Nipples and the GYM

Options

Replies

• amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Pull the padding from the cups out of an old bra and shove them over your nipples in your sports bra. Job done :)
  • CookieGem
    CookieGem Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I have this problem and used to getting bullied at High School about it. I have to have slight padding in all my bras and that helps. Also wearing black tops helps too xx
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    My wife wears those newer sports bras with removable padding, I've never seen her nipples poking through.
  • ndegwa
    ndegwa Posts: 169
    Options
    A blokes point of view.... I use the gym, i cant say i have noticed this on any* of the women there. As stated once i get going i really cant be bothered whats happening around me and i try not to get distracted anyway. Im normally looking at the machine im using and got my ipod in. Most men anyway will have a certain level of maturity anyway. If they do notice they just look away!

*The only time i may have noticed is during a boxercise class, but then i am less than two feet away from them and in my path of vision as i target the pads.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Heh, I love that you specified it was a problem with your own :P

Anyway, as with men finding they pitch a tent down south, it's mostly down to increased heart rate and circulation. Nothing to worry about.

Can't say I've noticed it on any women that attend my gym, and I wouldn't *care* if I did.
  • PGG19
    PGG19 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    totally have that issue. I'm sure people dont care, but that doesn't mean I'm not feeling awkward about my nipples all out there, lol. I've even sometimes tried to poke em in, haha. I've been looking into the new padded sports bras.
  • Shelleben82
    Shelleben82 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    lol i just make sure mine point straight :laugh: other than that i really dont care
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    A blokes point of view.... I use the gym, i cant say i have noticed this on any* of the women there. As stated once i get going i really cant be bothered whats happening around me and i try not to get distracted anyway. Im normally looking at the machine im using and got my ipod in. Most men anyway will have a certain level of maturity anyway. If they do notice they just look away!

*The only time i may have noticed is during a boxercise class, but then i am less than two feet away from them and in my path of vision as i target the pads.

You 'MAY' have noticed???

tumblr_mcmckz961k1ro2d43.gif
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    lol i just make sure mine point straight :laugh: other than that i really dont care

Yup, gotta make sure they are all lined up!
  • Shelleben82
    Shelleben82 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    HAHAHAHAHA ^^^
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    sunglasses_and_ocean_waves Posts: 2,757 Member
    Options
    I have this problem when out running. It's particularly uncomfortable because one place I run has some construction going on, and some of those guys are blatant about their oggling (to the guy who said no big deal, you have no idea). I've found the Lululemon removable cups work well to cover the issue. I just slip them into any sports bra. Lately I've been putting them into my soft bras for work. I'm sure you can get something similar anywhere.
  • _Wild_Card_
    _Wild_Card_ Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I get erections when I run on the treadmill, so some pointy nips are nothing to fret about.
  • JennieCakes72
    JennieCakes72 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have this same issue! I bought those sillicone nipple covers from Amazon and they work fairly well. The other thing I have done was bought padded sports bra's and I also wear dark colors so no one will notice. Some days I just say, whatever, and go.

Jen
  • katicasi82
    katicasi82 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    This happened me today, haha, I was a little conscious, and one guy definitely noticed but...there are people who would pay for what I got going on in that region, so...more power to my glorious nipples (and yours)!
  • katicasi82
    katicasi82 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I get erections when I run on the treadmill, so some pointy nips are nothing to fret about.

I'm sorry but that is too funny!!!
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options

I'm sorry but that is too funny!!!

Sometimes I get those on the bikes. I don't do spinning anymore for that reason.

As far as nipples go, everyone's got them. If you feel flattered by the occasional look checking you out, don't fret, otherwise you could try covering them up. But being "chesty" as you put it will likely get a few glances anyway. Lotta testosterone in gyms...
  • nitrogen_widget
    nitrogen_widget Posts: 92 Member
    Options

I get the extreme opposite.
    Mine goes into turtle mode.

And as for the nipples, the guys there to work out are either not going to notice or not care.
    The guys there to hook up (you know who they are) unfortunately will be looking.

Me, I admit I was watching someone in the gym the other night while on the treadmill.
    It was the dude with the monster arms & I watching to see what exercises he was doing for them. LOL!
  • sprinthard
    sprinthard Posts: 44
    Options
    My nipples are hard now!
  • emiwingwalker
    Options
    @ shaw, lol thanks! That does help. I am sure everyone is a little self conscious about something of course. Just is something so silly and awkward especially when you have to ask someone to help you with something like adjusting a machine that is stuck or too heavy.

A trainer friend of mine once told me "if you think everyone in the gym is looking at you, then you're obviously self obsessed, they didn't all get great bodies by standing around watching you."

This was in response to my jumbo sized kardasian plumber butt hanging out all the time :p. hope it helps you lol