Anyone lose 100+ pounds WITHOUT surgery?

Options

Replies

• Jackie7864
    Jackie7864 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow!
  • cjaynep
    cjaynep Posts: 40
    Options
    Amazing thread, you've all done so well. I started January 30th and have lost 65 pounds so far...gunning for 100 +. So great to see it's certainly possible :D Thanks for sharing
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    This thread is AMAZING!! I have only (!) lost 78 so far but if any proof were needed that it's possible to lose the whole 198 that I need to, all of your posts have just proved it! You all look great!!
  • likethe309
    likethe309 Posts: 26
    Options
    It took close to five years, but I lost 130lb on my own. The pics are on my profile. It started with just living a more active lifestyle (walking to class, working a lot) then it transformed to an overall lifestyle change-no fast food, no soda, all that jazz.

I still have around 10 or so pounds left to go, but I'm in the best shape of my life and I feel great!
  • Sweetcherrytree
    Sweetcherrytree Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Wow looking good
  • Elise_healthy4life
    Elise_healthy4life Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I've lost almost 180lbs I'm coming up to two years in July feel free to add me
    The day I had my daughter
    B3744A2D-D98D-473A-AFDF-A374F65E52A7-10393-000012A954AEE68F_zpsc504b8fd.jpg

The other day
    21A315FE-9BBB-4E5E-B178-62CCFB3AA1B3-2027-0000034422FA510A_zpsf390ae66.jpg
  • debs6
    debs6 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    You have done an amazing job- well done! I thought I would post my progress shot. Hopefully it will work
    I reached my goal over a year ago and have been maintaining since then. No bariatric surgery - just diet and heaps of exercise.
    8de28715b62123fc6ce9a4ce9ac6c58b.jpg
  • ShaneSki
    ShaneSki Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have lost 300+ without surgery, got maybe another 15-20 lbs. to goal.... Take it one day at a time and you will reach yours..... Best of Luck

Check out my website/blog for my pics: www.gettingfit4life.com

I went to your website. I am truly humbled. Congrats sir.
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    An inspirational thread, thank you. Huge congratulations to you all :)
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I just love this thread. I love all of my fellow, non surgical, 100+ losers. We rock. That is all :drinker:
  • BayleighPaws
    BayleighPaws Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I gained 70lbs when I became pregnant with my son. When I delivered on August 5 2013, I was roughly 290lbs. I tried to blame the weight on the pregnancy, but the reality is I was unhealthy long before that. Evidenced by the "skinny clothes" I had hid away in the back of my closet and storage. 5 years ago I was sitting at a healthy weight of about 150lbs, and looked and felt amazing. I was active and fit... Then I met my fiancé and over the course of our relationship managed to pack on the pounds without really noticing. By the time I gave birth I was disgusted with the way I looked, though it was something that could have been helped before we even began trying.

I officially started "trying" to actively lose weight in October, once the stress of being a new mum had its time to sink in. The first time I stepped on a scale on October 15 I weighed 275. Yikes. I consider this my official "start weight".

I am currently sitting at 179lbs as of this morning! October to today I have been eating locally and as clean as possible (with the occasional treat of course!). I've been exercising almost daily and getting my butt off the couch! At 5'9 I am only 11lbs away from a healthy BMI!

Definitely couldn't have done it without MFP!
  • Samanthaaaaaaaaaaaa
    Samanthaaaaaaaaaaaa Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Great stories! Bump!
  • KimINfortheWin
    KimINfortheWin Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Bump for motivation!
  • lavanaloses
    lavanaloses Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    bump
  • stephroberts17
    Options
    howd you do it?
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    nope
  • truckdriverjeremy
    truckdriverjeremy Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I lost 127 lbs before i found MFP, and 98 lbs since for a total of 205.4 lbs! My doctor recommended surgery, and I even had a consultation set up, but at that time I had never had any surgery and I chickened out. My doctor at that time said I would never be able to accomplish that on my own. If he wasn't such a jerk, I wouldn't have changed doctors at all and would show him what i did. It took me awhile, but it can be done. For more on my journey:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1004751-my-journey
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I lost about 90 lbs before mfp then another 25 since
  • tmtorres31
    tmtorres31 Posts: 10
    Options
    Bump
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    I lost all my weight in 18 months with a Sensible diet and a lot of Activity (some people call it Exercise). Pictures are on my Profile I can't post them on this Phone.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!