Would you date someone considerably less intelligent?

Options

Replies

• iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    How do you even judge that? I have no clue and have probably been both the smarter and dumber in my relationships. Meh.

If you have no clue you are probably the dumb one. lol JK!

tumblr_m4op5d6hZZ1qhfadgo1_250.gif
    tumblr_m4op5d6hZZ1qhfadgo2_250.gif
    tumblr_m4op5d6hZZ1qhfadgo4_250.gif
    tumblr_m4op5d6hZZ1qhfadgo3_250.gif
  • Dragonnade
    Dragonnade Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    My ex found my intelligence intimidating. And told me so. It didn't work.

Similar level of intelligence; similar interests; similar maturity. Else I will swiftly want to punch the poor chap in the face. Repeatedly.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Well unless I enter into a lesbian relationship, or the BF lets me have a GF, I have no choice they cant help being less intelligent. I think it's that bent Y chromosome.
  • KingElessar
    Options
    If I can't hold a conversation with her about temporal mechanics, theologey or stuff that requires intellect, I lose interest quickly. Only those who push me, hold me in one place.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    How do you even judge that? I have no clue and have probably been both the smarter and dumber in my relationships. Meh.

If you have no clue you are probably the dumb one. lol JK!

tumblr_m4op5d6hZZ1qhfadgo1_250.gif
    tumblr_m4op5d6hZZ1qhfadgo2_250.gif
    tumblr_m4op5d6hZZ1qhfadgo4_250.gif
    tumblr_m4op5d6hZZ1qhfadgo3_250.gif

Yeah, make fun of Hoder but did you see his nude scene? That negates the IQ factor right there.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I think "intelligence," in a lot of ways, is both misunderstood and overrated. There are many different types of intelligence, or a person can have a great deal of giftedness in a particular area, but totally handicapped in another. Some of the most intellectually gifted people can barely cope with life outside of a book.

I have to say I value character above anything else. If a guy is kind, sweet, funny and hard worker (all characteristics I value), then I might be very happy with him, even if his intellect isn't exactly stunning.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    How "considerably" are we talking about here? I'd like to believe that I'm not too hung up on the whole "who's smarter?" concept these days, but the line must be drawn somewhere.

For example, I knew a girl who once got excited about a kitten, realized that it was male, and actually said "I thought only male cats could have male kittens."

She wasn't joking.

LMAO! A friend in another department told us a story the other day about a lady who called in and was angry because she had put the address into her GPS to find the office and ended up in the middle of nowhere. When my friend asked what address she had put in the lady said "P.O. Box 2345." :laugh: :laugh:
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    I love every post in here that says 'no' but is riddled with rudimentary grammatical inaccuracy.
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't date someone that I couldn't have an intelligent conversation with.

Intelligence is hot.

QFT
  • Matt24442
    Matt24442 Posts: 324
    Options
    I love every post in here that says 'no' but is riddled with rudimentary grammatical inaccuracy.

u no wat? I wouldnt date u either
  • ldrosophila
    Options
    I married a cheerleader..... Nuff said.

Meaning you married her for the hours of conversation and her ability to debate politics?
  • jobean12
    jobean12 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Couldn't do it. I would get bored.
  • BL_Mark
    BL_Mark Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    sometimes it feels like my wife did....
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

grammar-nazi2_zps54b351d0.jpg

This is just my defense mechanism kicking in just in case my post fit into that category.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

But I'm white, so none of that matters anyway. :wink:
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Either everyone on this message board is intelligent, or too dumb to know they aren't.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna admit, my husband did... but I'm not stupid.
  • ldrosophila
    Options
    Date? Maybe.

Bang? Yes.

Marry? No.

Oh I wouldnt bang then you could reproduce stupid progeny and you would lower the IQ of the gene pool. Think before you bang people thats a bigger responsibility to the future of human beings than marriage.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    So, when you say less intelligent what does this require?
    Someone who can't solve a crossword puzzle in the Sunday paper?
    Someone that's not intellectually stimulating?
    Someone who doesn't think through a decision and buys a new pair of shoes, even tho they are broke?
    Cant recite the Declaration of Independence?
    Someone who cant name the 50 States of America?
    Someone who cant follow along with Jepordy?
    Not good with computers?
    Or are you talking about someone with no thought process?
    That cant contribute to a conversation?
    Agrees with everything you say?
  • Kpablo
    Kpablo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    No. Being intelligent is very sexy to me and it makes me work my own mind.