I have been OFFENDED and everyone needs to KNOW IT!

Options

Replies

• FitnSassy
    FitnSassy Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if this one has been mentioned... The word is "idea" not "ideal."
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this is a southern thing either but I heard a lot of "warsher".

yes it is! i hear it all the time. Im in Nashville.

The word "warsh" is repulsive to me; it just tastes bad when I say it.
    I heard it all the time in Indiana

I also heard a lot of "A-rab" for "Arab" and "Nu-cu-lar" as "Nuclear."
    Thanks, Bush.

The word "warsh" is repulsive to me; it just tastes bad when I say it.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options

Do you need to use the warsher to warsh your clothes?

Thanks, Bush.

and " Ai-ran" instead of Iran ( e-rahn) and "AI-rack" instead of Iraq ( E-rahk)
  • FitnSassy
    FitnSassy Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I am offended by those who don't know nuthn'. Because they really know everything.

They really do know errythang!
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    I have recently started working with a few people who say good mornTING...when did they put a T in morning? WTF?! I swear I want to smack them every time they say it. It's more than one person. It's like a stupid epidemic.

tumblr_m7hfvzuYcc1qc6dvxo1_500.gif

^ Pretty much when this came out.

LOL So sorry I missed it! Great meme!
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options

Do you need to use the warsher to warsh your clothes?

Thanks, Bush.

and " Ai-ran" instead of Iran ( e-rahn) and "AI-rack" instead of Iraq ( E-rahk)

One of my professors came from Iraq and he literally screamed at one of the kids in the class for mispronouncing it. And then he yelled at me for not knowing gas prices. Dude had something stuck up his @ss.
  • srallen98
    srallen98 Posts: 8
    Options
    Not really a pronunciation thing, but when people say "irregardless" when they mean "regardless"...Oh, and add penultimate when people are talking about something great. Penultimate means first before last.
  • BenchPressingCats
    Options
    Not really a pronunciation thing, but when people say "irregardless" when they mean "regardless"...Oh, and add penultimate when people are talking about something great. Penultimate means first before last.

Gah! I hate that almost as much as I hate the word "normalcy."
    Thanks, Harding.
  • emtjmac
    Options

But it has the word "ultimate" in it!
  • BenchPressingCats
    Options
    Oh, and when people say "decimate" and mean "destroyed." Decimate means that only 1/10 of something is destroyed, not all of it.
  • emtjmac
    Options
    @bench, what is your 1 rep max for cat bench pressing?
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    My kids have started saying "it happened on accident" instead of "by accident" or "accidentally". I should be allowed to beat them for that, I reckon.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    bored much?
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    That freaking made up word "hangry" and the idiots that use it....I am angry that you assume I'm hungry, other than that your an idiot in my world.:yawn:

*facepalm*

You're*

LOL right I did not catch that one. LMAO
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    When people say "at the same token." Seriously, are we at an arcade? Can I play Time Crisis?
  • megfah
    megfah Posts: 61
    Options
    People not from MA that do this:

For Worcester: "Wor-chester" or "Worse-ester" when it's pronounced "Woo-ster".
    Leominster: "Leo-minse-ster" it's "Lemon-ster"

All the "sters" are just not right. I suppose if I weren't from MA I would probably butcher them too.

Yeah, I'm originally from Massachusetts. Same with Peabody. We say pea-buddy (but very quickly). The first time my husband heard me talking about Peabody, he thought there was a city in MA that was called puberty. :laugh:

And a water fountain is a bubbla. And the liquor store is a Packy.

Oh, wow, I live in Milwaukee and people here call water fountains "bubblers" - I thought it was just a Milwaukee thing! Even the rest of WI doesn't call them that. (And yeah, we pronounce our "Rs" here.)

I HATE "irregardless" with the heat of a supernova.

Also, "over-exaggerate." AAAARRRRGGGG!!! "Over" is part of the definition of exaggerate. It's so wrong!

And finally, it's not a pronunciation issue, but it just drives me crazy when people say, "I could care less," when what they mean is, "I don't care." If you say, "I could care less," you are saying it is possible for you to care less than you do - which means you CARE. The expression is, "I couldn't care less."

(Edited because I left off the end of my parentheses - how embarrassing!)
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I get more upset when people make up their own words I.E. conversate instead of converse.

I get upset when people use i.e. when they really mean to use e.g. :wink: I kid . . . I just wanted to have something to contribute.

I may be the type of person that laughs at her own jokes. Maybe. :frown:
  • mary29033
    mary29033 Posts: 11
    Options
    I hate it when people use "irregardless."

It's "regardless" - no "ir" needed.

That's redundantly saying something twice. :wink:
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    Maybe it's just me, but...it rubs me the wrong way when people call soda "pop." You call it by the brand name/'soda' or you call it nothing at all!
  • BenchPressingCats
    Options
    @bench, what is your 1 rep max for cat bench pressing?

Well, right now, I have only two cats to bench press. I've been cat pressing the 8 lb one and thinking about moving up to my 12 lb cat. First I want to dye him pink, though. Wouldn't want to become bulky.