Nipples and the GYM

Options

Replies

• jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Just like other people have posted, I wear covers everyday. I workout at lunch so I just leave them on from the office (I do *not* need that kind of office attention) to the gym. LOVE THEM!

http://www.amazon.com/Nippies-Skin-Reusable-Silicone-NON-ADHESIVE/dp/B001O482W4/ref=pd_sim_hpc_6
  • berriboobear
    berriboobear Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    That happens to me, by the end of a good cardio session. Although I'm not chesty at all, so hopefully it wouldn't be too noticeable if I were to workout at a gym...

I'm just super self-conscious and get embarrassed easily, I feel like people are always judging me and staring (not in a good way). ><
  • _Wild_Card_
    _Wild_Card_ Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I get erections when I run on the treadmill, so some pointy nips are nothing to fret about.

I get the extreme opposite.
    Mine goes into turtle mode.

Mine chubs up as soon as I flip on the machine. It looks like i'm running with a summer sausage down the front of my gym shorts, I stopped caring long ago. Anyone that wants to watch can enjoy the show.
  • amandasilva
    amandasilva Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    A blokes point of view.... I use the gym, i cant say i have noticed this on any* of the women there. As stated once i get going i really cant be bothered whats happening around me and i try not to get distracted anyway. Im normally looking at the machine im using and got my ipod in. Most men anyway will have a certain level of maturity anyway. If they do notice they just look away!

*The only time i may have noticed is during a boxercise class, but then i am less than two feet away from them and in my path of vision as i target the pads.

You 'MAY' have noticed???

tumblr_mcmckz961k1ro2d43.gif

LOL-
    Ha Ha Ha....:laugh:

And yeah- happens here too. I figure with all the other things to be embarrassed about (sweating, bouncing, etc)...this is just a small price to pay. :wink:
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    yep I have that problem too.. I have to use extra pads to try and cover most of it :D I use sport bras and the tops with the in-build bra thing + some pads I stole from my bikini.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I am a little chesty and that could be another possible reason. It is frustrating at times, especially when you are the only female in the gym. I go late nights and rarely are there other females around.

I may just need to accept it.

I'm not chesty and it happens to me, too. Not when I wear my running bra, which is supportive and thick, but when I wear any other sports bra. I used to be embarrassed by it, but since I can't change things, I don't worry about it anymore.
  • tomg33
    tomg33 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    A blokes point of view.... I use the gym, i cant say i have noticed this on any* of the women there. As stated once i get going i really cant be bothered whats happening around me and i try not to get distracted anyway. Im normally looking at the machine im using and got my ipod in. Most men anyway will have a certain level of maturity anyway. If they do notice they just look away!

I have to agree this is very true. Myself and some of the guys I train with have about as high of a sex drive as it gets (no homo) but simple human decency compels you to look away when someone elses' rude bits cross your line of vision.
  • shoeprano27WECHANGED
    Options

*The only time i may have noticed is during a boxercise class, but then i am less than two feet away from them and in my path of vision as i target the pads.

You 'MAY' have noticed???

tumblr_mcmckz961k1ro2d43.gif

obama-pointing-grin.preview.jpg
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Padded sports bras are where it's at.
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options

I have to agree this is very true. Myself and some of the guys I train with have about as high of a sex drive as it gets (no homo) but simple human decency compels you to look away when someone elses' rude bits cross your line of vision.
    it's not the 'most men' that are the problem. we only have to experience the aggressive ubercreeps a few times and it makes us absolutely not want to experience them ever again. ever. never ever.
  • tenajh
    tenajh Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    In the nursing section of many stores there are gel flowers that stick to your breasts, no bra needed really. They are reusable and a great alternative to wearing a bra, about 5 inches in diameter and not noticeable unless your shirt is really tight. There are also options open in many stores like sears or penneys or macys that stick to your breasts for dressware that is backless.
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I have this problem especially when working out but even when I am not , people must think I have caught a chill 24/7.
    I buy very thick padded bras and it doesn't help hide this problem, I am trying to find pasties or concealer tape. It is rather
    humiliating for sure.
  • tomg33
    tomg33 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    ]it's not the 'most men' that are the problem. we only have to experience the aggressive ubercreeps a few times and it makes us absolutely not want to experience them ever again. ever. never ever.

That would be a time to change gyms. Here's an off the wall tip: often university gyms have great facilities because of the student athletes, affordable prices because students can barely afford their 2-cent noodles, and the other members are relatively decent human beings that would sooner monopolise the tricep pushdown machine then creep about.
  • daisymae850
    daisymae850 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    This happens to me but for different reasons....mine are pierced :) I say the hell with it, if you're really worried about it then wear a bra under your sports bra and that should take care of it.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    LOL, my nipples get excited when I workout. They're like "WHASSUP!"

I workout at home, but when I used to go to the gym I'd wear those breastfeeding breast pads sometimes to hide them. Mine would break through the best padded bras... lol!

...so I say "whassup!" back to them.
  • 6550mom
    6550mom Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    These are amazing. I wear them everywhere except the hot tub.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001O482W4/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    So it isn't quite what you think... or is it?

I am having this issue with nipples and the gym. The only thing is, I am having an issue with my own nipples. I wear a good sports bra, and my tanks typically have one of those built in sports bras as well. Regardless of wearing both, my nipples show like nobody's business. It typically doesn't happen until right after I get done doing any cardio. Does anyone else have this problem; especially the ladies? Do you just accept it, no big deal? I some times feel a little self conscious about it. I know everyone there is doing their own deal, but my gosh they are out there and very noticeable. Is there anything anyone recommends?
    How is this a problem? I think it's awesome.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    i don't care.
  • keithf1138
    keithf1138 Posts: 63
    Options
    If this isnt causing you pain because of some chaffing. Dont worry about it. None of the men will complain about it.
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    ]it's not the 'most men' that are the problem. we only have to experience the aggressive ubercreeps a few times and it makes us absolutely not want to experience them ever again. ever. never ever.

That would be a time to change gyms. Here's an off the wall tip: often university gyms have great facilities because of the student athletes, affordable prices because students can barely afford their 2-cent noodles, and the other members are relatively decent human beings that would sooner monopolise the tricep pushdown machine then creep about.
    you get creeps everywhere. no place tests for creepiness before they let you in. there may be a smaller proportion of creeps to blokes in some places, but nowhere comes with a guarantee.

it's just a case of picking your coping mechanism. ignore, repel, attack or avoid.