My journey

Options
Hi everyone. My name is Lori. I've been using the "myfitnesspal" for a while but have only used the food diary. My journey began back in Jan. of this year with a weigh in for neck surgery at 187lbs. At that point I knew that it was time to do something. After surgery and a release from my doctor in March I have basically changed my whole way of doing things. I made it very simple and have seen tremendous results. I have used fitness pal and it's been a lifesaver for me and helped me lose more weight faster. I stick with 1200 calories a day and I walk anywhere from 35 minutes to 60 minutes a day on the treadmill. I'm almost at my goal and can't believe I've almost made it. My husband is coming home for R/R in 22 days and I can't wait. This is his 3rd deployment and hopefully he's last. It gives me the drive I need to keep going. I never want to be where I used to be with my body. Thanks for the website whoever you are!!!

Replies

• tink0208
    tink0208 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi everyone. My name is Lori. I've been using the "myfitnesspal" for a while but have only used the food diary. My journey began back in Jan. of this year with a weigh in for neck surgery at 187lbs. At that point I knew that it was time to do something. After surgery and a release from my doctor in March I have basically changed my whole way of doing things. I made it very simple and have seen tremendous results. I have used fitness pal and it's been a lifesaver for me and helped me lose more weight faster. I stick with 1200 calories a day and I walk anywhere from 35 minutes to 60 minutes a day on the treadmill. I'm almost at my goal and can't believe I've almost made it. My husband is coming home for R/R in 22 days and I can't wait. This is his 3rd deployment and hopefully he's last. It gives me the drive I need to keep going. I never want to be where I used to be with my body. Thanks for the website whoever you are!!!
  • clojac
    clojac Posts: 10
    Options
    Welcome Lori...thanks for hooking me up I love the website too, I hope I can do as well as you!!! You are my inspiration.
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    The creator of MFP is Mike.

Welcome to the family!:smile:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Wow Lori, you've done fantastic! Congratulations.
    I'm hoping to have the same results as you, and I ALSO don't want to go back to where I was. EVER!
    This site has just been such a life saver!
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Great Job Lori

You inspire me.

I can't wait to see 39 lbs. LOST on my ticker.

44118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter[/url

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • mamajo
    mamajo Posts: 19
    Options
    :drinker: great job - welcome to the wonderful world of whatever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • douganl
    douganl Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • Quenofcrazzy
    Quenofcrazzy Posts: 358
    Options
    Wow! You have done an amazing job!

..and Thank you to you and your husband for his service :)
  • tink0208
    Options
    thank you so much
  • tink0208
    Options
    thank you for the welcome
  • tink0208
    Options
    thank you for the reply.
  • tink0208
    Options
    you can do it. i did and you can too. it's all mind set ya know.
  • bellmom627
    bellmom627 Posts: 195
    Options
    Great job and welcome to the community and whatnot!