27, never married and no kids?

Options

Replies

• Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I don't think you are the odd man out, its just women with kids seem to be more vocal on this site about their baby bellies (which is totally OK - its a trouble spot and I get that.)

30, never married, no kids. Just fat because of injuries, genuine health issues and laziness.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I have a cat, I'm 1/4 on my way to being an old cat lady lmao totally ok with that =)

Is it the cats or the age that makes you an old cat lady? Because if it's the age, I'm 1/4 of the way. If it's the number of cats, them I'm 3/4 of the way. LOL.

I'm 28 have 2 cats. I'm good.
  • ZeroTX
    ZeroTX Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm 38 this week, but I didn't get married until age 31 and we still don't have kids and may not. That's kind-of up to God at this point, not us (we aren't doing anything to prevent pregnancy, it's just not in the cards for us so far).

Everything in time. I think marriage should be limited to people age 25+, honestly. You (meaning all people) aren't actually an adult with a fully developed personality until about 25. Before that, we're still kids and still really don't know what we want with our lives. Finish college, start a career, then consider marriage and family options, IMO.
  • Jess04920
    Jess04920 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 27 and divorc(ing)...no kids. If I can tell you one thing...it is TAKE YOUR TIME! Enjoy this stage of your life. While I don't regret being married, I can definitely tell you I shouldn't have gotten married when I did or to the person I did. Timing is different for everyone...until the time is right for you, enjoy being footloose and fancy-free :)

I can definitely relate to the kids thing...all of my family members, friends, coworkers, etc...either have kids or are working on it (pregnant, trying, adopting, etc)...while I love all of those kids and their Mommies and Daddies...I am not interested in having kids at this point and it's sometimes nice to have people who can relate to a kid-free lifestyle.

Feel free to add me...I'm new (being active) here and would love some new friends!
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    snap! Never worries me. The idea of me married with a baby instead of fighting over my socks with my dog makes me laugh ;) Let's go for beers!
  • SamanthaH10
    SamanthaH10 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm 28, married since 25, and have 3 dogs. I do not, and we will ABSOLUTELY not, have children. I have no desire and get called selfish on a regular basis, but so be it! I have too much traveling to do to have to worry about raising a heathen for the next generation :tongue:
  • bszczek
    bszczek Posts: 10
    Options
    Will be 31 in July. No kids, no wife. Perfectly happy being single. Actually had more fun my first year of my 30s than I ever did any year of my 20s.
  • WalkingMermaid_
    WalkingMermaid_ Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm 30, no interest in marriage, have been happily single for 8 years. I decided at age 22 that I wanted to go on a self discovery quest, and I'm still on it!... I had a child when I was 18, but always knew I'd never have another. All I want to do in my future is travel and build myself a tiny little house by the ocean, lol :D
  • abheshek
    abheshek Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Oye mam! there are millions of people like you...nothing to feel depressed about...In my case leave alone getting married i was never in any kind of relationship...i am forever alone kind of guy...if i don't feel depressed,why should you?
  • deeds2785
    deeds2785 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Im in the same boat, 27, single no kids...just a cat :P haha friend request sent!
  • brfried
    brfried Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am 28, not married (but in a LT relationship) no kids, and 3 cats. So I am right there with you!!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    you can have my kids to see what life is really like.
  • Songbirdcw
    Songbirdcw Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Got married last September (at 27). Now 28, and no kids. You are not weird. I don't even know when or if I want kids. Anywho, you are not weird. It'll happen if or when it's supposed to happen. Enjoy your singleness! My cousin will be 29 this yr w/o kids and never been married too. She feels the same way. I would've been in the same boat and enjoying the sail! :-)
  • Maris_Swan
    Maris_Swan Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    34 years old, getting married for the first time in Sept, no kids. I usually feel like the odd man out, too.
  • lnxjenn
    lnxjenn Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm recently married no kids and no kids any time in the near future. You're not weird. I'm in my mid 30s. I do like kids though. I miss my little nieces!! they light up my life!

I've been the odd one out for most of my life, so doesn't really make much difference in my opinion! haha.
  • Miss_Meliss86
    Miss_Meliss86 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Turning 27 this summer and I've never been married and have no kids. I do have a cat who behaves like a child sometimes. Everyone is different and in today's society there is really no "ideal" anymore. Enjoy it! :)
  • MissJJ74
    MissJJ74 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm about to be 39 with no kids. (Was married once though).

My BF is 37, never married and no kids.

So you are not alone, and there's nothing wrong with it. I find people have a hard time accepting the fact that we don't want kids however and keep pushing us to which is annoying. No one ever questions parents why they chose to be parents but they will question to all hell people who chose not to be parents and treat you like a leper.

Sorry it's a sore point for me especially since now everyone hears my clock ticking but me and my BF.
  • Just2Bhappy
    Just2Bhappy Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Not weird at all. Personally I think 30+ is a good time to get married just because you and your partner have had time to really figure your self out mentally, emotionally and financially. I mean if you make it work younger good for you but I have NEVER seen a young married couple last more than 5-10 years.
  • aprmay
    aprmay Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    38, not married, no kids. Do have a long-term bf. It's definitely not weird and I enjoy my single life. :smile:
  • alysonlewisPT
    Options
    I'm coming up on 33 and I have never been married and will remain CF (child free) :) I really think that more and more people are changing their priorities and realizing that not everyone is ultimately happy being married with kids!