Christie0428 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    yum, I will try this!
  • djkprojects
    djkprojects Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Here it is - a version with almonds

971033_4737076474066_2108889561_n.jpg

Tip: rather than making rounds spread all the mixture on a baking tray (about 33cm long) and once ready cut into 6 even squares. I've found this approach much easier and the halves are same size when making closed sandwich ;)
  • fightingthefood
    Options
    bump
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Has anyone used these as bun substitutes, like say for a burger? I'm skeptical about the sweetener if I'm using them for burgers. Thoughts?

And do they have a really egg-y taste? I don't think I could handle "bread" that tasted like an overcooked omelette.

OP, thanks for sharing.
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Does it have a sweet taste?
  • djkprojects
    djkprojects Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Does it have a sweet taste?

Yes, a bit - it would go very well with whipped cream and some fruit as a dessert - I tried it with blueberries jam and it takes very nice. I also eat it with Yellow cheese and turkey breast and I like it even sprinkled with almonds :)
  • happydaze71
    happydaze71 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing!! They sound great!
  • trinoc
    trinoc Posts: 73
    Options
    bump

Thanks. :-)
  • lady_in_weighting
    lady_in_weighting Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    bump
  • noogie98
    noogie98 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    saving for later ~ thanks for sharing!!
  • BIRDIEBL8
    BIRDIEBL8 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    bump
  • HikeThatMountain
    Options
    Made these for my morning brekkie and had it with fruits. soooo gewd. added a bit of vanilla and some lemon rind to it. thanks again.

Thanks so much for the recipe (and this above sounds heavenly!). Unfortunately, I will have to see how it goes without the cream of tartar as I am on the SCDiet (Specific Carbohydrate Diet) for Crohn's disease and cream of tartar is a no-no. But will try the vinegar/lemon as suggested or maybe some baking soda or maybe nothing at all, just remove the cream of tartar and see what happens. Its nice to find a recipe like this that hasn't got any grain flour. I usually make my bread out of ground almonds or cashews, but although it tastes amazing, it is pretty high in the calorie department (even if healthy/nutricious calories). So, thank you again!!!
  • MsQuacklady
    MsQuacklady Posts: 19
    Options
    they look great !!! Never have even bought cream of tartar -- what exactly is it's purpose ? You said you could sub with some lemon juice ?:happy:
  • HikeThatMountain
    Options
    they look great !!! Never have even bought cream of tartar -- what exactly is it's purpose ? You said you could sub with some lemon juice ?:happy:

Cream of tartar is a stabilizer (as stated by the poster of the recipe), which will help things like meringe or whipped cream stay whipped, the lemon and vinigar are actually levening agents which will leven (is that a proper word?-make it rise with air bubbles:) something that has ?acid in it, in this case the yogurt. If you want to leven it, since it has yogurt, another option that would work would be baking soda (probably approx 1 tsp for this amount).

Hope this helps answer your question :smile:
  • angelcurry130
    angelcurry130 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • AMC72
    AMC72 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've not heard of cloud bread before.... looks great. Definitely going to save for later use.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Bump...thanks!
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    So intrigued by this I shall have to try it. :love:
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    BUMP.
  • silentver
    silentver Posts: 8
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe will definitely try it...great for a treat. Will definitely try vinegar instead of cream of tartar(big no no for me). Awesome pics and looks great.