30th time I have caught my husband stealing my pain meds!

Options
BreeNJesse
BreeNJesse Posts: 150 Member
And lying about it! I started counting my pills because I was running out of them quicker than I could get them prescribed and honestly thought it was me. I am at the end of my rope with the lying and stealing. Who does that? There is no trust! I know this is supposed to be all happy cheery crap all the time but I'm having a WAY heavy day. I think I'm divorcing him.

Replies

• BreeNJesse
    Options
    I live this life of good karma and want to raise my kids the same. What does that say about me staying with someone who lies and steals?
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    He's a drug addict, liar and a thief. Makes sense to me.
  • Excuse_less
    Excuse_less Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    A drug addict will lie and steal because they can't help it. He needs help.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else.
  • BreeNJesse
    Options
    To clear up no I'm not a drug addict, I have 4 herniated discs in my neck and I am severe chronic pain with chronic migraine. So yes, I do have pain meds to help me through my really bad days, but an addict no!
  • geekette411
    geekette411 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    My first husband was like that. When my oldest was 16 he asked 'why are you with him?' His step dad is someone he can look up to.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I live this life of good karma and want to raise my kids the same. What does that say about me staying with someone who lies and steals?

Get him help. In the meantime, keep the pills hidden and/or locked away.

After a full page of responses, it seems odd I'd be the first person to suggest this. ^^ Seems pretty obvious to me...
  • hannahpistolas
    hannahpistolas Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Keep them locked up!

He needs help! But remember, just because you married him does NOT mean you have to be the one to save him.
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Put them under lock and key, then kick him to the curb. He can go find help for his addiction on his own. You don't need a man who cares so little for you that he will steal the medication you NEED.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options

It says you did something to deserve it? 'Cause Karma ..
  • hellraisedfire
    hellraisedfire Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    he needs help. he's either taking them because he's in pain himself, or he likes the high. both require some assistance if you want him not to do that. :/
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I lived on Vicodin and other pain meds for many years...2003-2008...in that time I discovered just how addictive pain medication is.

I suggest getting him some help, and removing the pain medication or putting them in a lockbox that only you know the combo to. It may not stop him (if he really wants he can break into the lock box), but it will drive the point home that aren't his for the taking.
  • geekette411
    Options
    Put them under lock and key, then kick him to the curb. He can go find help for his addiction on his own. You don't need a man who cares so little for you that he will steal the medication you NEED.

What they said :-)
  • btoeps74
    btoeps74 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    As the saying goes, "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice (or 30 times) shame on me". Not placing blame on you but you should've hid them long ago.
  • caseyg9888
    caseyg9888 Posts: 36
    Options
    I think most importantly, why are you asking strangers in an online weight loss forum what you should do with your husband/marriage? Seriously?!
  • jgollnick
    jgollnick Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I imagine that the type of pills you have are some sort of opiate like oxy contin or oxy codone. I am very serious about this subject because I have 2 siblings and a son that are addicted to pain pills. They are highly addictive. They are a very difficult to break the habit. The addiction can completely change your personality. Your husband needs professional help. That should be your area of focus, not divorcing because of his lies and stealing. Although I do understand your anger, know that he is not in control of what he is doing. This is your life partner we are talking about. If you love him you should help him, not shun him.
  • BeinAwesome247
    BeinAwesome247 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    wow....I can't imagine - you can't live that way
  • Samenamenewlook
    Samenamenewlook Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I work in substance abuse and prescriptions are more commonly abused than most illicit drugs. Confront him and see if you can get him some help. If not, I wouldn't stay in that environment, it only gets worse. Take care of you and your babies. I'm so sorry you have to go through this.
  • geekette411
    Options
    I think most importantly, why are you asking strangers in an online weight loss forum what you should do with your husband/marriage? Seriously?!

Because we are awesome.
This discussion has been closed.