Easy at home 46 minute walk (leslie Sansone)

Replies

• paulbear75
    paulbear75 Posts: 44 Member
    The 2nd mile of Leslie's 5 mile walk is hard, but trying to do 3 of those in a row makes me want to cry :)
  • conniehv40
    conniehv40 Posts: 442 Member
    Thanks for this post! Is it 45 minutes?

How many times do you do this a week?
  • charlena48
    charlena48 Posts: 192 Member
    I have a DVD with 1, 2 and 3 mile walks and use them several times a week. I've been using it for a year or so and can see a big difference in my hips and legs. It is a good work out when you can't get outside.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    The 2nd mile of Leslie's 5 mile walk is hard, but trying to do 3 of those in a row makes me want to cry :)

I do 6 in a row.

I'm working my way up to 10 in a row.... it will take me almost 2.5 hours
  • paulbear75
    I'm now doing her 5 mile boost walk and it's been amazing , I do this every morning and trust me you'll feel great after every workout. Let is know what you think here is the link for the 5 mile walk http://youtu.be/ZEEOSE5dBo4

It's a little over an hour
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    I bought one of her dvd. I thought I would find it boring but I actually quite enjoy it.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    Thanks for this post! Is it 45 minutes?

How many times do you do this a week?

If you do the video I put up it's 15 mins long each time. :) I do it daily.
  • paulbear75
    Can anyone recommend another great Leslie Sansone video, The 5 mile and and the 4 mile are by far her best. Thanks friends
  • coffee4me57
    coffee4me57 Posts: 195
    bump
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 521 Member
    I have this one:
    http://www.amazon.com/Leslie-Sansones-Walk-At-Home/dp/B000QCU516/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1369480948&sr=1-1&keywords=walk+at+home+5+mile+walk

Do you think this is her most challenging? I have the 3 mile with belt also. I use the belt with this one also a bit longer than she does because my heart rate starts to drop in sections but I really like it.

Do you think she'll ever do 6? : )

I also like Jessica Smith's new Walking for weight loss wellness and energy. The second half, the power walk is 30 minutes of intervals, a minute with the "advanced" person consists of jumping jacks or jog, high knees, etc. and then you cool down a bit and start a new interval...but by the time it's over, I'm sweating big time. For a change, a bit up a bump up, it was great. There are 3 people to follow though, so it's not just for more advanced walkers. It got me over a plateau last month.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    I'm up to 7 miles at a time now. Tomorrow I start on 8 in a row. Today I actually did 11 miles. 7 miles the 1st workout & then 4 for the 2nd one.
  • estherlion
    estherlion Posts: 86 Member
    Thanks for the info!
  • lucyricky2
    lucyricky2 Posts: 449 Member
    I have some dvds of hers that i use quite a bit. I put them in under exercise as circuit training. One has the belt, another hand weights and another the 2 lb ball. She makes the exercise fun!!! using them it helps you tighten up
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    bump!
  • I have her walking DVDs with the weight belt, LOVE it!!
  • Her dvds and videos posted on her online group are my main form of exercise! Im so excited to see that someone else uses her videos too. The only I struggled with was what category to put it under for tracking purposes.At first I put it under walking but then after thinking it about it it seems to be more of low impact aerobics. Any thoughts?
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 521 Member
    I use low impact aerobics...it's not actually walking throughout and at what speed? Interval workouts I used for ones that constantly change from cardio to weight/muscle work. Others might do differently.
  • tuathanari
    tuathanari Posts: 38 Member
    Just tried this for the first time today, loved it!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    I use low impact aerobics...it's not actually walking throughout and at what speed? Interval workouts I used for ones that constantly change from cardio to weight/muscle work. Others might do differently.

Low impact aerobics is really close to my HRM.

You're right .... at what speed? A 15 minute mile should be 4 MPH .... and a 12 minute mile should be 5 MPH .... but at 5 MPH, that number is inflated ....I can't "walk" on a treadmill at 5 MPH .... I have to run at that speed.
  • Hi!

I've been on MFP before and lost 40 lbs with ease. On that journey, I learned that the constant support of people with the same challenges is vital. I couldn't have done it without them. Unfortunately, life got in the way and I gained the weight back plus some--dang it! :explode:

I looking to build a support team (just like you) that will help cheer me on when I need a boost, give me an ear to vent to, and friends to celebrate my victories with. I promise to do the same for you!

Let's do this together. We can do it! :flowerforyou:

Just send me a friend request if you are interested. (PS.... I love the Leslie Sansone walks.... I have a one, two, and three mile DVD at home!)