SUPER TALL GUYS EVERYWHERE!

Options

Replies

• MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Not sure why this thread rubs me wrong.

Men are more than their height. Just like women are more than their curves.
    To say that being short is a punishment, we'll it seems hurtful.

I get that you're playing around, and maybe I'm just moody today, but still.

I'm 6'1" and as much as I'd prefer to have a few inches either way, if the person is amazing... Idgaf

*mad love to all guys of all heights*
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I think that is a great idea!
    I am 6' tall and can NEVER find guys taller than I am....
    it's a sea of short men everywhere I go.

All us short women are stealing your tall guys. Sorry 'bout that.

tumblr_miedz5bO6v1s10m6fo1_250.gif
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8" (Actually a little taller)

My first serious relationship the guy was 5'9" (but I was the same height as him :p liar liar, he said "You must be taller" nope, measured many times, not 5'9")

Second serious relationship, and the one I am still in close to 6'3". I love the fact that I can wear 5" heels and he is still taller than I am. He makes me feel small, where most people make me feel quite tall.

Before said relationships I did prefer to date someone that was at least TALLER than I, I had no specific height, but yes the taller the better because I love heels. I never based dating off of height, but it was a nice bonus if they were tall.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I hit women. But when (more importantly, where) I hit them... they usually beg for more and I usually like getting hit by women often too.

Is that why I'm only 5' 9"? :(
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    About 14% of men in the US are over 6'0". 5% are over 6'2".

If you are not finding super tall men, it is probably because there really aren't that many.

They're all up here in Canada. :drinker:
  • berriboobear
    berriboobear Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I like my men taller than me, which is easy for me since I'm only 5"1... that being said, I think if they were TOO tall it would be awkward between us. =P
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    I hit women. But when (more importantly, where) I hit them... they usually beg for more and I usually like getting hit by women often too.

Is that why I'm only 5' 9"? :(
    Going by them begging for more you should start getting taller any minute now :p
  • fvshkatie
    fvshkatie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love super tall guys too but mostly to look at and fantasize about. I married a 6 footer and he's great. But I look at guys like Trace Adkins, Duncan Regehr, Kevin Sorbo...not super tall but tall enough! Yum!
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    Mmmm tall guys :wink:

My thoughts exactly.

I'm 5'3, so most men are taller than me. But I ♥ guys who are 6' or taller! Except Jon Stewart, he's one of the few guys who is in the 5' range that I would consider banging.

ETA: typos. Was distracted by all the hot tall men.
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I've dated men shorter than myself. I've dated men MUCH taller than myself. The shortest one was 4 something. The tallest one was 7'. I'm 5'4". My DH is 6'4". My mother was 4'11" and married to my father who was 5'10" so almost an 11 inch difference in their heights. Both my grandmother's were 5'7or 8". My father's father was 6'4". My mother's father was 5'7". I've always preferred taller men but short men are nice too. As long as they treat you right I don't see as it matter what their height is. I love the idea that a person would be marked by their actions be it male or female. A lot folks are lucky that that's not the way it works.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I didn't like this OP either. I just don't want men thinking this is how most women think (about height).
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I didn't like this thread either. I just don't want men thinking this is how most women think (about height).

The tragedy of human existence is that the smart and intellectuals are in abundance yet the idiots, even though in smaller number, are much more vocal and speak with confidence. Making the intellectuals doubt their own intelligence and brilliance (Paraphrasing a quote I read somewhere)
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    I didn't like this thread either. I just don't want men thinking this is how most women think (about height).

The tragedy of human existence is that the smart and intellectuals are in abundance yet the idiots, even though in smaller number, are much more vocal and speak with confidence. Making the intellectuals doubt their own intelligence and brilliance (Paraphrasing a quote I read somewhere)

I think I heard that quote. I think by Bertrand Russell. Good point!!
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options

6'8 isn't. But height is consistently the primary factor used by women for sorting potential mates.

Kinda like if you had a thread about thin women with enormous boobs. The "enormous" part is generally impractical fantasy, like 6'8 height. But most men will appreciate the concept of narrow waist women with big boobs.
  • amandajones1978
    Options
    If a man is 6 foot and over he tells the truth about his height. Men under 6 foot always add an extra three inches. I remember a guy who I dated saying he was 6 feet tall and I was stood there thinking 'I'm 5'5 and he's only about 3 inches taller than me!'

I say this with the awareness I'm generalising, but it's what I've noticed!

HAHA! This is so true! I have a friend who always says he is 5'10". I am 6' and I know I have more than 2 inches over him, but I never point that out. He definitely has a complex.

And yes, where are all the tall hotties?? I want to wear heels when I go out gosh darnit!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    The tallest guy I dated was 6'7". I broke up with him because I got tired of people asking him "How's the weather up there?"

You really broke up with him for that????

Jesus.
  • jeslaughter
    jeslaughter Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Personal preference in height of my man...as long as he is taller than I am, I am good with it..he must be a good man inside though or forget it.
    I think a good man is more important than how tall he is...all good men are 10 feet tall as far as that goes. I know tall men that are total schmucks but I know short guys that are handsome, kind and so generous and loving.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

6'8 isn't. But height is consistently the primary factor used by women for sorting potential mates.

Kinda like if you had a thread about thin women with enormous boobs. The "enormous" part is generally impractical fantasy, like 6'8 height. But most men will appreciate the concept of narrow waist women with big boobs.

I'd suggest a different analogy. The comparison is more like saying that all women should start out fit and every time they are cruel or cranky, they gain 10 pounds, so that they become more overweight and therefore less appealing.

That's essentially what she's saying... The shorter you are, the less appealing you would be. And maybe that is true to her. But it does men a huge disservice overall.

Just my emotionally charged feeling. :)
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options

I'd suggest a different analogy. The comparison is more like saying that all women should start out fit and every time they are cruel or cranky, they gain 10 pounds, so that they become more overweight and therefore less appealing.

That's essentially what she's saying... The shorter you are, the less appealing you would be. And maybe that is true to her. But it does men a huge disservice overall.

Yeah, where to even begin? The OP is claiming that short men are somehow awful men. :noway:

I'm not going to even respond to the other guy. :yawn:

It's funny how some people think that every man or every woman thinks and wants exactly what they think/want. Stupidity.

This whole line of thinking is....Gah, no words for this!!! :grumble:
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options

That's accurate. Except the general concept of "fit" is too general, and also quite easy to address.

Height is very specific and unchangeable. It's difficult to find features on women that are immutable and relevant. So you might end up with the sub-5% genetic hourglass figure as your "ideal" - which in fact it is. Surgery allows for women to cheat on that though, while the best men can do is funny shoes for a few inches.