Do you like CATCALLS??

Options

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on what they say! And sometimes how they say it. I had someone say "You look nice today beautiful" and I was truly flattered.

But if someone was just randomly driving by yelling "Mmmmm....Mmmmm, I know it's Jelly cuz Jam don't shake like THAT", I might find it a little more offensive.

Getting a compliment is nice. Feeling like a piece of meat, not so much.

best pick up line EVER!! no jam don't shake like that lmfao
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    If someone catcalled me, I'd probably go makeout with him! JK!:laugh:

LMAO Awesome!
  • chezmama
    chezmama Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I don't get them anymore, but two summers ago I was at a Mexican restaurant and a very young and handsome waiter winked at me. I know he didn't mean a thing by it, but I was thrilled because for the first time in years (decades, even?) someone of the opposite sex actually saw me enough for me to be winked at....thus debunking my theory that I was, if fact, invisible.
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    It depends on what is said. In my younger days, when I worked in the office of an auto factory, many comments were made to me that were just lewd and those I did not take as a compliment, they made me very uncomfortable. A call out of "looking good" or others along those lines have always been appreciated.
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    If someone catcalled me, I'd probably go makeout with him! JK!:laugh:

No joke! It's been many a year (and many a pound) since I've been catcalled. I'll take what I can get. My husband told me I didn't look like a fatass in my spandex running gear last night, so I consider that a win. It's practically a cat call. :ohwell:
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    It really depends on what they say...

Your looking good or you are very pretty / I just say thanks and keep going

If they say, the things I would do to you, blah blah blah , nice *kitten*, blah blah , huge tits, blah , then I become I ***** and say, **** off loser.......
  • terlyn20
    terlyn20 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    yes, i do and always have, but even more so now that i am over 50.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    How I feel about it will certainly depend on the circumstances (and shouting from a car is different from on the side walk, next to me, while walking by, or while on the train). What you are describing, I would feel happy about. Sometimes when I was a teenager and it happened a lot, there were times when I felt uncomfortable because I was just out walking and felt on the spot when guys were always shouting out at me (sometimes startling me, not because I felt threatened, but just because I didn't expect to be shouted at). I was also young and didn't understand that I looked good (so I would wonder why they were doing it). I'm usually happy about it now (not when it's vulgar). I don't like when I'm walking by a group of guys and they catch me off guard, so I don't respond (because I'm a little shy and I still have a hard time understanding that they are talking about me and because I'm a married woman), then they insult me if I don't respond the way they had wanted (I don't like that). But, I never let anything like that hold me back from anything. Anyone that understands what it's like to be human can understand there are times/ways/reasons when it's appreciated and times when it's not.

Any guy that thinks women are obligated to respond to them when they cat call is probably not very popular with the ladies due to their social awkwardness and lack of basic social skills and lack of skills at interacting with women in an appealing way.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    It appears I am in the minority here, but no -- I don't like catcalls. They don't make me smile, they don't make me feel good about myself --- they make me wonder what on Earth possessed a complete stranger to think it's ok to make any sort of statement on my appearance by acting like a drunk frat boy, and then think I am rude because I am not flattered.

I don't mind it at all if somebody walks up to me and says something nice -- or uses a corny like as an attempt to start a conversation - but yelling something objectifying/whistling/making loud sounds at a random person you think is purdy with no intentions of speaking to them is not cool. It's creepy.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    No thanks. I don't like when people yell out to me, whether it's positive or not. It's usually perverted anyway.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I like a polite compliment. Please keep anything vulgar to yourself. And I HATE guys who honk as they drive by.
  • sznnn
    sznnn Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I never mind a compliment. But I do kind of hate the gross ones. I like when someone tells me I have a great smile, not so much when someone tells me I have DSL's. One is really nice, the other brings a "you got a real purdy mouth." vibe.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I like a polite compliment. Please keep anything vulgar to yourself. And I HATE guys who honk as they drive by.

Right. "I honked, yelled something vulgar out the window at a runner and ended up getting laid" said no one ever.
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    Whistles at all the girls!!!!
  • hottamolly00
    hottamolly00 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    No. They're trashy. Sometimes I feel like I should be wearing a trash bag running so I can avoid them, but then heck, they'd probably still do it...it's just in their nature.
  • ruwise
    ruwise Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Catcalls no they are horrible and primal. If you meet people in a more personal setting and they give you a compliment that's nice. If someone shouted after me in the street I'd be intimidated and wouldn't give them the time of day. I'd think the need to work on their social skills.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,232 Member
    Options
    Depends on what is being said and how. Having never felt attractive in my adult life, I do get a boost from the dude on the motorcycle slowing down or a "looking good" or something along those lines. Lewd, nasty stuff, nah-I'm not a fan. Some dude yelling "nice t!ts" doesn't really give me the warm fuzzies (even though they are phenomenal set of breasts).
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

Right. "I honked, yelled something vulgar out the window at a runner and ended up getting laid" said no one ever.

:laugh:
  • jarelary4
    jarelary4 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I haven't gotten any catcalls in a LOOOONNNNGGG time, but if I did, I would eat it up!
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Most of the time, I don't mind. But I used to see this homeless guy shuffling up and down the street when I walked my dog - he looked like one of the Doobie Brothers. One day he randomly started calling out to me and humping his hips and pointing at his junk, and I thought, "you know, I see you everyday and our relationship has just taken a really awkward turn ....."