bathing suit wearable?

Options

Replies

• Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but I agree!
    I think you should wear it. It looks good on you, and bikinis shouldn't be reserved to women with perfect bodies.
    Sorry, but I respectfully disagree. I think you'd look better in a one piece. Enjoy your trip!
    [/quote]
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I agree!!
    alright. I went to get a bigger size bottom and they still didnt look good. so I decided to go with this one instead. I think it looks alot better.

4i0lyw.jpg

This one looks amazing too :)
    [/quote]
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Love your new suit cute polka dots rock on :)not to be wierd but your booty looks great in the boyshorts,Im thinking I nay go that route too since your body is kind of like mine.

oh and I lost 25 so far and have 16 to lose so similair to your wieght loss too.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    In bathing suits, less is more. Wear less.
  • Uselessly_Irrelevant
    Uselessly_Irrelevant Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    alright. I went to get a bigger size bottom and they still didn't look good. so I decided to go with this one instead. I think it looks a lot better.

This one is great! It flatters your physique - it's very feminine and it fits you so much better.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    alright. I went to get a bigger size bottom and they still didnt look good. so I decided to go with this one instead. I think it looks alot better.

4i0lyw.jpg

Oh My god! I love it. I love a thread update. Hope your hubby loves this suit in the interim, until you're ready for something else. I think it looks darling on you! Love the polka dots and the coverage. It's like retro-ey and super hot. Wonderful choice.

ETA: Now, I feel like swimsuit shopping. Never thought I'd hear myself say that, but that cute number really inspires me. I think last years suit still fits though, I should go try it on.
  • jade14b
    jade14b Posts: 22
    Options
    Both suits are cute! I actually liked the cut/shape of the first one better and agree that it just needed a couple of sizes up. Anyway, the new one looks great too but I feel like you got shamed into wearing a full coverage one piece : / You even look less happy in the second pic...

I am surpised by is the sentiment in this forum that you need to be perfectly skinny, and 100% pudge free to wear a bikini. News Flash! Bikinis come in large sizes because people can wear whatever the hell they want. Plenty of plus sized women wear full on string bikini's and feel plenty confident. Sure some people might give them the side eye, but obviously they feel happy and could not care less. I guess I just don't agree with a rule that says you CAN'T show midriff unless your tummy looks like X or you HAVE to wear a sarong if your thighs look like Z. Because no...you don't. Some silouettes more socially acceptable for certain body types and others can be more slimming but in the end, do what makes YOU ffeel sexy. Eff everyone else.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Both suits are cute! I actually liked the cut/shape of the first one better and agree that it just needed a couple of sizes up. Anyway, the new one looks great too but I feel like you got shamed into wearing a full coverage one piece : / You even look less happy in the second pic...

I am surpised by is the sentiment in this forum that you need to be perfectly skinny, and 100% pudge free to wear a bikini. News Flash! Bikinis come in large sizes because people can wear whatever the hell they want. Plenty of plus sized women wear full on string bikini's and feel plenty confident. Sure some people might give them the side eye, but obviously they feel happy and could not care less. I guess I just don't agree with a rule that says you CAN'T show midriff unless your tummy looks like X or you HAVE to wear a sarong if your thighs look like Z. Because no...you don't. Some silouettes more socially acceptable for certain body types and others can be more slimming but in the end, do what makes YOU ffeel sexy. Eff everyone else.

but she tried the couple sizes up and didn't like it? also she or someone said that not wearing the bottoms super tight could cause slippage and that just doesn't sound comfortable or secure. Also the triangle shapes on the other one were unbalancing her figure, and this shape and pattern just look more balanced. Even if the bottom were smaller this effect would still be the same due to the shape of the cute top and the fit of it. These tricks are something fashion people tell women about to balance their figures out and draw attention to the most flattering areas. In her case while her shoulders looked very nice and feminine in the other suit it was clear she was not comfortable with the fit of the bottoms, and she should go for the full package and I think this one does it for her. She looks pretty overall and that's what a good suit can do for you. It's not about the extra material, it's about the extra care in choosing the pattern and cut. I think she does look sexy in this suit because...ummm look at her butt! I hope I didn't contribute to any shaming by applauding her second choice but I do feel it's an improvement on the first which would have been fine for her to wear but this one is just way nicer looking and even cuter, just as a suit, no matter who's in it, IMO.
  • Danni3ll3
    Danni3ll3 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    The second one looks so good on you that I caught myself saying out loud to the computer: "That one looks MUCH better!" You totally rock that black and white one! Excellent choice!
  • rockymtnlove
    rockymtnlove Posts: 215
    Options
    if you feel comfortable, you should wear it! The top is definitely cute. i have super wide hips and ALWAYS have to get bottoms that tie because the ones like that that aren't adjustable just pinch in way too much and make me look more bulgy. Tie sides are nice because you can loosen them or tighten them until it fits perfectly
  • crystalweekes
    crystalweekes Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    it looks great on you and it fits your current body type...very appropriate
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Mychocolatediet said it much better than I could. For me it has nothing to do with showing midriff vs not. I was almost hestitant to voice my opinion of this one in fear of her thinking that but I genuinely liked the suit a lot.

I really don't think the majority of people told her to wear a one piece at all. I hope she didn't feel shamed.
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    The first suit-The top looks great on you, very flattering. The bottoms look a little too small, not as flattering. You don't look horrifying by any means :)

The polka dot suit-Amazing!!! You look so much smaller!! Definitely wear this one :)
  • cherio256
    cherio256 Posts: 219
    Options
    I am not offended by any comments. when I bought the first one I did feel good in at (at first). It seems like a picture and mirror tell me different stories and when I saw pics I was like "yikes!!!". maybe I was jumping the gun going with a bottom like that. I have not wore a bottom like that in many years. Like I said, even the bigger size didnt really do it for me. I need to work on inner thighs and tummy more to feel comfortable in that type of bottoms. I feel alot more comfortable in the new one. Granted my husband wants me to show more skin, I'm just not ready. (not in public places anyways :)
  • Bonny619
    Bonny619 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the black and white. You do look a few sizes smaller in the new bathing suit too...not that it matters but you do!
  • dpollet2
    dpollet2 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    The polka dot bathing suit is so cute! Where did you get it??
  • onlythetancan
    Options
    I like the top but I prefer boy shorts or skirts on the bottom.

^^ this
  • onlythetancan
    Options
    oh just saw your new bathing suit, this one is so much nicer :)
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    um the back looks good
    the front from that peice of stomach hanging down annsd the rest look kind of bad
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Top looks good, need skort or boy short bottoms and it will look great. I am being honest.