Anyone done Slim Fast?

Options
Hey, anyone tried slim fast or similar diets? What do you think of them and are they worth it? I know most of them are like "crash diets" or are supposed to be good for short term diets. Just curious about them and if anyone has any thoughts.

Replies

• camper2022
    camper2022 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have some at home.....not bad if your totally in a pinch but really eating a healthy meal is way more satifying than just a "liquid lunch". My intentions are good to start but don't really because its ony drinking and not eatting. I don't reccomend it!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    no. Just use this app/website as it's designed. There's no point in doing it. Why pay more for that when you can have real food, at a reasonable deficit, lose weight, and not have to choke down godawful shakes?

The forums have been full of people that sign up for this website, then hit the forums for shortcuts/jumpstarters/kickstarters/cheats...

You'll see a dozen accounts with 2 forums posts, that have been around for maybe a week... and they're asking what shortcuts are available or how the community feels about them. Sure, it's just my .02, but you're here.. you've already signed up for the best tool you can use. Track your intake, eat back your ex. calories, and just be patient. This is a marathon, OP, not a sprint.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    they aren't good for the short term or any term and aren't filling at all.
    real food. calorie deficit. you don't need to waste your money.
  • Remo_Williams
    Options
    Slim Fast is basically a sugar drink. It will make your insulin spike pretty bad, I wouldn't recommend it. If you want a meal replacement, look for something with a slower-digesting protein that will keep you full.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I used to use Slim Fast but I switched to Atkins. I only use them once in awhile when I am in a hurry and want a quick breakfast so I don't go out on an empty stomach.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Yes. Never worked, always hungry. Screw that.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Not as a diet no. I do however like Target diet shakes (milk chocolate) as breakfast sometimes if I am in a hurry. They taste good and keep my vitamins from upsetting my stomach.
  • mrstravisjones
    mrstravisjones Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    i have done them and the special k shakes for breakfast options before. it is a quick and easy option to grab on the way out the door. i'm sure there are better and more filling things you can choose for your meal option, but i enjoyed the convenience, and honestly, they taste good. as long as i didn't gulp it down and took my time with it, it would keep me full for about 3hrs.
  • lacey1d
    lacey1d Posts: 4
    Options
    My doctor put me on slim fast for the iron after having my kids, I was anemic. I always just used it as a quick breakfast , my stomach gets upset if I eat a heavy breakfast. Anyways I'm using it a little more now that I'm trying to loose weight. I love how it taste I recommend getting the powder not the ready to go , tastes a lot better and little more healthy too. I find it keeps me full .
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I drink a shake every now and then for breakfast if I'm in a hurry and don't have time for anything else. But there's no way I would do the slimfast diet. The shakes don't keep me full for very long, and they don't contain very much protein. The only reason the diet works in the first place is because it creates a calorie deficit, which you can definitely do by eating real food.
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I have drunk SlimFast, way back in they day, and found they made my thirsty for another one, and didn't fill me up, so I was drinking 2 of them. Kinda defeated the purpose, really. I know the Myoplex shakes from EAS years ago were really good, and they filled you up for a few hours, but I haven't had them in several years, not since they came pre-made.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I used it before a few years ago, lost 12lbs and kept it off when I went to just eating a reduced calorie diet afterward. Is it healthy? Well that is dependent on what you are eating currently, but the diet is based off calorie reduction which limits you to 1200 calories. It was good for me when I was working and going to school full time as I didn't have a lot of time to worry about nutrition and cooking and dishes. But longterm, I wouldn't do it. I did it for a bit over a month and was happy with my weight loss. However. I was unable to exercise at the time due to injury so it was enough calories for me I felt at the time.
  • jess_1993
    jess_1993 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I used the bars a couple of times for lunch which were delicious but sadly not filling :/
  • AspiringPinkPinUp
    Options
    Slimfast is bad! Talk about a glass of sugar! :noway:
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    no. Just use this app/website as it's designed. There's no point in doing it. Why pay more for that when you can have real food, at a reasonable deficit, lose weight, and not have to choke down godawful shakes?

The forums have been full of people that sign up for this website, then hit the forums for shortcuts/jumpstarters/kickstarters/cheats...

You'll see a dozen accounts with 2 forums posts, that have been around for maybe a week... and they're asking what shortcuts are available or how the community feels about them. Sure, it's just my .02, but you're here.. you've already signed up for the best tool you can use. Track your intake, eat back your ex. calories, and just be patient. This is a marathon, OP, not a sprint.

This..............
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Don't buy that highly processed chemical soup. Instead, drink highly processed chemical soup with high protein. LOL
  • 1dianeyo
    1dianeyo Posts: 4
    Options
    I have used them on/off. I am currently using some various ones. I am not a breakfast eater and this has helped me. I have been using the SlimFast, and also from GNC shakes. There is also Herbalife, Cookies and Cream. I drink have them in the the morning and have been trying to have in afternoon. I can keep you posted.
  • onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I haven't done a diet with it, but I remember when I was a little kid, my mom used to bring those meal replacement bars for herself, and there was one in particular- Oatmeal Raisin, lots of sugar now that I look back on it >.< but YUM! I used to eat those after school sometimes, haha. Certainly didn't keep me full for long for sure. So I don't think it's useful as a meal replacement really. Just my opinion though.
  • Kanohane
    Kanohane Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    It worked for me, and I thought the shakes tasted really good...As long as you don't splurge after the diet you'll be fine :)
    And fyi...it is waaaaay faster than regular dieting since its liquid
  • indygiggy
    indygiggy Posts: 5
    Options
    I wouldn't advise it. That stuff is packed full of so much crap. My own personal opinion on weight loss is a well rounded healthy diet. Eating clean foods is key. Additives and preservatives make it difficult to lose weight. If you want to do shakes and stuff like that invest in some super foods. It's expensive but you can mix them with Juice, water, milk, almond milk, shakes, smoothies, etc... and they are packed full of the good stuff you need. Hope this helps.