What do you eat for breakfast?

Just curious. Looking for some ideas.

Replies

• careyann19
    careyann19 Posts: 21 Member
    I like kashi go lean with unsweetened almond milk and an egg on the side. Protein, carbs, fat, fiber!
  • tonyanoemy
    tonyanoemy Posts: 15
    my fav is quinoa, a couple eggs over easy and hot sauce! very filling and keeps me going! just under 350 calories
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Grape nuts cereal or cream of wheat....
  • SusanUW83
    SusanUW83 Posts: 152 Member
    Breakfast wrap - 1/4 cup egg white, slice turkey bacon, small low carb tortilla or 1/2 a larger one. Sometimes salsa. I precook the egg whites and bacon on sunday and put them in plastic bags to take to work to reheat with the tortilla. Can add other veggies too if desired.
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    oats with fruit and a hard-boiled egg, and coffee (black) toast with nut butter and a sliced banana with a yogurt or mixed fruits on the side; occasionally cereal with whatever else feel like having.
  • Sarahz55
    Sarahz55 Posts: 1
    Peanut butter toast :3
  • Breakfast wrap - 1/4 cup egg white, slice turkey bacon, small low carb tortilla or 1/2 a larger one. Sometimes salsa. I precook the egg whites and bacon on sunday and put them in plastic bags to take to work to reheat with the tortilla. Can add other veggies too if desired.

The egg doesn't get rubbery when reheated?
  • koko12
    koko12 Posts: 81 Member
    oatmeal with blueberries or banana, cinnamon, usually almond milk (if i dont have any i use water) and egg whites with a drizzle of honey
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    subway sandwich with 3 slices tomato and eggwhites on whole wheat english muffin and extra salt and pepper. toasted. usually coffee with honey and coffee mate before that, and that's 1st breakfast.

2nd breakfast is usually a meal replacement bar or shake awhile later.

ETA : on thursdays and sometimes other days two slices of thick sliced center cut bacon precedes all of this for 80 calories. this varies depending on if hubby cooked them for his paleo breakfast and had some leftover when I wake up, and if I know I'm working out that day and can afford the extra cals and need the extra protein. bacon has protein, right?
  • TravelDog14
    TravelDog14 Posts: 317 Member
    Either

1) All mixed together: 113 grams cottage cheese, 113 grams plain nonfat greek yogurt, and 32 grams of unsweetened muesli.

or

2) Overnight oatmeal made with frozen raspberries, greek yogurt, flax, oatmeal, and nonfat milk.
  • Lylie1985
    Lylie1985 Posts: 35 Member
    Spicy fruit muffin split with some margarine. Just over 200 calories. Not much for breakfast cause I prefer having larger meals later in the day :)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Grape nuts cereal or cream of wheat....

TWO faves. Do you eat the grape nuts hot as per the recipe that used to be on the box back in the day? Fave!
  • subway sandwich with 3 slices tomato and eggwhites on whole wheat english muffin and extra salt and pepper. toasted. usually coffee with honey and coffee mate before that, and that's 1st breakfast.

2nd breakfast is usually a meal replacement bar or shake awhile later.

ETA : on thursdays and sometimes other days two slices of thick sliced center cut bacon precedes all of this for 80 calories. this varies depending on if hubby cooked them for his paleo breakfast and had some leftover when I wake up, and if I know I'm working out that day and can afford the extra cals and need the extra protein. bacon has protein, right?

Only hobbits have 2nd breakfast... (Sorry, nerd reference.:wink: )
  • KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn
    KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn Posts: 361 Member
    2 egg whites, a piece of toasted whole wheat bread, and coffee! Yes.
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Mini Wheats and an apple on workout days. A more fun empty calorie type cereal for non-workout days.
  • LisaMarie8713
    LisaMarie8713 Posts: 310
    I must be a hobbit!

I usually have eggs and turkey bacon first thing in the morning, then late morning I mix greek yogurt with blueberries, raspberries and strawberries. Sometimes I add kashi cereal to my yogurt medley.

Sometimes I make an egg and bacon sandwich (I like to add a wedge of laughing cow cheese or salsa). Or sometimes I just make the eggs slightly runny and dip the bacon in it, yum!!!

Then I eat light for lunch usually...
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Egg white omelet using egg beaters south west style egg whites, Jimmy dean sausage crumbles or butterball smoked turkey sausage. Reduced fat cheddar and 2 slices of publix light wheat bread. COFFEE!! Yummy and filling!
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Grape nuts cereal
    Ooo, I'm craving that now! Will buy some when I'm at the store tomorrow, for the days I forget to make overnight oats.
  • dedeethom
    dedeethom Posts: 10
    I have a green smoothie almost every day I never ate breakfast before starting this weight loss change. if I dont have a green smoothie then I have a high protein slimfast shake with almond milk. I have so many different varieties I never get bored and its quick and easy.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    if I'm working my 1st meal is typically tuna, beans, salsa, taco seasoning and some fibrous veggies.

If not working. either some proats concoction or chicken or bacon salad.