Why are my MFP friends so unsupportive?

Options

Replies

• Meg_Shirley_86
    Meg_Shirley_86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Because you touch yourself at night!

Buahahahahah! You sassy!
    Seriously though, I only comment once in a while on my friends' statuses. This is for a couple reasons: 1) I know them personally and see or talk to them often, so there is no need to post it on the site, and 2) Because I use MFP a bit selfishly. I like to use it to keep informed on people's opinions, and to try to learn recipes and gain inspiration, and to track. It just gets a bit redundant. Maybe a smaller circle of friends you actually communicate with would be more vocal about their support than a larger group. I have been very happy with what I am eating and haven't tracked as well as I would like, so kudos to you for tracking. It can be tedious for someone like me who makes just about everything at home and has to assemble a whole recipe ingredient by ingredient in MFP to track each meal, and I struggle there ( though I am maintaining very very well with a baby due July 7!)
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Do you post a congrats when they accomplish something?

I would if they didn't eat poptarts and ice cream every day! And so much sugar! How is that an accomplishment? I have yet to see one of them do a proper cleanse!

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You have seriously made my day! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • bannedword
    bannedword Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    00498622.jpg
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    .Well,they've all touched my crotch area at one time or another..

How the people who's friend request you've denied feel after this comment.
    tumblr_mbak3xDC0q1rgxdhwo1_500_zpsd0eba47e.gif
    Let them in Iulia.
  • karmabear06
    karmabear06 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I would suggest deleting the friends who are just weighing you down. I personally have very supportive friends. Sometimes it can really be too much but I won't complain because they are doing exactly what I want them to. Not because I made them feel pity on me but because they genuinely want me to succeed just I want them to.
  • Just_Alyssa
    Just_Alyssa Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I finished logging for the day, and I only got 2 WTG's from my friends. Only 2! I have 108 friends!!

Why aren't they all congratulating me on eating? I think I need new friends...

Posting on someones eating habits daily is not something I would expect from my FL??? When I or even when they do something awesome like lose weight, have a great work out day, have reached a log in day milestone, that is when I like to see a positive post. You really cannot expect your fl to post daily, if you really need that, tell your fl that is what you need, I am sure they will either post daily or remove themselves. Good luck with your goals, and keep up the good work.

I don't think she meant this as serious as you think she meant it.

In my head this came out as a Princess Bride quote: "You keep saying that. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Inconceivable!
  • neretete
    neretete Posts: 30
    Options
    Two words.

Naked photos sent to me.

That is more like 4 words.
    Five sir. Five words.

4 words. To doesn't count, as it is an abjective.

"to" does count as a word. And it's a preposition, not an adjective!
  • Bernadette60614
    Bernadette60614 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Do you post a congrats when they accomplish something?

I would if they didn't eat poptarts and ice cream every day! And so much sugar! How is that an accomplishment? I have yet to see one of them do a proper cleanse!

Then, it sounds as if you have a lot of "friends" who aren't likely to support you or you them. There is nothing wrong with unfriending your current group, and finding friends who are more supportive (and whom you can support.)
  • GallwayGrl
    GallwayGrl Posts: 60
    Options
    So, you did what you were supposed to do and expect everyone to interrupt their day to acknowledge it..welcome to real life

/sarcasm

SO AGREE
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    The photo of you is beautiful........so, maybe people are jealous.
    OMG!!! You are probably right!
  • DannyMcCaffrey
    DannyMcCaffrey Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Because self-entitlement and neediness are real turn offs to people you've never actually met?

*Edit : I looked into your comments, etc Ms. Do you have any neglect, abuse in your history or were particularly spoiled in your youth? Because you probably have a Narcissistic Personality Disorder. This won't make sense to you, because you're most likely a Narcissist, and don't care, or think I'm/they're "just jealous" etc.

But, your life would be a lot less complicated if you learned how to keep your self absorption from affecting others, because it very much does. However the outlook for NPD is extremely bleak.

I wouldn't pay this girl any mind guys. Giving a Narcissist attention, good or bad, is like giving a quenchless vampire your blood. One thinks it will make a difference, but It won't, they just move on to new sources of attention ie; "Narcissistic Supply".
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Two words.

Naked photos sent to me.

That is more like 4 words.
    Five sir. Five words.

4 words. To doesn't count, as it is an abjective.

"to" does count as a word. And it's a preposition, not an adjective!

Statement is accurate. "Naked photos sent to me." is much more like 4 words than 2.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    time for new friends,
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
  • wolfpack77
    wolfpack77 Posts: 655
    Options
    I have nothing supportive to add here.
  • MaydayParadeGirl
    MaydayParadeGirl Posts: 190 Member
    Options

Every time you post somethign all I can think is that you're some ridiculous 'valley girl' whose only actually herre to get compliments and ****. I hope you delete them all and then you can go into the real world adn realize that no one is going to pop out of your ****ing fridge and go "GOOD JOB ON THAT SALAD YOU ATE". Get.Over.It
  • iulia_maddie
    Options
    Because self-entitlement and neediness are real turn offs to people you've never actually met.

Z2ZzvoX.gif
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Because self-entitlement and neediness are real turn offs to people you've never actually met.

Z2ZzvoX.gif

Ahhh. That's better.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

Every time you post somethign all I can think is that you're some ridiculous 'valley girl' whose only actually herre to get compliments and ****. I hope you delete them all and then you can go into the real world adn realize that no one is going to pop out of your ****ing fridge and go "GOOD JOB ON THAT SALAD YOU ATE". Get.Over.It

Wait... I need to stop popping out of her fridge??

DAMNIT!
  • iulia_maddie
    Options

Wait... I need to stop popping out of her fridge??

DAMNIT!
    nekkid.