When do you work out?

Options
2»

Replies

• Coquette6
    Coquette6 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I can't work out on an empty stomach, I just don't have any energy and I feel sick to my stomach the whole time. If I'm lifting, I have a decent breakfast at 5:30 am, then straight to the gym. I've tried going after work, but it's too busy then and I hate waiting for equipment. Plus, then I can just go straight home after work. If I'm just using the track, I'll go after work and I'll have a snack before hand (an apple and some cheese or something) and then have dinner when I get home.

Weekends vary with what else I've got going on that day.
  • ilmb87
    ilmb87 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I used to exercise after work, but now I do it in the morning before. Less stress about "life" happening and not being able to work out.
  • juniperleaves
    Options
    First thing in the morning! I usually eat something small 30 minutes beforehand and then it's straight to the gym. If I wait any later I probably won't go. And it's nice to just know that I already have it out of the way. :)
  • spickard34
    spickard34 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I work out at home right after work. Walk in the door and put on workout clothes or it wont happen. Also it mellows me out from the day excerise really is my stress relief. On the weekends as soon as I get up or it will not happen.
  • ncl1313
    ncl1313 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Whenever it fits in, which is usually after work, after dinner, after putting the kiddo to bed on weekdays and during his mid-morning naps on weekends.
  • LuckyMunky
    LuckyMunky Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Whenever my boys give me the chance which, at the moment, is usually in the late morning after breakfast.
  • Cocozest
    Cocozest Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I like working out in the evening preferably before dinner. :) that way I have a lot of energy and I can gauge what I can eat later
  • Brenda1636
    Brenda1636 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I mostly work out during the week after work. In the winter I try to hit an early morning spin class once or twice a week (because I can't otherwise) but now since the weather is nice I ride outside in the evenings. I tend to usually take weekends off but I've been getting some workouts in. Weekend workouts are after a light breakfast (yogurt, banana, coffee) and a little time on the computer.
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    after work from 5:30 until around 7pm. afternoon snack before and post workout snack/shake after. I'm already up at 5:30am for work and getting up any earlier to workout before would make me less functional at work. One the weekends it varies.
  • Jackson4590
    Jackson4590 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Right after work - starting about 5:30 or 6 PM.

On the weekend I do it Saturday morning about 10 AM.
  • monipie
    monipie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    fasted cardio in the am (when i wake up) and train weights in the evenings (usually after 6). 6 days a week.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    First thing on an empty stomach and before my brain tries to convince me not to. :tongue: Love getting it done as a start to my day, plus in the warmer months, have to get it done early to beat the heat!
    THIS (pretty much word for word). Not always on an empty stomach though...some days I'll eat half of a granola bar or something, but only if I'm feeling hungry.
  • spetermann190
    spetermann190 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Morning ... But I have to eat breakfast and then wait an hour (or more) or I run out of energy ... Don't see how people can lift fasted but I suppose you get used to it
  • kitchen0nfire
    kitchen0nfire Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Tues and Thurs i eat breakfast at 6:30am and workout from 7:30-9am. It's really the only chance I have to work out, but thankfully my body agrees with the timing.
  • sophideline
    sophideline Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    After my long day of sitting at work! I have a snack right before I leave work @ 4:30ish usually a greek 0% yogurt or even mini pretzels with peanut butter. But if I had a light lunch then I will go home eat healthy dinner wait 1-1.5 then head to the gym and have a post workout snack or shake