I need your opinion on how to respond to a text...

Options

Replies

• OldManOfTheSea
    OldManOfTheSea Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    But then Sunday night rolls around and I see on her instagram that she had gone to a golf tournament with this guy and a group of his friends. I'm pretty pissed at this. Then I see on Monday that after the golf tournament they had gone somewhere else together. I don't care that she's hanging out with another friend, I mean we all have multiple friends...

My granddaughter has the exact same conversations with her friends. I thought I would be done hearing these conversations once she was out of high school but apparently people still do this as adults. Who knew? What is this instagram thing?
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    it sounds like the treatment every girlfriend of my guy friends gives them...

aka...you may not want something out of this relationship but she's treating you like her boyfriend...

personally...i'd run....i'd run far and fast and far away...

but that's me...so...

now you have my opinion. take it or leave it.
  • eamartin
    eamartin Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Ummmm to be honest it seems like she wants something that you're not giving her, and if you continue not giving it she's going elsewhere to get it?

Kudos to you for sticking to your principles though.

This..
  • bhl3749
    bhl3749 Posts: 3
    Options
    this is a married women. she is not available for a "relationship". you need to look else where for a better class of person. say hello at the gym, be nice. but leave it at the gym.
  • eamartin
    eamartin Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    it might be time to stop hanging out with her honestly it sounds like you are both setting yourself up for something bad to happen

& this...
  • koko12
    koko12 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    i've felt this way before, with one of my friends (thats a girl) and i would go out of my way to hang out with her blablabla and shed have random excuses and then id see on her fcbk that she went out or whatever.

i pretty much stopped talking to her. i felt like i was put on the backburner. we were like BESTIES but i refuse to be on the backburner when shes being *besties* with someone else. ya know what i mean. lifes too short to be feelin like **** cause someone isnt holding you to the same standard you hold them
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Sorry fella. she sounds complicated. I would be up front with her. Give her the real reason why your mad. it sucks to get ditched. *thumbs down* Id be friends if you lived in MN. im a badass and dont stand up my friends.
  • marias2gaa
    marias2gaa Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    so where is her husband in all this lol just saying..smh
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    i've felt this way before, with one of my friends (thats a girl) and i would go out of my way to hang out with her blablabla and shed have random excuses and then id see on her fcbk that she went out or whatever.

i pretty much stopped talking to her. i felt like i was put on the backburner. we were like BESTIES but i refuse to be on the backburner when shes being *besties* with someone else. ya know what i mean. lifes too short to be feelin like **** cause someone isnt holding you to the same standard you hold them

I've had friends like this too - sometimes they come back around. people go through phases.
  • WVmom24
    WVmom24 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Talk about overthinking the whole thing. CHILL OUT.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Yes, You are treading in dangerous territory bro.
    Since there is an attraction there.
    Since she is married and off w/other men.
    Look, I know your hurt man, and she seems like a snake in the grass.
    Better to walk away from all of it.
    Try hanging out with single woman.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Are you friggin serious???
    It sounds like you both have switched roles. That is freaky. Really.

Usually it's the girl tapping stuff like this out about the guy.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    Don't , , , EVER!!! Find friends to hang out with that aren't married women. DUH! You're flirtin' with disaster. There's a whole bunch of other folks to hang out with, married men, single women, single men, need I say more? Hangin' out with a married woman without her husband around is a lose/lose situation.
  • wadedawg
    wadedawg Posts: 315
    Options
    Best thing you could have done was act like nothing had happened, be cordial at the gym, and back off on the contact from there. Now you've already acted juvenile, she knows you're pissed, you really have no right to be, and being the *kitten* again is unavoidable.

My advice: Tell her you were having a bad day, you'll talk to her later, and leave her the hell alone from there.
  • OldManOfTheSea
    OldManOfTheSea Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    so where is her husband in all this lol just saying..smh

Mostly likely he's busy at the gentleman's club.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    you may not have sealed the deal yet but it sounds like youre in a relationship with her.

i disagree with tucker, it is possible to be friends with married women (even hot married women) and never expect anything out of it. my best friend happens to be married, happily and with two adorable kids. people always ask if her husband is ok with this cause we either text or call each other once every few weeks, and when she is back up this way we try to make time to either hang out at her dads place or go grab a beer.
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    If if were me, I wouldn't bother.

But here are a couple...

"Nothing is wrong, I'm busy with chores, I mean golfing, I mean chores."

"I was upset because you ditched me for golfing. I'm over it now, let's go get coffee."

+This. Use sarcasam to show that you are upset. You guys are supposed to be friends and she can't even go over and say hi. I think she did it so there was no confrontation at the gym because she likely knows that you are upset and it is her fault.
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Just wondering what her husband is thinking. Maybe I'm possessive but if my wife was constantly going out with other guys I dunno just doesn't seem right to me.
  • koko12
    koko12 Posts: 81 Member
    Options

I've had friends like this too - sometimes they come back around. people go through phases.

yeah shes done it to me twice. so i just keep her at a distance. ive known her forever. but i dont have time to get my feelings hurt.
  • RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    it might be time to stop hanging out with her honestly it sounds like you are both setting yourself up for something bad to happen

THIS