong mindset to achieve.
    I'm glad to be on your friends list and enjoy seeing your epic daily workout sessions. I'm pretty sure that you will smash that 199 lb goal and then some.
    Great NSV with the "pants"
    Well done and keep up the AMAZING transformation.
  • linalovekitty
    linalovekitty Posts: 187
    Options
    can you elaborate on the "no meat" do you mean no red meat? or no animal meat? and why so?

thanks and congrats, youre motivating me to get up and go work out!
  • kevinindelaware
    kevinindelaware Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Sorry, not a hot chick here looking to flirt, but just an almost 40 year old married mom of two who wants to say "You ROCK!"

Awesome work!

Thanks and I wouldn't sell yourself short :P
  • kevinindelaware
    Options
    also not a "hot chick" flirting. What an amazing transition in such a short time! I stopped eating meat in January, and have found that losing weight is easier (as long as I don't load up on carbs). If you have any recipes, please share!!

My Favs are Cauliflower Crust Pizza, Black Bean Veggie Burgers, and Pad Thai Tofu Veggie Stir Fry. Most recipes are changed each time I make them depending on what is in the fridge. Left over tofu actually scrambles good, like scrambled eggs, just add spinach garlic onion and whatever other veggies you want and some hot sauce. And, Thank You!!
  • kevinindelaware
    Options
    Absolutely outstanding progress and commitment and you deserve a huge pat on the back.
    To lose 48 Lbs in 68 days is absolutely incredible and takes a hell of a strong mindset to achieve.
    I'm glad to be on your friends list and enjoy seeing your epic daily workout sessions. I'm pretty sure that you will smash that 199 lb goal and then some.
    Great NSV with the "pants"
    Well done and keep up the AMAZING transformation.

Neil... Congrats to you as well, you have come so far and I enjoy watching your Epic Workouts. It is very motivational... Thank you for the Support Sir......
  • kevinindelaware
    Options
    can you elaborate on the "no meat" do you mean no red meat? or no animal meat? and why so?

thanks and congrats, youre motivating me to get up and go work out!

I really only struggled with this a few times. I've given up all meat, except for seafood. I miss bacon and cheese steaks the most. I feel if I cut out the meat, it makes making healthy decisions much easier. I also have cut out fried foods, which so often can go with a quick burger or a sub.... etc.

I make sure I get plenty of protein from other foods.

So I guess it just works for me. Glad you are getting moving.... that's really the key. :P
  • roughneckswife
    roughneckswife Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! I started out the same way...nearly dying 5 minutes into my elliptical work out!
  • bateslin
    bateslin Posts: 67
    Options
    awesome job!
  • kmkgurl
    kmkgurl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Wow! Awesome job!I hope im able to do that much on the elliptical soon. Im sure pushing myself. :)
  • butterflyluv1218
    Options
    Great job! Very inspirational!
  • wordena
    wordena Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I've recently decided to go no meat. How was your experience?
  • trinalea
    trinalea Posts: 9
    Options
    No flirting hot chick either...but am amazed at your motivation!!! Nice!!!!!!!!!!!
  • asia_hanebach
    asia_hanebach Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    That's really awesome!! way to go!
  • kevinindelaware
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing fantastic! I too had the same challenges with the ellipitcal. I would feel like I was about to die at the 7-10 minute mark. After a few days though I pushed through it and was able to go for a long time. I kept my exercises at 40 minutes a day for a while until an old knee injury came back to haunt me. I ended up having to sell my elliptical b/c I hated to work on it without the resistance being cranked up all the way like I liked it. I instead now do Zumba on my Xbox, and get out for the occasional hikes. I've lost 25 pounds so far and MFP helped me lose 20 of those with the great trackers and new friends. I have learned so much about what I had been eating that needed to be cut out and what nutritious foods would give me the energy I needed so desprately to keep me off my tail! Keep it up! I have 15 pounds to go and look to get there in the next few months. I wish I could lose as fast as you have!

Looks like you are doing equally as well.. Sorry about the knee, mine bothers me sometimes, but I figured since it is almost zero impact, I just keep pushing. You'll bang out the 15lbs no problem.
  • kevinindelaware
    Options
    Way to go!!! I started out the same way...nearly dying 5 minutes into my elliptical work out!

Awesome loss... Isn't it amazing to find things that weight 40lb and realize that you no longer have to lug it around on your body :P

Keep it up
  • kevinindelaware
    Options
    awesome job!

Thanks
  • kevinindelaware
    Options
    Wow! Awesome job!I hope im able to do that much on the elliptical soon. Im sure pushing myself. :)

Endurance builds up quickly, but it still makes you sweat like crazy. You'll get it!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!