INSANE in the MEMBRANE!! (INSANITY GROUP)

Options

Replies

• brentbarrie
    brentbarrie Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    #1 rule about progress within Insanity: Tape Measure, not Scale.
  • charleboiss3
    Options
    Hey all!

Insanity Day #1-completed Fit Test this morning...holy frig am I ever out of shape! Still feeling the burn, hours later and have the shaky legs. :)

How do you all track your insanity exercise on myfitnesspal to get an accurate reading??

Track as in what? Calories burned? HRM (Heart Rate Monitor). I recommend the Polar FT7 but have heard others talking about the F4 also.

Just in general tracking, how many calories burned...even if its approximate readings. Will look into HRM. Thanks. :)
  • meagank28
    meagank28 Posts: 52
    Options
    I just got my Insanity. I am starting the 27th. Fit test will be done on Sunday the 26th. I am sooooo commited!
  • brentbarrie
    brentbarrie Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

Insanity Day #1-completed Fit Test this morning...holy frig am I ever out of shape! Still feeling the burn, hours later and have the shaky legs. :)

How do you all track your insanity exercise on myfitnesspal to get an accurate reading??

Track as in what? Calories burned? HRM (Heart Rate Monitor). I recommend the Polar FT7 but have heard others talking about the F4 also.

Just in general tracking, how many calories burned...even if its approximate readings. Will look into HRM. Thanks. :)

Yeah, only way you will really get accurate readings. You cant really stop for 15 seconds in the middle of your Insanity workout to check your heart rate. HRM is the only way that I know of to accurately determine calories burned. I wouldnt trust any machine at the gym to give you the stats either.
  • obrien821
    obrien821 Posts: 215
    Options
    Im starting month 2 today, anyone else? Add me :)

Awesome, Brent!! How are you liking your results so far? Do you find that you have more endurance and can keep going a bit longer than month 1? And welcome to our team!
  • obrien821
    Options
    Hey all!

I agree with Brent here. The only way you'll truly know is by getting an hrm; the polar FT4 or 7 (a lot like those 2) or a fitbit zip. That's the only way to truly know how many calories you are burning!
  • obrien821
    Options
    Hey all!

If you're speaking in general, it helps if you google how many calories burned during Insanity and find someone with your same built (height/weight). That will help you determine an average of what you burn.
  • obrien821
    Options
    I just got my Insanity. I am starting the 27th. Fit test will be done on Sunday the 26th. I am sooooo commited!

Yay! Glad you are here MeganK28!! Can't wait to see what your results will be! Remember, take measurements and do not jump on a scale!! So excited you'll be joining us!!
  • HPLW0705
    HPLW0705 Posts: 102
    Options
    I'm starting my 3rd week today. Took my 2nd fit test last night, definitely improved! The program hurts and there are days I want to quit, but so far it has been so worth it! Lost three inches in my waist alone. I don't do the nutrition plan, I just don't have time to be that dedicated to it, but I don't eat poorly on my own (most of the time). This is my first time attempting to do the actual routine...I have done some of the dvds out of order and definitely didn't really keep up with it. So far, so good! Some of the workouts are awful and I feel like I'm forcing myself through the movements...I'm not going to sugar coat it, it's hard! I have never regretted completing the workout, so in the end, it's a good feeling.
  • meagank28
    meagank28 Posts: 52
    Options
    I have taken my measurements. I took before pics also. LOL. Using this week to get used to the nutrition plan. Thanks! Ya'll can add me if you like.
  • mfleeg
    mfleeg Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    i'm on day 37 max interval plyo tonight. :)
  • obrien821
    Options
    I'm starting my 3rd week today. Took my 2nd fit test last night, definitely improved! The program hurts and there are days I want to quit, but so far it has been so worth it! Lost three inches in my waist alone. I don't do the nutrition plan, I just don't have time to be that dedicated to it, but I don't eat poorly on my own (most of the time). This is my first time attempting to do the actual routine...I have done some of the dvds out of order and definitely didn't really keep up with it. So far, so good! Some of the workouts are awful and I feel like I'm forcing myself through the movements...I'm not going to sugar coat it, it's hard! I have never regretted completing the workout, so in the end, it's a good feeling.

You are exactly right. These workouts are no joke and meant to work you to the core! However, once you complete it you feel like a million bucks! You've had some awesome progress with this! WTG!! I don't know anyone who can get through these program w/o taking a break. But progress is key!! Thanks for the motivation!! I'm sure there are others here who love hearing this kind of stuff.
  • obrien821
    Options
    i'm on day 37 max interval plyo tonight. :)

Hey, great job keeping up with it! How are you liking it so far? Seen any results so far?
  • obrien821
    Options
    #1 rule about progress within Insanity: Tape Measure, not Scale.

I cannot stress how TRUE this is!!! And be sure to do it before you start the program! You will be amazed at the results!!
  • Mindochka
    Mindochka Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Fit Test on the schedule for today! Woot woot!
  • obrien821
    Options
    Hello to everyone that has just joined!!

Glad to have you on board.

I will be sending you buddy requests, and asking you to talk a little bit about your motivations, obstacles etc. I look forward to getting to know you more.

Make sure to post your fit test results after you take it! Talk a little bit about what was good for you, and what was hard. The more we are honest with ourselves, the more we can surpass obstacles and be successful.

What is your reason for taking on the Insanity Challenge?

(also, don't forget to join the facebook group if that is easier for you )
  • obrien821
    Options
    Fit Test on the schedule for today! Woot woot!

Yay!! Let us know how it went! Welcome aboard!
  • valerieberk
    valerieberk Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am ready to COMMIT! Currently on my 4th day of week 1 of Insanity. I did 2 weeks of P90X Lean prior to this, and I have to say, I prefer Insanity. After these first few days, I am really sore in my legs. I will have to try your suggestion of more water obrien821. I would also like to join your facebook group.
  • kjbrown114
    kjbrown114 Posts: 12
    Options
    Day 38 down... I felt great after the 45 min workout, but back to sore again... I hate, I mean love this program... Sorry I was thinking out loud. Dig deeper!
  • tc41586
    tc41586 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Fit test results:

switch kicks 44
    power jacks 38
    power knees 60
    power jumps 19
    globe jumps 6
    suicide jumps 9
    push up jacks 17
    low plank oblique 19

I am a sweaty mess! If I knew how to post pics... I would share it with all of you.