Corset/ Waist training

Options

Replies

• bleedingdesu
    bleedingdesu Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mkux8ylGjO1qd3smpo1_1280.jpg

Here's one of my corsets. pardon the fact that the sun seems to be dissolving my arm on the left, my webcam is really bad with bright lights and there was a window behind me.
  • helpfit101
    helpfit101 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I thought I had made my way to the wrong website. Corset/waist training sounds like bondage to me! haha
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I love corsets, and am excited that my size is going down. They look great with my body shape.
  • hludwig980
    hludwig980 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bleedingdesu
    Options
    To any of you interested in corsets, feel free to ask me questions. I've been doing it for a while, and I know how to get you fitted into an off the rack corset, as well as find one within your price range.
  • JessieJanie
    JessieJanie Posts: 428
    Options
    I have quite a few corsets, but I make my own. I don't know that they've made my waist any smaller though...
  • Maryt1961
    Maryt1961 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    How do you fit for the corsets that are off the rack, what do you wear under it?

To any of you interested in corsets, feel free to ask me questions. I've been doing it for a while, and I know how to get you fitted into an off the rack corset, as well as find one within your price range.
    [/quote]
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Off the rack corsets are generally fitted to your waist measurement. Standard rule is that you would wear a corset 4 inches smaller than your natural waist (For example, I have a 25 inch waist, and I wear a 20 inch corset because my insides are extra squishy and i only have one kidney). It's best to try on different styles. If your breasts are bigger or smaller than average, you'd be better off getting one that fits underbust. Long line corsets are better for the tall or long waisted. There should be a gap of about 2 inches of leeway when you first close it, so you have somewhere to go when your body adapts. Modesty panels are wonderful if you aren't going to wear much underneath. You can wear everything or nothing under it, depending on the corset and the situation!
  • endlesswonderr
    endlesswonderr Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted to waist train! I am constantly checking thrift stores hoping that I can find the right corset, but of course I never have luck. The only few places that seem to sell them are the goth stores downtown, and they go for 150+dollars. way out of my price range. :(
    one day I would very much like to try it, though. I have friends who have and they've had great results. :)
  • Maryt1961
    Options
    I've always wanted to waist train! I am constantly checking thrift stores hoping that I can find the right corset, but of course I never have luck. The only few places that seem to sell them are the goth stores downtown, and they go for 150+dollars. way out of my price range. :(
    one day I would very much like to try it, though. I have friends who have and they've had great results. :)

There are a couple online stores that aren't in that price range....not sure on quality, but a couple people here have commented that they are pretty good quality
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I've made, and worn a steel-boned corset.

I'll take running and strength training over that, thanks.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options

if they are less $ than that, they are unlikely to have enough bones in them to do the job.
  • soundasleepx
    Options
    Ahhh why have I just found this thread!

a2ao0j.jpg

I have steel boned ones as well. Don't wear them as much since putting on weight though :(
  • BioMechHeretic
    BioMechHeretic Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Have spent hours of my life lacing up goth girlfriends into corsets haha, gotta love them!

It is truly amazing to see a girl's body shape actually permanently change after so many months/years of wearing them consistently.

Real steel boned or it's pointless, waist training has to be done with steel, those little plastic jokes that Victoria's Secret and the like sell don't do a thing
  • soundasleepx
    Options
    I hate the plastic ones. Especially when it's that really awful plastic that actually bends when you bend over and sticks in the bent shape. Useless!
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I really want to get into wearing corsets! Are you able to wear them under clothing without it being obvious?
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • gr8pillock
    gr8pillock Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I have always had a pretty decent collection of simple corsets, nothing impressive yet. I wanted to get to my goal weight before investing in something for more than visual appeal. Now, I'm close and would love something with steel boning, made for me specifically. :)
  • Maryt1961
    Options
    Off the rack corsets are generally fitted to your waist measurement. Standard rule is that you would wear a corset 4 inches smaller than your natural waist (For example, I have a 25 inch waist, and I wear a 20 inch corset because my insides are extra squishy and i only have one kidney). It's best to try on different styles. If your breasts are bigger or smaller than average, you'd be better off getting one that fits underbust. Long line corsets are better for the tall or long waisted. There should be a gap of about 2 inches of leeway when you first close it, so you have somewhere to go when your body adapts. Modesty panels are wonderful if you aren't going to wear much underneath. You can wear everything or nothing under it, depending on the corset and the situation!

Which store for off rack do you use?
  • bleedingdesu
    Options
    I've made, and worn a steel-boned corset.

I'll take running and strength training over that, thanks.
    running strength and waist training/corset wearing in general are NOT mutually exclusive.